TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Duna
Sojourner

TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Postby Duna » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:12 pm

These are all the things I need to know. Please contact me with the following information along with any questions you may have.

Real Name
Mud Name
Phone Number (Cell Phone if you have one)
How you plan on getting here and whether you need picked up or not
Where you plan to stay, if not at the site of the gathering..

Slogan:
TorilMUD - A Text Adventure Your Friends Will Never Understand

Just so everyone knows, Friday, August 4, 2006 will be the official meet and greet. Duna and I will provide food and drinks (no alcohol provided. BYOB), you guys can mingle, go cool off in the pool, etc. Saturday August 5, 2006, we'll be giving some time to the people who drink and leaving about noon to head to Paige's Crossing. We'll be there until about 5 or 6pm and then get together and head to a buffet-style restaurant in the area for supper. If you guys think you don't want to spend that much cash, you can say so and if enough people complain, maybe we can grill or something. Between our camper, Derek's parents' house, Duna's house, and the other local Indiana mudders, everyone will have a place to sleep and unless a hotel room is absolutely positively necessary, I would suggest against it, it's a lot of money to spend for the little time you will be spending in it.

Spoke to an employee at Paige's Crossing today and here is the info. She let me know that prices are subject to change in the later summer months, but it won't be drastic.

Paige's Crossing Family Entertainment and Golf Center

Package A - $6 per person
1 round of minigolf
16 tokens (can be used for arcade and batting cages)

Package B (Birthday Package) - $7 per person
1 round of minigolf
1 hot dog or 1 slice of pizza

Package C (Best Value Pass) - $9.75 per person
1 round of minigolf
1 coupon that can be used for another round of minigolf or at the driving range

The rock wall is $3.75 for each time you go on it. The driving range uses different tokens than the arcade and batting cages and must be purchased separately, though if you signed up for any of the packages, it will cost $2 for each rock wall and driving range purchase, instead of $3.75.

I also found out that for groups with 20+ people and if the packages have been purchased, you have use of their pavilion for free, but if not, it will cost 50 dollars, which isn't that bad anyway with so many people being there.

Ok, there's the info, if you have any other questions about specific things, let Duna know and she'll relay it to me and I will find out how to best answer. Enjoy folks.

Preliminary List of Attendees

Dranix (definite)
Jenera (definite)
Ashiwi (definite)
Okep (definite)
Osheara (definite)
Branthur (definite)
Yayaril (definite)
Sotana (definite)
Shalruk (definite)
Ephrael (definite)
Strond (big maybe)
Delmair (big maybe)
Nekler (definite)
Sipes (definite)
Goroz (definite)
Larim (definite)
Kifle (definite)
Duna (definite)
Jalahon (definite)
Teflor (definite)
Shar (definite)
Shevarash (big maybe)
Lazus (definite)
Talsor (definite)
Birile (definite)
Mirlantharn (big maybe)
Cofen (definite)
Rer (definite)
Salen (big maybe)
Larble (big maybe)
Muma (definite)
Touk (definite)
Thanuk (big maybe)
Boboloppe (maybe)
Bibad (maybe)
Aluvon (maybe)
Brandobaris (maybe)
Moltok (maybe)
Maxler (definite)
Maladryn (maybe)
Crumar (maybe)
Jali (definite)
Jansha (definite)
Rylan (maybe)
= 29 definites and 17 maybes

If I forgot anyone, let me know!

Revised Final Menu for August 4th

Burgers
Hot Dogs
Vegetable Tray
Chips and Dip
Buffalo Wings
Finger Sandwiches (Ham and Turkey)
Crab Rangoon
Deviled Eggs

Pies
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Typical summer bbq. If you want to bring some other stuff to either cook there or pre-made, you are quite welcome to. Jalahon will be bartending, but it will be Bring Your Own Booze. Most of you know I don't like providing alcohol (though it didn't stop anyone from getting toasted last time). Drool until August. Enj0y!

Looks like you'll only have a choice between two hotels. The other three hotels are booked solid for that weekend.

Days Inn Warsaw
2575 E. Center St.
Warsaw, IN
574)267-3344
www.daysinn.com
59.95 + tax a night
rooms are basic and can request either one king bed or 2 queen beds
continental breakfast

Super 8 Warsaw
3014 Frontage Rd.
Warsaw, IN
574)268-2888
www.super8.com
68.99 + tax a night
rooms are basic and can request either one king bed or 2 queen beds
most of the rooms available are non-smoking
continental breakfast
indoor pool
HBO
high-speed wireless internet available

Once again, only get a hotel room if you absolutely need one. It's expensive and you will be spending very little time there. The weather will be hot so come prepared, bring bathing suits if you want to cool off in the pool. We will make sure everyone has a place to stay. Make sure to bring extra spending money for eating out, Paige's Crossing, and booze if you intend to drink. And just like last time, donations will be highly appreciated to help with costs for gas, food, etc.

For those of you needing the address of the location of the gathering, our phone number, and other pertinent info, I will be providing that to Duna to give out to those that need it. At this point in time, our only available computer is Derek's parents' and it's ancient and has a dialup connection, it literally takes hours for me to post anything or to send messages. If you need info that is not provided here or Duna doesn't know, just tell her and she will relay it to me. For those of you who already have our number from last year, if you need to know something, you can always call us, would be much appreciated.

Now... For those of you not from Indiana.. August in Indiana means 90 degree temps.. so.. if you burn easily, bring sunblock.. you aren't going to want to wear black or jeans.. SHORTS!!!! and light colored t-shirts for friday and saturday... Yes, wife beaters are fine.. it WILL be hot... swimsuits for the pool.. and you might want one pair of jeans, just incase for some unknown reason it actually gets cool... not that i've ever seen a cool august in the past 20 years, but who knows..

My contact info...
e-mail : yarthra@gmail.com
AIM : myzenna
Yahoo : yarthra
MSN : yarthra@yahoo.com (alternate e-mail as well)

I need finalized itineraries hopefully by July 1, 2006... if I don't have them by then.. then you can deal with the mad asian woman yerself :P

ALSO.... for those who can't make it this year but wanted to come.. next year's gathering will be around the same time frame.. end of july / early august.. so you can start planning for travel costs now..
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”