EQ Progression

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Dalar
Sojourner

EQ Progression

Postby Dalar » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:53 pm

Anyone playing on here?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:40 pm

Nope, gone back to EQ2 myself though. Way different from when it was released.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:53 pm

Damn crafting changes. *mutter*
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:46 am

Tanji Smanji wrote:Nope, gone back to EQ2 myself though. Way different from when it was released.

Unfortunately it's still bland, lifeless, and boring.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:50 pm

8)

I play EQ on the Prxus/Terris Thule server.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:45 pm

Kifle wrote:
Tanji Smanji wrote:Nope, gone back to EQ2 myself though. Way different from when it was released.

Dunno, can't get back into WOW to save my life. Past few days in EQ2 though have been awesome. Been a long time since I forgot to sleep/eat while playing. Although some friends are starting to talk about goin backto normal EQ and playing again, so may do that. Will hafta see.

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:11 am

At lvl 7 I remember why I quit EQ. Too much time commitment.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:04 am

Tanji Smanji wrote:
Kifle wrote:

Dunno, can't get back into WOW to save my life. Past few days in EQ2 though have been awesome. Been a long time since I forgot to sleep/eat while playing. Although some friends are starting to talk about goin backto normal EQ and playing again, so may do that. Will hafta see.

I went back to check out the pvp servers, but I couldn't bring myself to level another character -- too much grinding. I went back to WoW :(

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:03 am

Kifle wrote:
Tanji Smanji wrote:
Kifle wrote:

I went back to check out the pvp servers, but I couldn't bring myself to level another character -- too much grinding. I went back to WoW :(

Pussy.

Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:14 am

All gone.

They went and screwd up the game with the tradeskill changes, so (insert flush sound here), Buh bye EQ2.

Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:35 am

Lilira wrote:All gone.

They went and screwd up the game with the tradeskill changes, so (insert flush sound here), Buh bye EQ2.

You mean they made it to where you don't want to shove a rusty spoon in your eye when you craft things anymore?

Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:47 am

:-( They made it worse.

I didn't think it was possible.. but they did.

You used to be able to get pristine items on a fairly regular basis... now its like 1 in 50 with a fuel component consumption of like 10 an attempt. When paying 15g for a stack of 100... and failing most of them, that's bad. That and the stats suck now.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:53 am

Meanwhile, Blizzard added another 40-man raid instance which is essentially similar to all of the other 40-man raid instances, except the numbers on the equipment are higher. So, I'm on the hook for another 6 months at least. That should carry me right through to the expansion, where they'll release another identical race and some other redundant tradeskill, and I'll be a good little sheep and level up a Blood Elf Jewelcrafter.

I'm so addicted =/
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:07 pm

Man Naxxrammus is tough :(

Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:06 pm

V:SOH. 'Nuff said.

I play at EQ2, Lucan D'lere server. I'll be bailing soon though, they really nerfed it.

Yup, still playing a shaman btw =)
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:35 am

Dalar wrote:Man Naxxrammus is tough :(

Still stuck in AQ40 =/
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:42 pm

Ragorn wrote:
Dalar wrote:Man Naxxrammus is tough :(

Still stuck in AQ40 =/

I sold my BWL account and rerolled on a new server with a different account :( I have yet to see AQ or Naxx. The expansion looks pretty cool and I honestly can't wait to see the new skills they'll toss in for lvl 70's. Also, it will be weird to see how small raids can be to get through MC and other 40man lvl 60 instances -- or whether some people can solo-farm regular 5man instances for nice shards :) It may just break the economy for enchants.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:18 pm

Kifle wrote:I sold my BWL account and rerolled on a new server with a different account :( I have yet to see AQ or Naxx. The expansion looks pretty cool and I honestly can't wait to see the new skills they'll toss in for lvl 70's. Also, it will be weird to see how small raids can be to get through MC and other 40man lvl 60 instances -- or whether some people can solo-farm regular 5man instances for nice shards :) It may just break the economy for enchants.

I really like AQ20, it's a quick zone with a good drop rate for decent epics. The fights are starting to get more innovative as well, a departure from the MC/BWL "tank and spank" style fights. Ossirian runs you all over the map, and Moam actually makes use of Drain Mana and Mana Burn. AQ40 is interesting, but we're only about halfway through it. Haven't seen Naxx yet.

I know MC has been done on Tich by a 20-man crew. And every time a patch comes out, Blizzard picks a random, semi-rare item to elevate to "mandatory" status for crafting. With 1.11, it's Living Essence... something you probably vendored before which is now used in a dozen different Nature Resist enchants. Shards aren't really even the backbone of the enchanting economy anymore, it's all the silly essences and rare materials (bloodvine, dreamscale, etc) you need to farm.
- Ragorn
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:36 pm

Ragorn wrote:
Kifle wrote:I sold my BWL account and rerolled on a new server with a different account :( I have yet to see AQ or Naxx. The expansion looks pretty cool and I honestly can't wait to see the new skills they'll toss in for lvl 70's. Also, it will be weird to see how small raids can be to get through MC and other 40man lvl 60 instances -- or whether some people can solo-farm regular 5man instances for nice shards :) It may just break the economy for enchants.

I really like AQ20, it's a quick zone with a good drop rate for decent epics. The fights are starting to get more innovative as well, a departure from the MC/BWL "tank and spank" style fights. Ossirian runs you all over the map, and Moam actually makes use of Drain Mana and Mana Burn. AQ40 is interesting, but we're only about halfway through it. Haven't seen Naxx yet.

I know MC has been done on Tich by a 20-man crew. And every time a patch comes out, Blizzard picks a random, semi-rare item to elevate to "mandatory" status for crafting. With 1.11, it's Living Essence... something you probably vendored before which is now used in a dozen different Nature Resist enchants. Shards aren't really even the backbone of the enchanting economy anymore, it's all the silly essences and rare materials (bloodvine, dreamscale, etc) you need to farm.

Lol you're still on Tich? Yeah, I remember having to farm for essences. That shit is annoying as hell, but shards are still a very decent way to aquire some fast cash. It'll be funny when AQ/Nax guilds are doing MC with 10man's and farming for nexus shards :)

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:11 pm

I never really saw the point of server hopping. I hopped from Sargeras to Tich to play with Sojourn people, and then they all hopped off Tich to a different server. Fuck 'em :P
- Ragorn
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:19 pm

Ragorn wrote:I never really saw the point of server hopping. I hopped from Sargeras to Tich to play with Sojourn people, and then they all hopped off Tich to a different server. Fuck 'em :P

Yeah, that's why I left Tich. The guild took a shit and a few people left, so I just started on a new server, got bored, sold my account, bought a new one and started on a new server.

Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:54 pm

Kifle wrote:
Ragorn wrote:I never really saw the point of server hopping. I hopped from Sargeras to Tich to play with Sojourn people, and then they all hopped off Tich to a different server. Fuck 'em :P

Yeah, that's why I left Tich. The guild took a shit and a few people left, so I just started on a new server, got bored, sold my account, bought a new one and started on a new server.

Kifle's priest used to send me wierd tells for a few months, was funny.

Friends convinced me to try the EQ progression, not too bad so far. Struggling to save 2 gold for my lvl 4 spells, roar.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:11 pm

Tanji Smanji wrote:
Kifle wrote:

Kifle's priest used to send me wierd tells for a few months, was funny.

Friends convinced me to try the EQ progression, not too bad so far. Struggling to save 2 gold for my lvl 4 spells, roar.

I actually logged onto that account the other day (using secret question/change password) just to see if it was a chinaman who uses my account. It was hillarious. I logged on and he was in a guild and all these members started freaking out when I started speaking in spanish. Then the "owner" of the account logged into another one and started bitching at me. Guy had almost 1k gold, a few new items and it looked like he was in charge of the guild bank :) I wish I was mean.

Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:39 pm

Ragorn wrote:Meanwhile, Blizzard added another 40-man raid instance which is essentially similar to all of the other 40-man raid instances, except the numbers on the equipment are higher. So, I'm on the hook for another 6 months at least. That should carry me right through to the expansion, where they'll release another identical race and some other redundant tradeskill, and I'll be a good little sheep and level up a Blood Elf Jewelcrafter.

hahahahaha lol!
When poverty comes knocking on your door, love escapes through the window.

-German Proverb-

Return to “General Discussion Archive”