Video games

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Video games

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:01 pm

I originally was gonna call this computer games, but really, it's almost the same thing in this case and console games also.

Is it just me, or do video games BLOW recently? We used to have 2-3 games that we could always count on to come out yearly that were very good and would entertain us and addict us or whatnot. I find myself still playing games that came out in the late 90s/early century. Most of the stuff to come out in the past 3-4 years is utter trash, or at least I think so.

Thilindel's post about DND games kinda set me off thinking. Man I love playing fantasy video games, but where the hell have they been? Anything to come out recently has been caca. Neverwinter Nights is an exception, thank god. The Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale series were good. Dungeon Siege was fantastic. Hell I'd take a Diable clone now.

1st person shooters were always the safe bet, as most of them were fun. But lately, what? There's the Half-Life series and.... hmm can't think of anything else. Unreal 2004 was cool. Call of Duty was good.

Windwaker for the consoles was fantastic, one of the best, but then again, it's an old series that is always great. I know sports games are always fine, regardless of the platform, but I'm not really talking about sports games.

It just seems to me like there are less and less people making games now, compared to the "Golden Age" of the 80s-90s. No good space games. No good strategy games since Master of Orion 2 (3 was prolly the worst game ever made) & Starcraft / Age of Empires 2 (3 is okay, nothing fancy). No good "fun" games like Star Control, The Incredible Machine, etc. Seems like if we want to play a "fun" game, we gotta find some online Flash game.

So yeah, I wrote this book of an email over a subject that seems kinda dumb. But I just think it shows some general trend that started a few years back. I don't think it's that I'm getting older, since I hear my students talking about basically the same thing amongst themselves. Many have found much enjoyment buying old consoles on Ebay and playing those games, or downloading ROMS of old or old-ish IBM games.

Think it makes for interesting pondering and kinda sad at the same time.

Or maybe I'm just a huge nerd.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:37 pm

You're just not trying hard enough. And really, not much effort is needed.

Or maybe your tastes are just screwy since you liked Windwaker. ;)

If you liked Dungeon Siege you should probably know that Dungeon Siege 2 is out, and pretty fun... in fact, much improved from the first from what I understand.

As for console RPGs, Final Fantasy X kicked ass, and X-2 was fun if you could accept it for what it was (pure, unadulterated fan service) and you've got things like Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter which actually bring some new ideas to the genre. In actionRPGs you've got Jade Empire, Oblivion, Morrowind and tons of others I haven't tried yet.

You mentioned Zelda, so I assume you have a cube... go try Eternal Darkness. It's technically a survival horror, but without many of the weaknesses in the genre... and while it isn't as horrific as some other games, it's plot was quite interesitng and it had some unique/fun gameply ideas.

Speaking of unique, what about Katamari Damazy and it's sequel?

Action games? Try God of War out, one of the best games ever. Or Devil May Cry, which started off that type of game.

Frankly, I think we're in a second golden age of gaming, except that there's a lot of crap out there to sort through before you get the good stuff.

So anyone else looking forward to the Wii?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:38 pm

I still play Zelda...
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:43 pm

Sarvis wrote:You're just not trying hard enough. And really, not much effort is needed.

Or maybe your tastes are just screwy since you liked Windwaker. ;)

If you liked Dungeon Siege you should probably know that Dungeon Siege 2 is out, and pretty fun... in fact, much improved from the first from what I understand.

As for console RPGs, Final Fantasy X kicked ass, and X-2 was fun if you could accept it for what it was (pure, unadulterated fan service) and you've got things like Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter which actually bring some new ideas to the genre. In actionRPGs you've got Jade Empire, Oblivion, Morrowind and tons of others I haven't tried yet.

You mentioned Zelda, so I assume you have a cube... go try Eternal Darkness. It's technically a survival horror, but without many of the weaknesses in the genre... and while it isn't as horrific as some other games, it's plot was quite interesitng and it had some unique/fun gameply ideas.

Speaking of unique, what about Katamari Damazy and it's sequel?

Action games? Try God of War out, one of the best games ever. Or Devil May Cry, which started off that type of game.

Frankly, I think we're in a second golden age of gaming, except that there's a lot of crap out there to sort through before you get the good stuff.

So anyone else looking forward to the Wii?

Exactly. Also, have you checked out "prey" yet? The premise is kinda original and the level design is completely original and very entertaining. Probably the best FPS I've played in a long time. There are many other fun games out there if you look.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:04 am

I just picked up Shadow of the Colossus as a PS2 Greatest Hits, and I've been pretty amazed by the size of the land and the tactics required to beat the colossi. It's a really simple, but beautifully done game. Well worth the 20 bucks if you wanna check it out.

Personally, I'm biding my time for 11/17 for the release of the PS3. I've got an extra HDMI outlet on my 62" DLP just itching to be used. :D
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:33 am

If you have a 360, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is surprisingly awesome. I've never been a fan of the series until I started playing my friend's copy when we deployed.

As far as things I still buy, I usually enjoy my GameCube games more than any other newer platform. The Metroid series is still good, and I'm hoping that the new Zelda game will be better than Windwaker (I thought it was alright, but I didn't like the animation style or the little wussy Link).

PSP has disappointed me for the most part, though I did like the PSP-only Need For Speed: Underground Rivals, and the new Tekken: Dark Resurrection. I'm still waiting for a good RPG or fantasy/adventure game on this thing.

I didn't enjoy FFX that much, and X-2 was a pile of crap. Right now I'm replaying Chrono Cross, and might give Dragonquest 8 another shot (though I really don't like cell shading).
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:00 am

I'm getting a Wii. Oh yes, I am.

Games? Play old ones. Pick up Vagrant Story for the ps1 if you can find it. That and Xenogears.

Zelda? Windwaker was one of the most solid games they've released. I care less what people think of the art style, but sheer gameplay, and design it was absolutely one of the best games.

Play Prime 1/2? (Metroid).

Tons of good games, just find them :P Okami looks to be pretty good(Released tomorrow). Oblivion got old after awhile IMHO.

FFXII oct 31st! woo.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:52 am

Gormal wrote:Right now I'm replaying Chrono Cross, and might give Dragonquest 8 another shot (though I really don't like cell shading).

Ugh... Chrono Cross was crap.

Dragon Quest 8 kicks all kinds of ass though, despite the cell shading. If you liked the older Dragon quest games, you should like this... it's the same gameplay with some minor improvements and a stronger, more interesting storyline.

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:Zelda? Windwaker was one of the most solid games they've released. I care less what people think of the art style, but sheer gameplay, and design it was absolutely one of the best games.

Considering they replaced at least 3 good dungeons with a boring scavenger hunt, I'm gonna have to disagree. The game had it's moments, but it had even more problems.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:01 am

I'll agree with your DQ8 statement. I beat the absolute shit out of that game, ask Ambar. She had to watch me play it for weeks doing shit.

As far as Zelda. I personally loved it. I've always loved the series, and I thought it was a good addition. It was fun, though the stealth part in the begninning annoyed me to no end. Having to get your sword and shit back.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:31 am

I failed to mention that my SNES gets more play than any of my other systems.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:54 am

Gormal wrote:I failed to mention that my SNES gets more play than any of my other systems.

Chrono Trigger FTW.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:56 am

I was always a hardcore Zelda fan, until Ocarina of Time. That game just made me tired. Windwaker... well... I got really sick of sailing, and it overrode the other aspects of the game to the point where I just got tired of it, too.

Eternal Darkness... that's the first game that's creeped me out since the very first Resident Evil. It's not the most amazing game you'll ever play, but it's definitely different, and worth a go.

I need to get a better system that will let me try out the better non-linear games out there. It always annoys me when you're practically led by the hand through a game that's supposed to be difficult to figure out.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:05 pm

Chrono Trigger ROCKS

Think its time to fire up my SNES emulator and play that again.
Nothing like a nice emulator that makes the game look better on a PC than the console!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:54 pm

I finished Final Fantasy 1 with one Red Mage.
I reached Ganon in Zelda 1 without getting the sword (any).

Emulators on, go!
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:14 pm

I guess I'm just nostalgic, but I won't play the emulator unless I have to. I love firing up my old consoles and reminiscing. Its pretty cheap to buy a good condition SNES on eBay and a few good games, I reccomend it because there's nothing like getting a few beers with the buddies and duking it out with Mario Kart or Street Fighter 2 Turbo, or of course the best PvP game of all time: Tetris Attack (This one especially doesn't translate well to emulator).

RE: Zelda - I disliked the sailing in Windwaker too, Kelly.

RE: Chrono Trigger - Glenn rules, ribbit.
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:46 pm

Damn all the way to Gannon using only bombs and arrows? My hat's off to you, man. (That must have been a sick amount of coinage... I don't remember tho, do the labryinths respawn entirely if you leave?)
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:35 pm

Decent editorial on the Wii. Brings up some fairly good points.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:31 pm

FF VII: Dirge of Cerebrus comes out tomorrow! Someone on board got an early copy in Singapore... Mine won't be here for weeks damnit!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:02 pm

daggaz wrote:Damn all the way to Gannon using only bombs and arrows? My hat's off to you, man. (That must have been a sick amount of coinage... I don't remember tho, do the labryinths respawn entirely if you leave?)

Tip #1: Get the wand FIRST.
Tip #2: Let's play money making game.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:00 pm

I like Final Fantasy 2 (US, I think it was 4 or 5 in japan). I've played it through many, many times. I just like Rydia and Edge. They make such a cute couple!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:30 pm

FF2US is FF4J.

Yes, good game... but not as good as FF3/6j!

Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:14 pm

See, I just didn't like FF3/6 that much. :/

FF5 (j) is actually really good if you get the translated ROM.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:22 pm

Gormal wrote:FF VII: Dirge of Cerebrus comes out tomorrow! Someone on board got an early copy in Singapore... Mine won't be here for weeks damnit!

The game pretty much sucks. Don't really bother. :P
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

wait

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:41 pm

Yeah I'll agree that the sailing in Windwaker was a little repetitive, but I agree with Arilin...the GAME itself was stellar, a true accomplishment. If you don't like little cartoonies, oh well...Zelda was one before, much worse too.. :)

I have Dungeon Siege 2 btw, KINDA prefer 1 believe it or not, but yeah, it's still a good game.

Btw, the Final Fantasy series of games are probably the worst games ever to come out on consoles or the PC. I'd rather play Asteroids for 3 hrs straight. I know many disagree with me, but oh well.

Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube is actually one that has me hooked now, just got into it this week and totally forgot to mention it. Fantastic game, I think someone mentioned it. I'll give that other horror gamecube game a try that someone mentioned. Gamecube also has the Monkeyball line which is a great "fun game" series.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Re: wait

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:29 am

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Btw, the Final Fantasy series of games are probably the worst games ever to come out on consoles or the PC. I'd rather play Asteroids for 3 hrs straight. I know many disagree with me, but oh well.

OMG... I thought I was the only one who felt that way! I'd rather dig my eyes out with rusty spoons than EVER sit through one more stupid FF combat sequence. I fell in hate with them early on, and it's never gone away. Those have got to be the most tedious, annoying, laaaaaaaame games ever put on the market. How in the world did they hook so many people?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:45 am

I fell in love with FF2 (IV) because of the storyline more than the gameplay. FF1 is pure nostalgia, and FF3-6 have their merits. I stopped playing Final Fantasy games with VII, when the series started looking like someone puked anime on the television.
- Ragorn
Sarvis
Sojourner

Re: wait

Postby Sarvis » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:07 am

Ashiwi wrote:OMG... I thought I was the only one who felt that way! I'd rather dig my eyes out with rusty spoons than EVER sit through one more stupid FF combat sequence.

Ithink from the last few posts we can surmise that people who choose nicks starting with 'A' have really crappy taste in video games. ;)

You may actually like the new one coming out, the combat is more MMORPG/MUD like... which is of course why I hate it.

If I want that style of combat, I'll come here.

Oghma
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Oghma » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:55 am

Possibly my favorite series of all time was Dragon Warrior. I don't remember which I had the opportunity to play on my NES, but I absolutely LOVED that game.

Kill a metal slime for 10k exp, deal!
Oghma The Lord of Knowledge, God of Bards
[ Administrator ] of TorilMUD
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:23 am

Ragorn wrote:I fell in love with FF2 (IV) because of the storyline more than the gameplay. FF1 is pure nostalgia, and FF3-6 have their merits. I stopped playing Final Fantasy games with VII, when the series started looking like someone puked anime on the television.

FF2 is hands down my favorite game of all time and I don't know why. It was the first RPG I ever played and I've pumped so many hundreds of hours into it that its pathetic. I'm not sure if I liked FF3 or FFT more, but both were great games with good stories. FF7 was great, and though I thought the gameplay on FF8 was pretty crappy, the story was good. 9 was a pile of crap, 10 was crap too, and X-2 was as bad as 9. /rant

I have always enjoyed the Breath of Fire series as well, and the Secret of Mana games. Secret of Mana itself is in my top 10 of all time.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:49 am

Gormal wrote:
Ragorn wrote:I fell in love with FF2 (IV) because of the storyline more than the gameplay. FF1 is pure nostalgia, and FF3-6 have their merits. I stopped playing Final Fantasy games with VII, when the series started looking like someone puked anime on the television.

FF2 is hands down my favorite game of all time and I don't know why. It was the first RPG I ever played and I've pumped so many hundreds of hours into it that its pathetic. I'm not sure if I liked FF3 or FFT more, but both were great games with good stories. FF7 was great, and though I thought the gameplay on FF8 was pretty crappy, the story was good. 9 was a pile of crap, 10 was crap too, and X-2 was as bad as 9. /rant

I have always enjoyed the Breath of Fire series as well, and the Secret of Mana games. Secret of Mana itself is in my top 10 of all time.

Breath of Fire 3 = Great game. Worst. Fucking. Ending. Ever.

Soooo hated that ending. So, to spite it, I played BoF 4, all the way to the end, and stopped at the last boss. To this day i've yet to beat the game out of the principal of being pissed off over BoF3 for however mean years it's been.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:05 am

Gormal wrote:FF2 is hands down my favorite game of all time and I don't know why. It was the first RPG I ever played and I've pumped so many hundreds of hours into it that its pathetic.

I've always rated 2 above 3. VII will always be my favorite. I'm a big wuss... Aeris's death actually makes me feel something :(.

Lichboy wrote:Chrono Trigger FTW

Mario Kart > all.

And I love MAME, just for the record. I spent over 20 dollars trying to beat Shinobi at hockey camp one year. Now I can play it for free *tear*
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:14 am

I hate the FF series. To each their own I guess.

Got tired of console games a few years back, can't really bear to play anything on them anymore, especially with how dated all the consoles (with the exception of the 360) look compared to a higher end computer.

I used to really enjoy console gaming, but the bloated and overpriced "media center" next gen Sony/MS platforms hold pretty much no appeal at all to me. I don't want a box to organize all my digital media and allow me to websurf - thats why I have a PC. And as for Nintendo, well, they've just disappointed too many times. That Game Informer article sums it up pretty well.

So as for PC games...

Civ4 was good, but I think I've logged enough hours playing one version of Civ or another to last me several elven lifetimes.

Battlefield 2 can be a fun diversion, but suffers from idiotic players and terrible support from EA (shocking!).

I try an RTS game every once in awhile - SW: Empires at War, and Battle for Middle Earth 2 recently - and there just ain't anything new going on in the point-and-click chaotic zergfest that this genre has become. I'm a bit mortified that the latest WWII "strategy" game - Company of Heroes - seems to follow those basic concepts, and has gotten rave reviews. Yay, capturing resource points with Tigers...

I think its clear that the gaming industry is starting to strongly mimic the movie industry. Higher production costs equals less titles with less risk taking, so we end up with the same tired sequels and rehashed games with updated graphics over and over again. There's still good stuff out there, but its harder to find. Its just not really worth the effort to me anymore to wade through the crap to find the gems.

So unless someone comes out with a new X-Com game that doesn't suck (hah), I'll be working on the game I want to play - an online RPG with 3.5-ish rules. Go figure.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:41 am

Wouldn't a text-based game be a tad off topic for a video game thread :P

I shudder to add up the hours I've played on this MUD over the years. My girlfriend was shocked just to see my post count on here and the playtime of a newer character.

I agree with Shev about the new consoles completely. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for a system with extra functionality that I will never ever use. I don't care if it plays DVD's, that's why I have my DVD changer and home entertainment system. I don't care if it can see 10 types of picture media, that's why I have my imaging software on my computer. And I sure as hell don't care that I can surf the web though my TV (Sorry Gene).
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Good

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:09 pm

I'm glad to see SOME agree with me on the FF series, thanks Ash/Shev. Dragon Warrior was EXCELLENT Gormal. Secret of Mana was okay back then, not sure if it feels good now. I have a blast playing all those ROMS nowadays, specially the NEOGEO ones and the good old RPGs.

I was given the Gamecube as a Christmas present one year, so that explains why I have one, seeing as I had NEVER in my life ever bought a console before, I'd just play the games at a friend's house or whatnot. But I always thought that for ever good game that came out for a console, 3 would come out for the PC, back in the glory years. But I've always agreed with Shev on this, PC > consoles.

Oh, and to this day, I can still get from the Inn to the first level of the Catacombs to the room with the 99 skeletons for maximum xpage in Bard's Tale 1. :o
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:56 pm

Let's see, other games I liked...

Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy Tactics
Ogre Tactics
Ogre Battle
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 7 (knights of the round + mimic * 5 = win)
Gauntlet
Terra Cresta (the mame video game where you collect 5 parts of your ship to form a phoenix...)
Raiden
ummm...
Breath of Fire 2 was good.
I admit I played Super Mario RPG
I've played a bunch of japanese 'date sim' games (and some hentai based ones)

Probably tons more.. I'll add as I remember them!
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:27 am

fps? Black ftw freaking gun porn

ps2's Demon Stone was pretty good for a hack'n'slash the graphics are awesome and its nice to cast meteor swarm :P RDA hahaha

i dont know about you but im a fighting game fan.. MK:Deception rules being that im mexican and everyone in this country is a fan of saint seiya the new game is pretty damn good.. great to have a couple of beers and beat the crap out of your friend with sho ryo ha display heh

survival horror: silent hill 2 if nothing else than for the story.. however resident evil 4 is a lot more action based if you cant stand the freaking stress of SH games

and for adventure games i'd go with god of war.. they're already making a sequel for it :P or hell if you liked metalslug they just released a 3d version that is pretty damn funny haha tough as nails but funny

i dont know what else you like but i am one to always go back to playing quake 3 arena when bored that game rules :P
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:56 pm

Malacar wrote:Let's see, other games I liked...

Try Master Summon=Quadra Magic on ever player

That's right, I've got at least 3 of every master materia on my big game. My chocobo is ridiculous too, I think I'm on like 7th generation gold (yay inbreeding, right Maxler?)

There's an odd sense of accomplishment I get from maxxing out my games after beating them a time or two. Anyway... /derail
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Gormal wrote:My chocobo is ridiculous

Is that some sort of navy slang? Either way I'm pretty sure it makes you a sicko.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:41 pm

Gormal wrote:
Malacar wrote:Let's see, other games I liked...

Try Master Summon=Quadra Magic on ever player

That's right, I've got at least 3 of every master materia on my big game. My chocobo is ridiculous too, I think I'm on like 7th generation gold (yay inbreeding, right Maxler?)

There's an odd sense of accomplishment I get from maxxing out my games after beating them a time or two. Anyway... /derail

I did so much shit on ff7 it isn't funny. One of the few things I didn't do was beat Emerald Weapon. I did have a golden chocobo, though I did it the hardway and bred/raced. He was the bomb diggity. Easy way to get a golden though is to beat emerald weapon.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:43 pm

Yeah, all the optional stuff in FF7 was insane, spent more time playin with that stuff than actually advancing in the game. Think I had 2 memory cards full of various saves in there.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:02 pm

Got this a few days ago and while its nothing spectacular, I'm enjoying seeing Vincent back in action even if this game is 100% fanservice. (Too lazy to crop out BSG and re-upload the image, deal with it.)

Return to “General Discussion Archive”