building

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
ralidinil
Sojourner

building

Postby ralidinil » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:07 am

Does Toril want people to build new areas? if so, how do those people apply? what level do they have etc?
The tide is high and i'm moving on...
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:19 pm

We're always looking for new people to build areas. Send your idea to Cyric at roysoto@yahoo.com and he'll decide if it fits with theme and get you going on your way if it does.
ralidinil
Sojourner

thank you

Postby ralidinil » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:03 pm

Thanks for the response! I might submit a zone idea in the future once I have played Toril a bit more!
ralidinil
Sojourner

the theme

Postby ralidinil » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:08 pm

When you ask for a consistent adherence to a "theme" I assume that it is dungeons and dragons? I have all the tsr books and guides - dungeonmaster book , monster manual etc.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:42 pm

It's a Forgotten Realms setting. At the moment the game is going through a long-term overhaul to bring it all more into line with the Forgotten Realms area maps, too. If you have an idea for a zone, be sure to write to Cyric about it, as there are a lot of zones already planned for insertion into the game world from another Forgotten Realms mud, Homeland, that merged with Toril.

If you don't have any Forgotten Realms specific research materials, WOTC has a page that is all free downloads of out of date references, including a rather expansive FR list.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:38 pm

hrmm....bring the version of waterdeep over from Homelands? I know I worked my butt off making the dock section layout almost identical to that of the map I have.
Kallinar goes MOO
Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:30 pm

It’s planned, or at least was. From what I remember, it won't be an exact transfer from Homeland to Toril, but it should be mostly the same. If any of you Homeland builders have zones over there you'd like to touch up for use on Toril, you should contact Vaprak or Lathander I think.

As for the theme, it’s a loose Forgotten Realms setting. Not everything is exact, as we've got things from probably 1st edition, 2nd edition, 3rd, and likely 3.5. We do try to keep mostly with the 2nd edition storyline however.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”