Some Everquest Humor

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Eilorn
Sojourner

Some Everquest Humor

Postby Eilorn » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:04 pm

I don't, and never have, play(ed) Everquest. I read this in a link in a slashdot story, and laughed till I cried:

Attack of the Killer Gnome
Unknown Source --

I was invisible and running through the Karanas one day when I noticed a young gnome near the gypsy camp. He was fighting a lion and though it looked like he would win the battle, being a fellow gnome, I decided to help the guy out.

I targeted the lion, clicked on my mesmerize spell, then *started* to type: "I'm mesmerizing the lion for you." I got as far as: "I'm " when I remembered that I had replaced my mesmerize spell with an Area of Effect mesmerize spell... and that I was standing next to an NPC enchantress. Gulp.

My movement keys are mapped to "w a s d" so I frantically stabbed at my keyboard, trying to MOVE and interrupt the spell.

I forgot that I was in typing mode.

The gypsy enchantress didn't like my attempt to mezz her so she promptly charmed me and made me go after the gnome I had been trying to *save*. I watched in horror as my peace-loving character, knife flailing like a crazed sushi chef, chased the little guy down and stabbed him to death.

I found my victim later and apologized profusely... I even gave him a nice weapon and a piece of armor. He was great about it, and laughed when I told him what happened.

He said he didn't know WHAT was going on. One minute he was fighting a lion, the next minute a strange gnome appeared out of NOWHERE, announced: "I'm wwwaaaddd", then sliced him up like Freddy Krueger.

[sigh]
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
Gizep
Sojourner

Postby Gizep » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:13 am

Have you seen http://www.notacult.com/fansythefamous.htm
Fansy the famous bard?
As long as we live in this world we are bound to encounter problems. If, at such times, we lose hope and become discouraged, we diminish our ability to face difficulties. If, on the other hand, we remember that it is not just ourselves but everyone who has to undergo suffering, this more realistic perspective will increase our determination and capacity to overcome troubles.
-- The Dali Lama
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:12 am

omfg rofl rofl rofl rofl

i died a little today.

gooooo fansy

i would so date fansy shes the kind of girl gamer that makes rocks hard.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:11 pm

OMG, now that was funny. There's just something hilarious about listening to a bunch of "hardcore" gamers bashing somebody they don't like. Ever notice how it always comes down to either "You're gay" or "I bet you've never been laid." After a while it's like watching the same movie over and over, and you find yourself mouthing the words along with the dialogue.

It makes me want to start subbing the words "you're so gay" with "I'm so desperate I'd even do a guy, and I'm really hoping you're interested" and "you've never been laid" with "I'm 300 lbs. overweight, live in my mom's basement, my mom is my best friend and the nicest thing I say to her is "You old bitch," and I might have been laid once, a long, long time ago, so I'm bitterly reliving that moment over and over again in my mind... are you gay?"
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:40 pm

8)

Ashiwi only says these things because she's gay and has never been laid.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:43 pm

So true, so true.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!

Return to “General Discussion Archive”