East Coast Mudders

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
kwirl
Sojourner

East Coast Mudders

Postby kwirl » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:24 pm

Just curious - who here lives in the northeast? I'm in delaware at the moment, just curious about a geographic breakdown.

Are there enough people to warrant throwing a party? The main purpose would be for people to come to my house, eat food and drink alcohol or absinthe or something fun.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:30 pm

Upstate NY here. I know Selerial's in Massachusetts and Talsor's in New Jersey, too.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:43 pm

I'm in Florida, Tampa actually.

Any south east mudders heading to orlando or the beaches anytime soon?
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:43 pm

Yep I'm in Jersey, and I'd go to any east coast gathering.

-Talsor/Ed
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:05 pm

I'll take a look at my schedule then, my house is very well suited for hosting a decent party, or alternatively I might use my house as a meeting point to host an all-day event at a nearby state park.

Actually, thats a great idea - we have tons of parking, multiple grills, outdoor activities, alcohol is allowed . . . . Let me look at a calendar and select from optional dates when I can waste a few hundred bucks hosting a good party.

June 25th or 26th
July 16th or 17th
July 23rd or 24th
Aug 13th or 14th
Aug 20th or 21st

Keg's aren't allowed but I'll bring several cases of beer, hard alcohol, ribs, burgers, hot dogs, chicken breasts and other essential barbecue/party stuff.

Anyone interested let me know which of those days are *bad* or *good* and sometime this week I'll post a final day to do this. I've got 3 couches in my living room that can hold a handful of people if you need somewhere to crash, i can't vouch for the comfort of those areas however.

If anyone ends up wanting to come out, I'd like to maybe have a community discussion about how to get more people playing the game, ways to market/promote the content effectively, or if you prefer we can just dork out about other topics, anything is welcome.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:26 pm

For me personally, June is a bad month, I have a ton of obligations and plans already for most of the month. Better for me would be later July or any time in August, to give me time to save up some $$.

-Talsor/Ed
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:41 pm

yeah actually july/august is better for me too, im thinking mid or late july is going to be my ideal

oh, btw - i've invited mudders from duris and medievia as well :P
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:11 pm

Also, the further away you place the event, the more time people will have to weigh their options and find money/ways to attend. Definately don't let this thread die, I'd love to attend a meet with the east coast mudders.

-Talsor/Ed
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:16 pm

is july 23rd too early? i can throw one hell of a party around that time
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:17 pm

Ed, You'd better take plenty of pics if you guys do this and post them for those of us that can't be there... :P
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:53 pm

If it happens mid to late August i might be able to fly out for a day or what not for it.

Pril
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:52 pm

Up in MA here
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:05 am

As Birile already said, I'm in Massachusetts (south coast). I suppose it would be interesting to come to one of these gathering things. Most any time would be fine, if it's on a weekend I don't even need to take any days off, not that that's a big deal either.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:25 am

Virginia, Ted ... Virginia ... !!!
Zakissus
Sojourner

re:

Postby Zakissus » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:06 pm

In Jersey here too, if its close enough Id be up for hanging. August works well...
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:48 am

im in dirty jersey too :-P
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:52 am

sorry i've been so busy lol! fucking stupid real life

anyway, since i've got an old girlfriend flying out in july, its looking like august will be our magic month!!!!

there is a very bad ass state park that has tons of accomadations - its called Lums Pond, in delaware. ill provide food and alcohol (more is always welcome) as well as when the park closes at sunset we can lurk back to my place if people want, or we can hit a bar or a diner or whatever you people do
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:06 pm

/bump

I'm definately interested in coming, and I might be renting a car to drive down since I work for Budget and get a discount and unlimited mileage. Anyone in the NY/NJ area willing to go in on that with me? Let a brotha know!

-Talsor/Ed
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:28 pm

hi still here! not sure how much interest is going on .... but i thought i would make a suggestion

in august is otakon, which is like a HUGE anime convention in baltimore, im told its one of the biggest in the country. its a 3 day event, so im gonna try and round up people to go - i've got about 15 or so RL friends that are gonna go, mostly to party and get laid (cough) but we do enjoy the anime, too.

That said, selias and weylarii are my RL neighborish people - so if anyone here does decide to show up we can guilt them over to my place easily enough, or we can alternately decide to meet up at the convention. the hotels offer discounts to people who are in town for the convention, so if you get people to double up or grab the floor it can work out to like 15 or 20 bucks per person each night for a nice hotel room. hell, the last night of the last convention we had 8 people in our hotel room.

i'm always willing to host gatherings where i live, so just give me notice and you are welcome. we don't roleplay, but i do have tons of video games, board games are awesome (i.e. risk or axis and allies or settlers or whatever) - we go out to karaoke, we hang around the grill and smoke and exchange stories, etc.

mainly im just interested in what the community here wants to do - i can make something as big or small as the situation needs to be
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:44 pm

move to so cal kwirl. and organize gathering here. i wanna go
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:37 pm

i lived in socal :P now im over here! wait your turn! :P

Return to “General Discussion Archive”