All your PSP are belong to us!

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Sarvis
Sojourner

All your PSP are belong to us!

Postby Sarvis » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:51 pm

<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:35 am

Wow that looks like it took some effort.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:36 pm

Hah, I love it when the playstation says something about being able to flip over when it can't read discs, haha. I had to do that so many times with mine.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:01 pm

Kifle wrote:Hah, I love it when the playstation says something about being able to flip over when it can't read discs, haha. I had to do that so many times with mine.

Heh... a couple years ago whenever we got Tekken Tag running on my PS2 we'd just leave it on forever. Once some dumbass did end up turning it off it took like an hour to get it to read the disc again, we'd try holding the PS2 at every possible angle until we found one that worked. a 45 degree angle seemed to work a little more often than the other sfor some reason!
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Deshana
Sojourner

Postby Deshana » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:39 am

afk playing ff3.. damn you
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:22 pm

If your PS2 can't read the old blue games and is having trouble reading the black PS1 games, likely scenario is that your PS2 is one of the early models that had a defective laser unit in it.

I'd have to grab the model # off mine to compare to yours, but Sony replaced mine (just the laser unit) here a year or so ago for free, I just had to mail it in after I contacted them. Works like new again. And yes, I bought my PS2 in 2000. :P Look me up.

T
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:30 pm

Yasden wrote:If your PS2 can't read the old blue games and is having trouble reading the black PS1 games, likely scenario is that your PS2 is one of the early models that had a defective laser unit in it.

I'd have to grab the model # off mine to compare to yours, but Sony replaced mine (just the laser unit) here a year or so ago for free, I just had to mail it in after I contacted them. Works like new again. And yes, I bought my PS2 in 2000. :P Look me up.

T

Yeah, I sent mine in for repair just over a year ago. We all knew about this at the time, but since we could get Tekken working with effort that was all that mattered. Going two weeks without Tekken just wasn't an option! ;)

I finally had to send itin for FFX-2, because it just gave up completely. :(

Return to “General Discussion Archive”