33%
Sept 21 -23
67%

Total votes: 6
Duna
Sojourner

TorilMUD Gathering 2007 updated!!!

Postby Duna » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:35 pm

Okay.. the Gathering will be in September..
Since there's some questions about the weekend. I"m going to poll it.
the 7th - 9th is the weekend after Labor day.

I'd like an idea of who is interested please.. so post people.

menu will be announced as soon as i find where i put it..
Last edited by Duna on Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:50 pm

Mark me down!
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:33 pm

So I forget... which is the preferred place to fly into for getting a ride etc, South Bend or Fort Wayne? Just did a couple quick searches and south bend seems to be half the price as fort wayne for airfare.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:44 pm

Southbend is a nice, tiny airport. The only problem with Southbend is getting a flight in or out in the evening. I know there are planes that go there in the evening, just not anything I've ever managed to find for me. Fort Wayne is a larger airport, and I thought it was a longer drive.

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:14 pm

they're about the same distance.. both about an hour away..
the south bend one is small.. i've not been to the fort wayne airport..

oh, still haven't found the menu, but what i remember is....

crab rangoon
chips and dip
gonna see if sotana will make wings again
cookies ( i think)

I'm still looking for it.
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:49 pm

Hei promised me I'd be able to cook one of these days.

Has it been determined yet where it's going to be held?

Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:33 am

well, I'm hosting.. but my place sucks.. so unless I get a new place before then, which i highly doubt.. it's going to be held at Hei and Derek's house..
and once I find the menu hei and I came up with, I'll let you know who's making what :P
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:09 am

I didn't see deviled eggs on that list.

I think somebody needs to revise.

rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:41 am

mmmm... deviled eggs.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:18 pm

bump.. maybe ask someone to sticky this until its over...
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:39 pm

You're not invited, Rylan... But, if you must come, Ft. Wayne is probably better, but S. Bend is cheaper, go there. I personally hate driving to/in S. Bend.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:08 am

You hate it? South Bend it is then! :P
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:35 pm

rylan wrote:You hate it? South Bend it is then! :P

Good thing I don't pick people up when they come :)

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:52 am

Kifle wrote:Good thing I don't pick people up when they come :)

Must...resist....comment...........
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Iduna
Sojourner

Postby Iduna » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:52 am

Yasden wrote:
Kifle wrote:Good thing I don't pick people up when they come :)

Must...resist....comment...........

Omg! *Laugh* he's wide open! < hahahaha ...how can you,
?...........resist........?
Sorry, you're better than I, I couldn't even resist a resist! lol
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:39 am

Yes, I pick people and then they come... But I get paid damn good for it Har har.

Dranix/Straxin
Sojourner

Postby Dranix/Straxin » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:59 pm

Hey guys, long time no see. This is Jenera/Hei, posting on Dran's log in because for some reason I can't log on, something about my account being inactive. Can anybody check into that for me?

Anyway, yeah, the dates have been chosen. For the sake of my "taking things too seriously" personality, Duna has offered to host though like she said with her place being too small and her bathroom unable to support more than a couple of people, it will be held at my place.

Things will be a little different this year. To avoid me having a nervous breakdown over something retarded, I'm not going to follow everyone around this year. I figure if you want to come badly enough, you will find a way without me bugging you. If you're not smart enough to find someone to pick you up if needed, you deserve to be stranded :P

My house and bathroom will be open to you guys to use, food will be provided on Friday, and it will be another trip to Paige's Crossing on Saturday (had a good turnout and much fun taking over the go-karts last year). I'm even going to contact the city to make sure we'll have permission to have a campfire going on outside in our somewhat small backyard. Beyond that, as you guys have said to me over the years, you guys are all adults, I don't need to remind you guys to pack things you need or things of that nature. Since the gathering will be in early fall, the weather should be warm (70s to 80s) with the evenings starting to get chilly.

As for the menu, we're going to cut down on the food. So much went to waste last year, more because it was so damn hot and we didn't expect it to be that hot, but still. Yes, Ashiwi, there will be deviled eggs, though not anywhere near as much, along with most of the things that we had last year minus the veggie tray (nobody touched it), the desserts (nobody touched them except for the cookies), sandwiches (almost nobody touched them). Duna and I are prepared to make 5 times as much crab rangoon however. We made 350 homemade pieces of crab rangoon last year and even spacing it out over the whole afternoon, the whole platter was gone 10 minutes after putting it down. That puts me in awe since we had 22 people show up last year.

I have a job at a gas station now, with long hours and very few days off and don't get paid worth a crap so money is always tight for me. I want to take the time now to thank all of those who donated to help me with finances in 2005 and last year as well. You guys are wonderful for doing that for me.

The only other thing more I have to say is a request to the alcohol on Friday night. In 2005, there were cops and breathalizer tests involved, in 2006 I had a 22 lb. bag of ice thrown at my head and a pool and field full of bottles and beer cans and a chocolate cake ending up being ground into my in-law's blanket. I would request you guys be a little more responsible about the alcohol being consumed, to watch out for each other (adults or not) and make sure nobody is drinking too much, and that if you're going to go off somewhere to a bar to make sure there is a DD and somebody is keeping track of others so nobody gets stranded. There are just too many people coming out of state, that are not familiar with the laws or have no pull with the authorities.

And with that, I hope to see many of you guys this September. I may not play the game anymore, but that hasn't erased my love for the people who play it.

Love and the highest regards,

Hei
Fotex ASSOC:: 'something's gay here'
Inama ASSOC:: 'its a maxler group, there's a whole lot of gay :('
Lazus group-says 'if you saw me naked, you wouldn't be so impressed methinks'
Rylan ASSOC:: 'the only thing that hurts is my butt'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:13 pm

I promise you, Jared and I did a LOT of picking up of said bottles and cans, not to mention cigarette butts, on Sunday morning of the last one.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:58 am

Ashiwi wrote:I promise you, Jared and I did a LOT of picking up of said bottles and cans, not to mention cigarette butts, on Sunday morning of the last one.

I ate cake... but this year I'll be getting drunk as shit -- and maybe I'll bring the wife.

Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:07 pm

Yeah right, if anyone can tear you away from your precious skool!
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:17 pm

Tasan wrote:Yeah right, if anyone can tear you away from your precious skool!

Lol, skool is for phools. Nah, I'll hopefully be able to take my last class during summer. Trying to get the prof to offer it so I can get the fuck out of there, but at the very most I'll have just one class to worry about, so that wont be a problem.

Glaman
Sojourner

Postby Glaman » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:32 pm

Where in Indiana are you guys located and where is this taking place? Northern I would deduce by flying into SB or FW. I live on the south side of Indy and if I could do a day trip it may be something that I would look into.

Glaman.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:09 am

Warsaw, Indiana

PM me for address and phone number, with lack of messed up roads and traffic, it takes about 2 hours to get here from Indy.
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'
Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'
Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'
Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'
Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:19 pm

South side of Indy yer lookin prolly closer to 3 hours. it's not a bad trip, straight up 31 til 24 then hit 15 north :)

the only rough spots are meridian/31 through indy and 31 through kokomo.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:33 pm

Duna wrote:South side of Indy yer lookin prolly closer to 3 hours. it's not a bad trip, straight up 31 til 24 then hit 15 north :)

the only rough spots are meridian/31 through indy and 31 through kokomo.

Lol, just leave between 8am and 11am and take 465-69 straight to 5.... so you can pick me up and i wont have to waste gas to see these tards.

Rented
Sojourner

Postby Rented » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:34 pm

Kifle wrote:Yes, I pick people and then they come... But I get paid damn good for it Har har.

You know what makes it even funnier is your signature that follows after your post. =P
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:18 am

I see that a few people in the pacific northwest and the west side of the country are trying to plan gatherings in the coming years. That's fine with me as it seems attendance to Indiana gatherings are getting lower due to our location and lack of fun activities. Good luck to you guys on that.

I suppose that this year for Indiana is still set in stone so hope to see many of you this year. As small as my house is, it's open to anyone who doesn't want to stay at a hotel and several other homes are available for accomodations as well and of course food is always provided on Friday. We have a choice between Paige's Crossing and bowling this year on Saturday the 15th, though as much fun as people had playing mini golf and riding go karts last year, I somehow doubt people will choose bowling and of course we raid the local buffet for supper. I've discovered that serving breakfast on Saturday morning goes poorly as people drink too much the night before and a group always goes off on their own to raid a local restaurant. Gathering is 6.5 months away.

On a different note, most of you guys know that the wedding I had planned last year for Dranix and I fell through. I don't want to wait anymore. So with our tiny tax returns this year, we're heading to the courthouse to sign our papers and finally be married. Haven't picked a date yet, but we're planning for mid-March, early April at this point. Cheap rings, a few witnesses, and maybe one day I'll be able to have that big medieval wedding. So if any of you are bored, I invite you down to see us get married. I'll post the date as soon as I know it. Enjoy!

Luvs and hugs,
Hei
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:05 pm

okay partial attendee list.. if they're maybe's it's listed. if yer not listed as a maybe and you are, let me know ;)

Dranix
Jenera
Goroz
Kifle
Sipes(maybe)
Nekler
Larim(maybe)
Duna
Nerox(maybe)
Ashiwi
Sotana(maybe)
Teflor
Pril
Rer(maybe)
Lazus(maybe)
Muma(maybe)
Rylan(maybe)
Lilira(maybe)
Fen(maybe)
Glaman (maybe)
Aldira (maybe)
Ghimok (maybe)
pm me on here or mmail me ingame if you want added to the list or switched from a maybe to a deffinate.

and fyi most of the maybe's are people who i know wanted to come last year, or even came last year, but i haven't heard out of so far this time :P
Last edited by Duna on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:33 pm

I definately wont be able to make it... the 45 minute drive is just too taxing on me...

Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:38 am

Take me off your list.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:25 pm

Tasan wrote:Take me off your list.

You make baby jesus cry.

Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:00 am

Kifle wrote:
Tasan wrote:Take me off your list.

You make baby jesus cry.

That's okay. No matter what he says, I'm not taking him off ;)
I'll believe he's not coming when he doesn't show up.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:19 am

No offense, but I've said before and I'll say it again, I'm not going to be there. Enjoy your fantasy world, but some of us just don't have that much vacation.

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:29 pm

This year I dont get any vacation, and Arilin is using his at the end of March to go home for two weeks .. unless we use paid time off or sick time, count us out as well ..
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:53 pm

hey, I need to know if anyone has booked flights or put in for vacation days, etc. Something has come up and I need to change the date. I"m only moving it up by a week. So it will be the 7th - 9th of September Instead of the 14th - 16th. Let me know. I might be able to fix what's come up, not sure. better to know now than later. :)
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:03 pm

6 months and counting.

Menu - I still haven't found it in the mound of paperwork, but I remember a good portion of it....

Crab Rangoon triple what we made last year
chips and dip.
wings if we can talk Sotana into it again.
cookies
Jalapeno Poppers, if I can talk Nerox into making them.
Deviled Eggs
I believe we discussed having some burgers and the terriaki chicken again.

I"ve not got hardly any confirmations at this point. so Please, let me know. I'll get Hotel Info for those that want it.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:24 am

I'll have to check about the date change... haven't booked a flight yet, but since thats labor day week now I usually either am away on vacation or have friends visiting then.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:59 am

Is that Labor Day weekend? If so, the chances of me getting time off for it are very close to zero. Sadly, I won't know for sure until I'm out of this training class, which will probably be late April, early May, but I can almost guarantee it would be tight for me.

And airfare that weekend would be murderous.

Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:18 pm

It's not labor day weekend. it's the weekend after.
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:20 am

bumpity
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:12 pm

Is something going on in the area the weekend of the 21st? I just looked up airline tickets and for some reason its like 2x the price of a normal ticket to there over any other weekend.
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:55 am

hrm, not that i'm aware of.. I'll check into it though.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:58 am

Only thing I've found so far is that there is a Notre Dame football game on the 22nd... maybe thats why. I looked at the other dates for home games and flights are high for those too.
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:08 pm

is that for both airports or just South Bend?
Is there anyone In Indy this year that might be willing to do a pickup at the Indy airport?? Let me know please.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:53 pm

Looks like the game weekend effects both south bend and fort wayne airports. The 7-9th has normal prices into south bend. IND doesn't seem affected by the notre dame game weekends.
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:00 pm

I'm not surprised Indy isn't affected. It's a 4 hour drive to Notre Dame from there ;)
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:06 am

bump
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:02 am

I voted for 21-23, but count that as a vote for 7-9, since I voted before I looked at the flights.
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:05 pm

Well it's looking like a tie so far.. and so you all know, I'm leaning towards the 7 - 9th since, as Rylan pointed out, plane tickets seem to be cheaper then.. we're about to hit the 6months before the gathering mark, so please.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if there is some strong reason why it should be the 21 - 23rd.

I need to finalize the date so i can get the time off work and so that Hei and I can start making the plans for food etc.
this will also give me the chance to check prices for hotel rooms and other such things in case anyone wants that info.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:59 am

It seems that nobody really seems interested in the gathering this year. So far I've seen the same 2 people post, not including Duna and I. If you guys are seriously not interested and this goes to the people who are talking about costs, can't get time off, etc. the gathering can always be cancelled. After all, I open up my house to any and all mudders and I'm sure Duna will as well, a gathering isn't especially needed for all of us to hang out together. There is no point in putting in the time and costs it requires to set something like this up if nobody is going to bother to come. To be honest, I'm tired of Indiana people posting that they don't want to drive the 40 minutes to get here, tired of people posting they are not coming only to show up at my door and get slapped by me, tired of getting all kinds of excited about bringing a little bit of fun into my routine life by hosting these gatherings and realize that very few care. Yes this post sounds whiney, and it's meant to, so I really don't want to hear from you guys about how retarded I'm being. I realize that. So you guys decide. If you're really serious about coming and I mean really serious, get in touch with Duna. Nobody needs to check prices for anybody, you can do it yourself. The town is Warsaw, Indiana, the airport codes are SBN, South Bend, FWA, Fort Wayne, IND, Indianapolis. Duna has my address and phone number to give out to those that don't already have it. Make up your minds soon, or the gathering is cancelled.
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'

Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'

Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'

Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'

Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”