TorilMUD Gathering, PNW Style

Archived discussion from Toril-2.

If a TorilMUD Gathering was held in the PNW, would you try to attend?

Yes
50%
No
33%
I'm AFK
17%

Total votes: 18
Botef
Sojourner

TorilMUD Gathering, PNW Style

Postby Botef » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:39 am

Thats right, there are quite a handful of us in the PNW and on the west coast. For a lot of us the trek out east is just too expensive or unfeasable. Tibek and I have talked to a few of you folks about hosting a gathering out here in the Pacific Northwest and the feedback seems positive!

Tibek and I both live on the same street, roughly 2.75 minutes walking distance from one door to the other. He just purchased a new home that happens to have a spacious living room and TWO empty bedrooms. I don't have as much space at my place, but certainly enough floor space for a few people to crash out. Between the two of us, we should have plenty of space to host a nice sized gathering for anyone who would want to come.

We live in Pullman, Washington which is on the eastern most side of the state, roughly 80 minutes south of Spokane and about 5-6 hours from Seattle. We do have a airport in town, though its small so most flights stop in Spokane first.

We're both curious how many of you would honestly be interested, and make a point to try and come, if we hosted a gathering sometime in the next year or two. Right now we just want to get an idea of how many of you would even be interested and we're both up to suggestions on other places to hold it - I certainly wouldn't mind a road trip somewhere else. We both just want to get the idea out there for now and see what people think.

At any rate, post up if your interested or let either of us know in game! Anyone would be welcome to attend, so even if your from farther away feel free to post! If we do host something we will make sure it is far enough away from the date of the other gathering so as not to complicate anything!

Pava, Kesena and Xolan, Targskspank, Larrus, Zazah, Kissa, all of you in Oregon (Wodat/Linsow/etc? I think!), I know theres a ton more I'm forgetting!
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:04 am

i know 5 mudders including myself that would try to make it. possibly 7 not sure about the other two :)
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:28 am

I'm on the east coast, but it depends on flight prices. I can get to Portland Oregon pretty cheap, and I end up going there for work a few times a year too.
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:35 pm

So you know, I voted no cause i can't afford the trip. But if you need help/advice on the planning let me know ;) I'll give you pointers if ya want :)
good luck, i hope you guys have one :)
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:21 pm

I would definately be tempted to try to make the trip, for the washington faction of MO, if nothing else. My gf's brother lives less than 2 hours away from there also, so getting her on board with that would be no problem. (FU Teba in person?) Priceless.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:53 am

I'd totally be down. I would host one here, if the unfinished basement in my house were done, which won't happen for 2-3 years. No room right now for more than about 3 extra people to crash atm. I'm in a great "middle" location between Portland, Vancouver, and Spokane/Tri-Cities.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:48 am

ive been thinking about hosting one this summer myself. would be an issue of where to put people...only person i wouldnt hafto worry about where they would sleep is akam (he lives less then a mile away)
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:41 am

i posted no, because vdays are harder to come by. also already committed to a bunch of trips.

however, if it coincide with me already being up in seattle then yeah i'm in. i'm planning on being up in seattle 2008.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”