Reconciliation

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
kwirl
Sojourner

Reconciliation

Postby kwirl » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:27 pm

There is too much hostility guys, let's not push the boat onto a stretch of land none of us wants to visit.

Kifle, I'm sorry about my poor taste in jokes and the things I have said to offend you over the last couple of years, particularly when I wasn't thinking about how it would affect other people and players.

If anyone else feels that I owe them an apology, or would like to apologize to someone and make an attempt at starting anew, please post here, eh?
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:00 pm

I'm sorry... sorry you guys are such jerks!

/Homer
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:13 pm

Ragorn wrote:I'm sorry... sorry you guys are such jerks!

/Homer

You know that the problem is Kwirl. You try to fix something and i applaud you for it but some people see it as a big joke when CLEARLY some people have said things that they may or may not mean that have hurt others. That's the real problem i've noticed the maturity level of some people is so low that they can't seem to realize when things are just not appropriate. Makes me think if they are the same way in real life and how often they get beaten (my assumption is on a regular basis).

Some people seem to think that when posting on a public BBS telling someone to kill themselves won't offend ANYONE, and passing it off with a simple comment thinking that it makes it ok to say.

Ragorn wrote:I really hope that one day you get into one of your really depressed states and realize you are nothing but the lowest form of human life on earth and just end it all, and rid these forums, and the mud, of the scum that is kwirl.

Hope I didn't offend anyone with that.

How often do you say stuff like that in real life in a group of people? And how many of those people say "Oh it's ok that he wishes someone would commit suicide because he's not trying to offend us!"

Learn to police yerself. Think before you talk. As age old and silly as the saying is, "Treat others like you want to be treated."

Kwirl sorry for hijacking the thread man just got annoyed by some posts one too many times today. Thanks for taking the higher road and trying mend relationships.

Pril
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:32 pm

Pril wrote:
Ragorn wrote:I'm sorry... sorry you guys are such jerks!

/Homer

You know that the problem is Kwirl. You try to fix something and i applaud you for it but some people see it as a big joke when CLEARLY some people have said things that they may or may not mean that have hurt others. That's the real problem i've noticed the maturity level of some people is so low that they can't seem to realize when things are just not appropriate. Makes me think if they are the same way in real life and how often they get beaten (my assumption is on a regular basis).

Some people seem to think that when posting on a public BBS telling someone to kill themselves won't offend ANYONE, and passing it off with a simple comment thinking that it makes it ok to say.

Ragorn wrote:I really hope that one day you get into one of your really depressed states and realize you are nothing but the lowest form of human life on earth and just end it all, and rid these forums, and the mud, of the scum that is kwirl.

How often do you say stuff like that in real life in a group of people? And how many of those people say "Oh it's ok that he wishes someone would commit suicide because he's not trying to offend us!"

Learn to police yerself. Think before you talk. As age old and silly as the saying is, "Treat others like you want to be treated."

Kwirl sorry for hijacking the thread man just got annoyed by some posts one too many times today. Thanks for taking the higher road and trying mend relationships.

Pril

Pril, put your brain back in, man. If you look at the time of kwirl posting this thread, then look through other posts, he's being his old annoying and retarded self still. He makes no plan to change and this is an empty, and sarcastic, apology.

As far as people getting beat on a regular basis? Sure, I got the occasional punch in the arm by my friends because I was small and ran my mouth, but now I am still small and run my mouth irl; however, I don't get beat anymore. Hell, me and my friends joke about eating aborted fetuses and nobody gets offended. The difference between my friends and some of the people here are that my friends have the necessary intelligence and thick skin to appreciate and understand the jokes.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Rags is also just as blunt and offensive, as are twyl and arilin, and I'm pretty sure none of them get beat regularly or at all. While most people would like to think that everybody on the internet that offends people are little sickly kids that got their milk money stolen from them, the reality is that they are not. I'm not going to say that none of them are, but the ones that I know are not.

Anyway, to the point... Don't be so quick to jump to the side of the "victim" in these cases. Most often, around here anyway, they bring it on themselves. I'm sure it's because you're a nice guy irl and you chose to follow a more compasionate path, but sometimes you have to sit back and look at the whole picture before you make judgement calls. If you look at the world through a window all the time, you'll have a very skewed version of what the world is truely like.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:55 pm

i dont think of myself as a victim hehe :) also, rags didn't say that pril, you got the wrong quoter
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:11 pm

Pril wrote:

First of all, I didn't say that. I know you're just sticking up for Kwirl, so I won't hold it against you :P

Secondly, I know kwirl from the "old school," so to speak. Kwirl was at the original meeting I held when I was forming Wanderlust Excelsium back on Sojourn 2 in 1999. Kwirl and I played on Duris together. Kwirl and I were guilded together in World of Warcraft. Kwirl is on my AIM list. See, I'm allowed to make jokes with my friends. I have no problem with Kwirl posting all sorts of ridiculous crap if he wants, because I have the ability to not read posts and threads I don't want to read. It's an amazing Ranger ability that I spent months grinding to 99.

Now Pril. I have no idea who you are. I apologize for inadvertantly offending you. Let's start anew.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:16 pm

pril is a cool guy, i did xp with him when he was new i think :P
Abbayarra
Sojourner

just a suggestion(nothing new)

Postby Abbayarra » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:07 am

I'll tell you what, this is just a game. To get real upset over it is kind of lame, of course I know how hard it is not to get upset, I've gotten upset in the past. Do what I do, play a couple hours a week and enjoy the game. Don't get your life wrapped up in this game, it's just a game.
Kifle
Sojourner

Re: just a suggestion(nothing new)

Postby Kifle » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:25 am

Abbayarra wrote:I'll tell you what, this is just a game. To get real upset over it is kind of lame, of course I know how hard it is not to get upset, I've gotten upset in the past. Do what I do, play a couple hours a week and enjoy the game. Don't get your life wrapped up in this game, it's just a game.

This has nothing to do with the actual game; hence it is in general discussion and the game was never mentioned... Your attempt at moral superiority has fallen short. Nice try though, dad.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:34 am

? I could have SWORN that was Nurpy that said that last night? Am I wrong or did someone copy/paste it as a joke?
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:44 pm

bump
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:53 pm

Er... sorry Rags i'm just senile and blind i guess. it was Nnurpy that had said that. Feel free to slap me 2 or 3 times in the g*** This is general discussion god forbid someone mentions the game :p

Pril
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:55 am

I don't play the game :P
- Ragorn
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:27 pm

Well then fly to denver and smack me once or twice :p
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:08 pm

Pril wrote:Well then fly to denver and smack me once or twice :p

Do we get a t-shirt?
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:58 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:

Do we get a t-shirt?

Yes tef if you come here you can get a:

"I drove all the way to Denver just to get my ass kicked" T-shirt.

:p

Pril
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:30 pm

Pril wrote:
teflor the ranger wrote:

Do we get a t-shirt?

Yes tef if you come here you can get a:

"I drove all the way to Denver just to get my ass kicked" T-shirt.

:p

Pril

And if you come to Portland, i'll give you the t-shirt plus kick yer ass.
Two for the price of one!
Muahahaha!
Del
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:50 pm

these would be your t-shirts right?

Return to “General Discussion Archive”