Sony Vaio?

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Vigis
Sojourner

Sony Vaio?

Postby Vigis » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:22 pm

So, I am looking at buying a new computer and thought the Vaio desktops looked pretty good, what do you folks suggest?

Here is a link to the one I am looking at:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSH ... esdesktops
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:18 pm

gary, dont do it :-P

calllll meeeeehhhh

or ill call you.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Nokar
Sojourner

Postby Nokar » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:38 pm

DUDE!
build your own.

You can build a nice system for around the same price. You can find 17 -19" crt monitors for less than 100. HD's you can find for next to nothing. You can even use your old hard drives as extra storage go out and get a hd enclosure that hooks up to usb 2.0. Is what I did with my old ones. It's actually cheaper than buying a 1 gig jump drive. Hav emy old 160 gig as a jump drive now :P

Unless you play some serious games you don't have to go over board on video and sound cards. I only did because I do a lot of video and image editing and will be doing a very little bit of gaming when I can finally slow down taking all the overtime at work.

Best way to build if you don't have a lot of cash is check pricewatch.com, newegg.com, allstarshop.com for the best deal on a barebones system.
Take that then add a video card, a lower end creative labs sound card, and a nice hard drive then pick up a decent monitor and you're on your way to a nice system.. Better than that viao. You want something that you can upgrade later on. If I remember correctly most everything on a viao os hard wired on the board. On some you can go into the bios under jumper free settings and turn the on board sound card adn on board graphics off to put in your own but sonys' just like HP's and compaqs' are all tempermental.

Seriously bro, build your own puter.
The reason any computer save for the old vic-20's, c64's, c 128, trash 80, tandy color, and the commodor pc-II 40 I had I built myself back when they first came out with pc clones. I like to know what all goes into the system I'm running. If they had it feasable to build your own laptop from ground up I would do that just so I know what all is in it and I could replace anything that goes wrong if it goes wrong.

I'll keep my eyes open.. I'll need to know what all you plan on doing with the system so I know just what to keep my eyes open for.

L8r bro,
Rhoquinn group says 'Nok no wandering!'
You group say 'Is there any aggro's here?'
You flee westward!
You group say 'ummm guys?'
Rhoquinn group says 'Dammit Nok'
Welcome to toril
Nokar
Sojourner

Postby Nokar » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:59 pm

Super Dual - AMD Dual core X2 4200+; 1GB RAM; 160GB HARD DRIVE; DVD-RW; $814.99 $814.99
MOTHERBOARD: ECS RS480-M Socket 939/FSB2000/IEEE1394/A&V&L (video on board)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+* (2.2GHz) Retail
COOLING FAN: EXTRA COOL (highly recommended add $15 $15.00 $15.00
MEMORY: 2GB PC 3200 400MHz RAM add $89 $89.00 $89.00
MEMORY HEATSINK: Please include (highly recommended) add $9 $9.00 $9.00
HARD DRIVE: 2 x 160 GB Serial ATA 8MB CACHE (2 Hard Drives) add $79 $79.00 $79.00
HARD DRIVE COOLER: NONE
OPTICAL DRIVE: 16X DVD-RW +/- dual layer
2nd OPTICAL DRIVE: NONE
VIDEO CARD: ATI Radeon X800GT 256MB DVI/CRT/TV-out PCI-E add $189 $189.00 $189.00
CASE: Broadway ATX Midtower 450W F audio (black)
CASE FAN: INCLUDE (highly recommended) add $3 $3.00 $3.00
SOUND CARD: SB LIVE! VALUE 5.1 OEM add $28 $28.00 $28.00
MODEM: NONE
NETWORKING: ONBOARD
WIRELESS CARD: NONE
KEYBOARD: INTERNET PS2
MOUSE: OPTICAL PS2
SPEAKERS: 360WATT w/ SUBWOOFER add $14 $14.00 $14.00
OPERATING SYSTEM: MS WINDOWS XP HOME add $99 $99.00 $99.00
MONITOR: NONE
WARRANTY: 1 YEAR WARRANTY
ADVANCED REPLACEMENT: 30 DAYS (FREE)
APPLICATION SOFTWARE: Word Perfect Productivity Pack add $3.99 $3.99 $3.99
Total: $1,343.98

This was a decent deal for a barebones system with the add-ons I found On pricewatch.. through Infinity Systems Plus, Inc.

Again.. SERIOUSLY Bro!! Build one. It really isn't that hard..

Just remember if you do build it yourself. GET ARTIC 3 silver thermal compound for the cpu heatsink!!! Works a helluva lot better than the generic gray crap it comes with!

Just take a look on price watch and the other places I Mentioned! or have someone do it for you.

L8r bro,

You flee westward!

Welcome to toril
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:12 pm

The thermal compound wont mean much if you aren't going to overclock it. AMD's stock heatsing/fan and thermal patch work just fine. No reason to overcomplicate things. You have to be very careful when removing and applying that stuff and I'm sure it would be less of a headache if a person just had to plug n play.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:23 pm

ive already told gary many many times, just to let me build it :-P

gary buy parts, me build system

me tarzan, you jane yada yada yada

Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'

Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:26 pm

Nokar wrote: MEMORY: 2GB PC 3200 400MHz RAM add $89 $89.00 $89.00

your breakin my balls here nokar.

never EEEEEEVER use cheap ram unless your working on a cheap system.

find good PAIRED dual channel ram from a reputible precision ram company, like OCZ, Corisar, Muskin, hell even A-DATA makes some pretty ok stuff. If you use premium ram you will not believe the difference it makes in computer speed.

Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:51 pm

But I want something now :) As in go to store, get home from store, plug in pc, MUD.

If I shouldn't be looking at the Vaio, what kind of specs should I be looking for?

I'm don't think I'll be doing any graphic games on it. Mostly some work stuff, mudding etc. My old computer is ready to be shot and I want a new one before Tia.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:05 am

Vigis wrote:But I want something now :) As in go to store, get home from store, plug in pc, MUD.

If I shouldn't be looking at the Vaio, what kind of specs should I be looking for?

I'm don't think I'll be doing any graphic games on it. Mostly some work stuff, mudding etc. My old computer is ready to be shot and I want a new one before Tia.

What kind of work stuff? You do graphic design or mostly excel and word type stuff?

Also, ruxur, correct me if I'm wrong, which I very well may be, but is it really necessary to get a paired set of sticks? I'm pretty sure you can buy two regular sticks and it will still run in dual channel. I think the only difference is that the sold pairs are tested to make sure, although you run only a very slight risk that it wont run in dual channel if you buy seperate sticks. Also, you'll want to make sure if you're getting an AMD that it is a socket 939 and not a 754. The memory controllers on the s754 chips aren't capable of dual channel I don't think.

Vigis, if you're really too impatient to save a few hundred bucks (which is a lot in a budget system), you really don't have to be too picky if you aren't looking for something powerful. I personally thought my viao laptop ran great, so I'll trust sony in that department I guess. Also, if you're dead set on buying a prebuilt, at least find a copy of XP pro and reformat your HDD with it. Those companies put so much bloatware on those systems it will kill your system before it's time (hogging ram and forcing a larger page, increased heat, etc.) and think about adding at least one extra case fan. Nothing kills a PC faster than heat + dust, and with those smaller atx and micro atx cases they sell these days, the ventalation can be extremely horrid.

As far as specs, intel or amd, it doesn't really matter if you aren't doing video encoding or high end graphical gaming. You truely wont notice a difference. Dual core processors for you would be a waste of money. The newer single cores will multi-task just as good (intel is better in this area) when playing zmud/websurfing/word perfect/etc...

You'll want at least 1g of ram. 512mb is pretty much bottom of the barrel right now (reliable companies do make the difference -- cheap ram sucks ass). On board graphics will be sufficient, so don't waste your money on a seperate graphics card -- you may want to get a motherboard capable of pci-e x16 just in case you change your mind here (I doubt you'll be getting sli even if you do want to play graphical games, so don't worry too much about that). If you can, look for something that has integrated ac'97 sound if you plan on listening to music or watching dvds. At least on DVD drive will be fine, although you may want to get a writable drive just in case (rw isn't necessary). The hard drive should at least be 7900rpm and 8mb of cache (space can vary upon your needs, but remember that once it is half full you start to loose performance). As far as monitors go, LCD will probably be great for you since you wont have to worry about ghosting (which doesn't happen much these days). Just remember that LCDs will look crapier when they are not run in their native resolution (mostly when playing games).

That should be about it. Good luck, but please consider having it built by a friend or yourself. It really is worth the extra day or two.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Nokar
Sojourner

Postby Nokar » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:32 am

Kifle wrote:The thermal compound wont mean much if you aren't going to overclock it. AMD's stock heatsing/fan and thermal patch work just fine. No reason to overcomplicate things. You have to be very careful when removing and applying that stuff and I'm sure it would be less of a headache if a person just had to plug n play.

How is taking a razor blade or a utility knife blade and scraping it off difficult?
And applying You put 3-4 b-b diameter dots on the heatsink then place heatsink on cpu hook hooks in place then use the ratchet and clip the heat sink on. You should then be able to unclip the heatsink and gently lift the heatsink off of the cpu and see if the coverage of the cpu is 100%. If it isn't add just a little little bit more. then re-hook and clip the heatsink back on.
Also what if said person has a friend and they say hey bro.. we can make this thing go faster and do this and do that all you gotta do is this. Then they show him how to Overclock it. Then a couple days/weeks/months down the line it just goes poof. Then he's not only out a possible $238 for a new motherboard he's definitely out $475 for a new cpu/heatsink & fan.

As parents say... Kid's do the damnedest things sometimes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And Ruxur,

I was just showing Vig an example, (would not be what I would buy but...), of how much a small decent system could run him and everything on it would be upgradeable, and replaceable without going back to the store with the tower in tow saying here fix it. He can just pop out the bad part and put in the new one. Since, for the most part, the days of actually reparing the actual bad board are the way of the wind. :P

You flee westward!

Welcome to toril
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am

Okay, will consider letting Ruxur build it for me. . . he has begged enuff :P Might still look at some pre-built systems because I hate waiting :p

Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:36 am

for gary i would use the following setup

775(t) pentium4 3.0HT
1 gb OCZ gold 2-2-2-5 (2x512 paired, tested)
gigabyte geforce 6600 256mb pci-e
120 gb seagate 7200rpm 8mb buffer hd
standard dual layer dvd burner
not sure what case and motherboard i would use at this point.

that rig will play most pc based games out there, and not be too expensive. And gary, i wont let you buy a sony, because i care. Also, i have the overnighted, so it wont take long.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:46 pm

Ruxur wrote:for gary i would use the following setup

775(t) pentium4 3.0HT

that rig will play most pc based games out there, and not be too expensive. And gary, i wont let you buy a sony, because i care. Also, i have the overnighted, so it wont take long.

If he isn't going to be playing graphical games, why get the card? And I'm sure he'd be very pleased with corsair value ram. He doesn't need those timings for zmud and work apps (unless he does graphical work, encoding, etc...) Dual layer dvd will not be used as well, I think -- although I'm not him so I don't know. It'd pretty tough to fill a DVD sometimes, so a single layer would probably suit his needs.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:53 pm

Nokar wrote:
Kifle wrote:The thermal compound wont mean much if you aren't going to overclock it. AMD's stock heatsing/fan and thermal patch work just fine. No reason to overcomplicate things. You have to be very careful when removing and applying that stuff and I'm sure it would be less of a headache if a person just had to plug n play.

How is taking a razor blade or a utility knife blade and scraping it off difficult?
And applying You put 3-4 b-b diameter dots on the heatsink then place heatsink on cpu hook hooks in place then use the ratchet and clip the heat sink on. You should then be able to unclip the heatsink and gently lift the heatsink off of the cpu and see if the coverage of the cpu is 100%. If it isn't add just a little little bit more. then re-hook and clip the heatsink back on.
Also what if said person has a friend and they say hey bro.. we can make this thing go faster and do this and do that all you gotta do is this. Then they show him how to Overclock it. Then a couple days/weeks/months down the line it just goes poof. Then he's not only out a possible $238 for a new motherboard he's definitely out $475 for a new cpu/heatsink & fan.

Because it isn't as simple as taking a razor blade and taking it off. Thermal compound molecules are very very tiny which fit into the smallest gaps on the surface of the heatsink before set to the processor. If you're just using a razor blade, you're missing some of the old stuff. You'd want to also use a cleaning solution such as rubbing alcohol and a cloth that wont leave fibers behind to truely remove the old compound.

Also, if the "friend" that OC's his machine for him is relying soley on there being an upgraded compound, he needs to find new friends. Anybody who OCs a machine should be damn sure the thing will be stable and not overheat before leaving the configuration. Also, most bios come standard with preventative measures to frying your cpu such as a shutoff at a certain temperature. If the "friend" didn't set this to a reasonable temp before leaving the config, he again isn't much of a friend. And if he did OC my machine and it fucked up with stock shit (he knew it was on there in the first place) he'd be buying me some new shit or I'd be taking that money out of his ass.

Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:58 pm

Kifle wrote:

775(t) pentium4 3.0HT

If he isn't going to be playing graphical games, why get the card? And I'm sure he'd be very pleased with corsair value ram. He doesn't need those timings for zmud and work apps (unless he does graphical work, encoding, etc...) Dual layer dvd will not be used as well, I think -- although I'm not him so I don't know. It'd pretty tough to fill a DVD sometimes, so a single layer would probably suit his needs.

we are trying to do more than suit his needs. A computer is a big purchase. The goal is to make it to where it suits his possible needs. I know he isnt doing any graphical gaming right now, but he very possibly will want to. Why not build it in now? Also the timed ram is essential, value ram blows. I dont like seeing people pay 1000$ for a pc and be left with junk that they have to upgrade to do anything. Use good parts, or go home :-)

Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:00 pm

Kifle wrote: he'd be buying me some new shit or I'd be taking that money out of his ass.

giggedy giggedy allllll right

heh, I wouldn't overclock any system but my own. I overclock mine, because I am there to monitor its health. If you want an overclocked system, learn how to do it yourself.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:03 pm

Ruxur wrote:
Kifle wrote:

775(t) pentium4 3.0HT

we are trying to do more than suit his needs. A computer is a big purchase. The goal is to make it to where it suits his possible needs. I know he isnt doing any graphical gaming right now, but he very possibly will want to. Why not build it in now? Also the timed ram is essential, value ram blows. I dont like seeing people pay 1000$ for a pc and be left with junk that they have to upgrade to do anything. Use good parts, or go home :-)

Lol, CVR isn't that bad of ram. And that type of OCZ is really overkill if he isn't going to be overclocking. Also, if you get the card for possible gaming in the future and are scared about upgrading and wasting money, that 6600 is a waste of money. Just get a MB with integrated graphics and a vacant pci-e slot. Video cards get replaced quicker and more often than any part in a PC for those who game. No reason to put something in he'd either never use or have to replace quickly. And 1gig of ram is becoming the minimum for games these days. If you want to "if he wants to" proof his machine, get 2gig.

Hali
Sojourner

Postby Hali » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:05 pm

What do you guys think of the new 30in from Dell?

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/product ... l=en&s=bsd

It is 2199.00
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:06 pm

Ruxur wrote:
Kifle wrote: he'd be buying me some new shit or I'd be taking that money out of his ass.

heh, I wouldn't overclock any system but my own. I overclock mine, because I am there to monitor its health. If you want an overclocked system, learn how to do it yourself.

Words to live by.

Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:07 pm

2 gb of A-DATA pc3200 DC 3-3-5-8 RAM run the same as 1 gb of the OCZ, i have considered that. But a graphics card is essential to the performance any computer, gaming or no.

Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:08 pm

Hali wrote:What do you guys think of the new 30in from Dell?

It is 2199.00

That thing is a beast.
Kallinar goes MOO
Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:11 pm

Hali wrote:What do you guys think of the new 30in from Dell?

It is 2199.00

Personally? I think it's unnecessary and a waste of money. Unless you really have bad eyes, get something smaller :) Also, you'll find a lot of compatability issues with widescreen -- mostly ending in wasted time and headaches.

Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:12 pm

i dont know who dell is OEM'ing that from, but hats off to whoever it is, its a nice product. I wish i could afford it. *restrains credit card*

rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:23 am

Dell basically took the 30" Apple monitor, ripped it off and made it fugly. Oh, and they're lying about the 400 nit brightness too.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:38 am

Ruxur is now building my computer. . .well either that or pocketing the cash we just sent him through pay pal :p

All you fools better watch out when my rescue trigger starts firing next week!

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:11 am

Vigis wrote:Ruxur is now building my computer. . .well either that or pocketing the cash we just sent him through pay pal :p

All you fools better watch out when my rescue trigger starts firing next week!

Push for the cheaper 2gig of ram vs that ocz man :) you'll need storage not speed :)

ps

love you rux ;)

Slavan
Sojourner

Postby Slavan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:42 pm

Its all about the looks and the status!

Buy it
Azuth OOC: 'and a pic of Slavan's clutch: priceless'
Malar OOC: '<worn on head> Slavan's black lacy thong, with a huge racing stripe in it'
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:23 pm

heres the config on Gary's computer

Intel Pentium 4 530J Prescott 800MHz FSB LGA 775 BTX version Processor Model BX80547PG3000ET - Retail

JATON 3DForce FX5700LE-256 Geforce FX5700LE 256MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail (cant believe i let you whores convince me to chince on the graphics card. Feh.)

A-DATA Vitesta 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM System Memory - Retail 3-4-4-8 DDR 400 (PC 3200)

120 gb western digital harddrive 7200 rpm 8mb buffer

17" lcd, cant remember brand, but its an 8 mb response time

using the ASUS vintage case

ASUS P5ND2-SLI Socket T (LGA 775) Nvidia nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Any DL dvd burner i can find at a good price

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:04 pm

Ruxur wrote:heres the config on Gary's computer

Intel Pentium 4 530J Prescott 800MHz FSB LGA 775 BTX version Processor Model BX80547PG3000ET - Retail

JATON 3DForce FX5700LE-256 Geforce FX5700LE 256MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail (cant believe i let you whores convince me to chince on the graphics card. Feh.)

A-DATA Vitesta 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM System Memory - Retail 3-4-4-8 DDR 400 (PC 3200)

120 gb western digital harddrive 7200 rpm 8mb buffer

17" lcd, cant remember brand, but its an 8 mb response time

using the ASUS vintage case

ASUS P5ND2-SLI Socket T (LGA 775) Nvidia nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Any DL dvd burner i can find at a good price

Why did you choose the prescott core?

rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:50 am

It doubles as a space heater that way :P
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:41 am

rylan wrote:It doubles as a space heater that way :P

Or a grill :)

Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:34 am

Quit hackin' on my computer! It killed a man once. . .just for hackin' on it.

*nod me*

Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:18 am

Kifle wrote:Why did you choose the prescott core?

because i already have it. and gary got a really good deal on it.

Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:20 pm

I just showed the config to one of the computer guys here at work. He is jealous now :)

Said something about the backend being faster than his processor. . .or something like that.

Soooo cannot wait to play with it. Hurry up Chris! j/k

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:49 pm

Vigis wrote:I just showed the config to one of the computer guys here at work. He is jealous now :)

Said something about the backend being faster than his processor. . .or something like that.

Lol grats man :) You're getting a good system.

I wonder what your co-worker would do if he saw the specs on my two desktops :)

Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:58 pm

Kifle wrote:
Vigis wrote:I just showed the config to one of the computer guys here at work. He is jealous now :)

I have a pretty good idea. . .just hope he would go somewhere private and not at my desk. :p

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:02 pm

Vigis wrote:
Kifle wrote:

I have a pretty good idea. . .just hope he would go somewhere private and not at my desk. :p

Lol. So what type of business work are you going to be doing on this rig?

Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:09 pm

Mostly office applications. Spreadsheets, databases etc. I do like to play around with graphic design a little bit since my previous job was in advertising and I don't get to do it anymore.

GF will probably load SPSS onto it and do multi-variant statitstics and all the other stuff that I don't understand and give the universal grunt and nod when she starts explaining :)

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:40 pm

Vigis wrote:Mostly office applications. Spreadsheets, databases etc. I do like to play around with graphic design a little bit since my previous job was in advertising and I don't get to do it anymore.

GF will probably load SPSS onto it and do multi-variant statitstics and all the other stuff that I don't understand and give the universal grunt and nod when she starts explaining :)

Lol, isn't it usually the man talking about the math and the woman smiling and noding? Who wears the pants in your house? :)

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:06 pm

yea what ruxur said.

+ powersupply is a critical feature, don't skimp on your PS or you'll be wondering why your system is unstable, components are wearing out or having to replace it when you get the 3rd cd burner and the 6th hard drive in it.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:24 pm

Kifle wrote:
Vigis wrote:Mostly office applications. Spreadsheets, databases etc. I do like to play around with graphic design a little bit since my previous job was in advertising and I don't get to do it anymore.

Lol, isn't it usually the man talking about the math and the woman smiling and noding? Who wears the pants in your house? :)

Well, obviously she does! But she is hot, so I let it slide :p

Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:14 pm

guess who forgot to order an lga775 cooling fan?

*raise*

sorry, i ordered one today (overnight shipping)

Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:00 am

OMFG!

This thing flies! Now to get Zmud loaded up.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”