Superman question (SPOILER DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN)

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Dalar
Sojourner

Superman question (SPOILER DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN)

Postby Dalar » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:39 am

How can Richard even think that was his son? Unless Lois was sleeping with him hella early in the relationship or sleeping with both of them at the same time. OH SNAP.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ambar
Sojourner

Re: Superman question (SPOILER DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN)

Postby Ambar » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:46 am

Dalar wrote:How can Richard even think that was his son? Unless Lois was sleeping with him hella early in the relationship or sleeping with both of them at the same time. OH SNAP.

Cause Lois was the woman of his dreams and often men (and women) believe what they want as long as they get the woman.

And did you liek ti? I loved it, enough old style to make me happy enough new to remember he is NOT Christopher Reeves. Good job imho
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:32 pm

It might also be an agreement that they made early on, and they've been saying the words so long that they truly believe them.

For all we know, kryptonian gestation is longer somehow too.

I truly loved it; it was so very much a story first. Good, thought out plot and with enough homage paid to Superman 1 and 2 that you have to smile about the respect given.

I find it's really hard to point at any single element and say 'yeah I liked that'; the movie is too complete. Sure there's a couple of small logic holes (Lois is the toughest person this side of Superman, she gets mauled and never bruises!) but all in all, just a very enjoyable movie.
Eilistraee
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:35 pm

The movie was just okay to me. Never really got excited throughout the movie. I kept looking at my watch, and wondering when it was over. Never a good sign. So, i'm thinking they should have cut it down a little. Adding a villian w/ superpower might help. Clark wasn't very cativating, he wasn't even interesting. And how the heck can people not put 2+2 together? Clark goes away for 5 years, superman is away for 5 years. Unfricken believable.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:17 am

How tall do you think Superman is? Oh about 6'4. How tall is Clark? Oh about 6'3. NAW CAN'T BE HIM.

Basically I thought alot of the jokes were cheesy and the story wasn't that great. I expected a big fight at the end of the movie with Lex using the supposed technology he'd get from using the crystals... but all he did was get lost like a chump. Also, it was completely obvious who the kid was.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:06 am

I enjoyed it. The movie had a lot of nostalgia value... the style of the credits, the original theme song, the design of the Superman costume, all of it. It's so easy for a director to add all those little touches that make the audience remember why they loved the character so much. And yet, more often than not, we get shit like the Batman movies where they decide to completely reinvent the series (badly) with every new sequel. I'm glad Singer was involved, it's like he remembers why people see comic book movies, and tries hard to give people the things they want to see.

But no, it wasn't perfect. There weren't enough action sequences, we didn't really get enough of a look at how badass Superman is. I mean, the action scenes we did see were pretty excellent... deflecting chain gun shots and lifting an entire continent into space, that's pretty hard core. But I'm with Dalar, I was disappointed that there wasn't really a climatic battle sequence. A little too much focus on Superman's relationship with Lois Lane, not quite enough punching bad guys. Movies like Spider-man, X-Men, and Superman can spend some time working with the characters, but I'm not happy unless I see criminals get beat up.

And all this shit I keep hearing about Superman being gay... pshhhh.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:35 pm

Bah, I thought the movie was so-so or, "okay" From 1 - 10, I'd give it a 4.

I expected more action-pack and less dialog, I think there was just too much dialog that I was hoping the movie would finish soon.

I like the fact that they did find someone (is it Brandon Routh?) who looked ALMOST similar to Christopher Reeves, but, I dont think he filled in the suit completely, so to speak. I didn't see full potential on his part to play the character well.

Christopher Reeves just played the best Superman IMHO. There is just no comparison what-so-ever.

Oh, and as for Superman's son, ....c'mon! is that the best he could do was push the piano onto Lex's lackey!? They should have been more creative with the little boy's character. It just had no..."ooomphf!" ya know?! Gosh! BOOOOORING!

Ahhhh but Kevin Spacey on the other hand, was the right choice to play Lex character and he did it very well! So that wasn't a complete chwink of a movie!

Oh, and there was no simularities in the new Lois Lane to the old one either. Zip. Zilch. Zero. The Lois characters between the new actress and the old just seem so completely different in everything, the looks, the personalities, etc.

I dont expect new actors to act or look like the old ones to a T, but they could have put more effort or potential into their roles. They just seemed too dry and dull for those roles.

Bah, nothing ever really beats the classics! Those actors were a natural for the parts. :)
When poverty comes knocking on your door, love escapes through the window.

-German Proverb-
Nokar
Sojourner

Postby Nokar » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:57 am

I have a superman question...
In the first movie it shows this guy emptying a gun into superman.Superman stands there and lets the bullets bounce off of him. Then the guy throws the gun at superman... so whats superman do? he ducks!!! WHY?

*shrug* Just figured I'd add something.
Rhoquinn group says 'Nok no wandering!'
You group say 'Is there any aggro's here?'
You flee westward!
You group say 'ummm guys?'
Rhoquinn group says 'Dammit Nok'
Welcome to toril
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:19 pm

Gag! do they really have to stick a love triangle into every movie today?
i bet its to get the women to watch.

Ruined it for me when they put him in a such a tawdry, trashy soap opera.
They turned the ultimate Good guy into the the Alpha male father of an illegitimate little boy who's mother (What a conniving Beotch) may have misled the simpering Beta male into believing was his own child and hafta raise him. Sucker.
Who do you root for in this movie?. i dig kittie, parker posey's a crackhead but she's a cutie.

GAG.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”