Hey Bush, Where is our Exit Strategy?!

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Hey Bush, Where is our Exit Strategy?!

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:24 am

When can we get out of Germany, Japan, Korea, Turkey, Djibouti, Kosovo, Bosnia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Colombia, Cuba, and all those pesky humanitarian missions that needlessly get our soldiers killed?

Bring them home. We don't want to care about our fellow humanity in the world.

Where is the exit strategy for our obligations to the freedom of mankind?
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:05 am

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:49 am

The internet right is stifling my rights! We are headed down the wrong road. I am allowed to question our president! They are eroding our personal freedoms!

Rylan is trying to antagonize me with his flames and insults and pointless arguments!

Let's move to Canada because Bush is stupid!
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:15 am

Please do
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:27 am

Maedor wrote:Please do

Buy me a ticket Maedor so I can be with all the intelligent non-prejudiced people because all people from Texas are stupid rednecks! Rofl!
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:43 pm

For all your talk of "humanitarian missions" and "our obligation to humanity," you fail to realize that the amoral machiavellian types are using this precisely as an excuse to foster hegemony. Whose hegemony? Not neccesarily America's, American power is just a means to their end, of world domination.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:25 pm

Lahgen wrote:For all your talk of "humanitarian missions" and "our obligation to humanity," you fail to realize that the amoral machiavellian types are using this precisely as an excuse to foster hegemony. Whose hegemony? Not neccesarily America's, American power is just a means to their end, of world domination.

Roflmao! We need an exit strategy from world domination!
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:06 am

I also think we need an exit strategy from oil dependance.

We should be more self-reliant as a nation and depend on ourselves to solve our own problems here at home!

We shouldn't be listening to those rednecks who live in the midwest, they are just stupid farmers and working families who rely upon themselves to solve their own problems. Stupid self-sufficient people.

They're all prejudiced! Rofl!
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:37 pm

Ahhh, your wise and strategic use of sarcasm and antagonism has completely challenged my close-minded worldviews.

I have been set free from my own intellectual chains!!

Thanks for all you do for the Toril BBS community, Teflor. Another thought provoking, quality post.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:18 pm

avak wrote:Ahhh, your wise and strategic use of sarcasm and antagonism has completely challenged my close-minded worldviews.

I have been set free from my own intellectual chains!!

Thanks for all you do for the Toril BBS community, Teflor. Another thought provoking, quality post.

The whole thread is just for you Avak! Rofl! We need an exit strategy from your mom!
Shiallia
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Shiallia » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:03 pm

Just when you thought it was safe to read the forums.....He's Baaaaack!
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:47 pm

America a ruthless tyrannical organization determined to rule the world by the mass bombardment of McDonalds food chains and Pepsi cola into 3rd world cultures.

Bush the Churchman sez, “Our chief weapon is Surprise, and Fear! Our TWO chief weapons are Surpise, Fear, and an almost fanatical dedication to capitalism. AhhhhMONGST our diverse weaponry are such elements AS.. Surprise… that’s all.. just surprise.”
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:31 pm

Llaaldara wrote:America a ruthless tyrannical organization determined to rule the world by the mass bombardment of McDonalds food chains and Pepsi cola into 3rd world cultures.

Bush the Churchman sez, “Our chief weapon is Surprise, and Fear! Our TWO chief weapons are Surpise, Fear, and an almost fanatical dedication to capitalism. AhhhhMONGST our diverse weaponry are such elements AS.. Surprise… that’s all.. just surprise.”

Get....the COMFY CHAIR!!!
Vandic wields a massive mithril axe of gazebo chopping.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:52 pm

isn't it a little early to be talking exit strategy? you think you can win wars and change culture in just a few years?

Do you really think that just kicking saddam out was going to somehow magically remake the country? win over the hearts and minds of iraqis to freedom and democracy? get them to start participating in the world body? give rights to the women of their country? religious tolerance? come on now you all can't be that stupid. its going to take several generations to brainwash them successfully.

i figure when we invaded we were committing an occupying presence for 10 years and probably a significant residual presence for at least 30 or 40. I'm not worried about an exit strategy because we aren't anywhere close to exiting if we are doing it right.

I hope all you bleeding hearts dont fuck this up with your whining about exit strategies and soldiers getting killed. look at the # of deaths as a result of car accidents or drugs last month in your state and come back here and try and tell me your excited about a few soldiers who are dieing as a result of an attempt to help another nation's people have a better life. right or wrong we are fucking committed now and it would be a disservice to those that have died and suffered to leave anytime soon.

and before someone posts some bullshit about how exit strategy could be 10 years from now, be real. when people say exit strategy they don't mean 10 years they mean an immediate scaling back and all but complete elimination of presence within 2 years.

seriously are we going to start being as wishy washy as the french? get some backbone and support your / our previous committment and decision. if you didn't support the war, then continue your protesting if you must.
Shiallia
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Shiallia » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:14 pm

Wow...such language. Your point can be made with less aggression right? Everyone else in here was trying to take this as another "teflor" post and not bite the baited hook. Looks like someone failed their awareness check.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:09 pm

Llaaldara wrote:America a ruthless tyrannical organization determined to rule the world by the mass bombardment of McDonalds food chains and Pepsi cola into 3rd world cultures.

From all my international travels, Coke seems to be the top dog -as it should be since it's success is partially due to being McDonalds sole provider for beverages.

When I was in the Phillippines, the coke to pepsi ratio was something like 9 to 1...

[End Random Insert]
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:40 am

Botef wrote:

From all my international travels, Coke seems to be the top dog -as it should be since it's success is partially due to being McDonalds sole provider for beverages.

When I was in the Phillippines, the coke to pepsi ratio was something like 9 to 1...

[End Random Insert]

Doesn't McDonald's also sell Dr. Pepper? Isn't that a Pepsi product?
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:48 am

Pepper and Pibb are both Coke, if I'm not mistaken.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:59 am

Actually, (assuming things haven't changed since I worked at Pepsi) Pibb is a coke product. Dr. Pepper is an independant that allows distribution through both Coke and Pepsi. Pibb hasn't taken off the way that Dr. Pepper did, but when Coke started putting out Mr. Pibb, Dr. Pepper gave most of their business to Pepsi. The same thing happened with 7-up when Sprite came into production. Sierra Mist was Pepsi's answer back. So now, you have (or did at the time) 7-up and Dr. Pepper falling into a Wal-Mart type trap. More money=more advertising=bigger market share.

If you look at it, it is the same thing that Toril faces: Originality vs. Flashy.

Obey your Thirst. . .or better yet, Obey your Mass Media :p
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:01 am

Weird... Must have just made the association since it's always near the Pepsi products in my grocery store. I guess that makes Dr. Pepper the Ross Perot of soda.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:19 pm

Yeah I always thought Pepper was a Pepsi product. However, in 2002, Virginia Tech signed an exclusive deal with Coke that essentially removed all traces of Pepsi from on-campus eateries. But Dr. Pepper remained, on right next to Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Nestea on the soda fountains and in the vending machines. Makes sense that Pepper is an independent entity. Thanks Vigis!

And I can't believe how the Sprite marketing campaign has turned 180 in the last five years. The entire Obey Your Thirst tagline was originally "Image is nothing, taste is everything, obey your thirst." The campaign was a response to the Britney Spears-type Pepsi commercials, as a way of saying "Glitzy commericals don't make for good soda." Now, Sprite's ad campaign features big-name celebrities and sports stars sporting bling-a-blang, fancy cars, and jewel-encrusted Sprite machines in their homes. How did we get from "Image is nothing" to "Image is everything?"
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:40 pm

Image is what it's marketed to be. Pink is the new orange. Image is only nothing when a huge portion of the buying market is dressing alike in an "image is nothing" fashion in order to feel like a unique individual dressed exactly like all the other unique individuals who are trying to make a statement that they care nothing about their image by carefully cultivating an image which represents a lack of image.

Imagine that.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:28 pm

Josie and the Pussycats! Orange is the new pink, pink is the new orange!

I drink Pepsi alone, Coke with Rum, and Dr Pepper at fast food places. If no Dr Pepper, Pibb is Ok.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:10 pm

Sounds like Dr. Pepper has an Exit Strategy. :)

It will exit the bottle and flee mightily down my throat to find a safe haven within mah belly!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:10 pm

And Llaaldara wins the thread.
- Ragorn
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:34 am

Christianity needs an exit strategy.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:22 am

Shiallia wrote:Wow...such language. Your point can be made with less aggression right? Everyone else in here was trying to take this as another "teflor" post and not bite the baited hook. Looks like someone failed their awareness check.

What baited hook? Do we need an exit strategy from that too?
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:51 am

amazing how such a serious topic quickly degenerated into what...

a debate about coke and pepsi and their subsidiary products???!

God bless America...truly, we need it now more than ever.

PS. Right on Lahgen.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:34 am

Lemonade is my exit strategy from soft drinks, daggaz.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:40 pm

Teflor, here is your exit strategy:

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:02 pm

Maybe we can use that exit strategy to get out of Iraq.

The important thing, after all, is to just have a plan.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”