Mud Log -> HTML converter, Ansi Tool

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Wobb
Sojourner

Mud Log -> HTML converter, Ansi Tool

Postby Wobb » Thu May 12, 2005 6:22 pm

I have been working on a few tools to help me wrap up my mudding years, but allowing me to keep some nostalgia around.

http://everstorm.com/

On the left at the bottom are links to 2 tools I've created that deal with ANSI color in particular.

Log Converter: If you have old mud logs lying around (that were logged in color with ANSI escape codes, (like zmud logs)), then you can have them converted to HTML, so you can store them, or post them on your own website.

ANSI Tool: This allows you to type the "in-game" ansi codes, such as what you would use when setting someone's title, and see the output.

Caveats:
1. With all internet stuff, if you use these tools, use them safely, remove character passwords from your log file before conversion. Although you will be the only one to see it...do it anyways.
2. Not all the true ANSI colors are supported, like BLINK and Background...which you'd only see on godspam or other crazy stuff like Moradin's Temple. But the 16 basic colors are working. I will probably add more later.
3. The log file system currently has a 2mb file size limit. So break up your larger files before attempting.

Enjoy!
Wobb

Return to “General Discussion Archive”