BBS Tone

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Ambar
Sojourner

BBS Tone

Postby Ambar » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:53 pm

I know many threads have been started about this, but it is getting ridiculous. I found a mudmail from one of the immorts from three years ago. In it was a plan to change the tone of the bbs to one of more respect, more give and take conversations and less name calling.

Personally, I am willing to admit fault when I felt like I was being attacked, I respond in kind. Maybe we all need to take a step back and realize that this is a public forum and just anyone can read what we type.

I know a LOT of people find it fun, the give and take of bantering, the name calling. I know when I was in certain guilds, we laughed at eachother mercilessly. But we kept it at assoc chat. We didnt take it to the BBS, we didnt take it to gsay. But not everyone does. Not everyone reacts the same way to that joking.

Sure, freedom of speech rules all, but damn. Take a step back, breathe. Relax....

Trying to get other people's opinion on this, see what we can do .. or even if we need to do anything.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:29 pm

Yep.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:32 pm

Kettle. Black.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:24 am

you say be nice

i say ignore mean people

eliminating others ability to affect you by controlling your own response and emotion is the path to power and happiness.
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:56 am

Agreed, as posted elsewhere be nice. There is no requirement that we maintain a BBS, so please use it appropriately.
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:36 am

kiryan wrote:you say be nice

i say ignore mean people

eliminating others ability to affect you by controlling your own response and emotion is the path to power and happiness.

Exactly. Kiryan is wise.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:07 am

don't feed the dude's ego. There's nothing wise in that. If someone doesn't like work provided to them for free, fine. If someone's gonna crap on the person en route to saying said work wasn't to their satisfaction, there's a problem. Respect is what it's all about.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:52 am

My point to this thread is that we ALL (myself included) need to relax and realize that there are people on the other side of the keys. Is it pollyanna'ish of me to want people (myself included) to be nicer? Probably! I still feel its possible

I personally have had a LOT of rl stress lately .. last year or so in particular. I notice my nastiness on the BBS started back then I'd say. I personally am going to curb my responses to a little less vehement, I'm sure I will degenerate on occasion, but I am going to try.

A sweet lady advised me to find someone of like mindedness and discuss what I wabnted to post with them, then decide if posting is the best option, or is internal discussion better .. gonna try that too
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:20 am

It's just too bad that none of you are as cool as I am.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”