...But then, my homework was never quite like this.

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Cirath
Sojourner

...But then, my homework was never quite like this.

Postby Cirath » Mon May 14, 2007 12:45 pm

So I was killing the last half hour at work this morning, when I hear about this story, which happened just over 80 miles from where I live. I found myself disappointed that that there wasn't at least one kid there with a hero complex to bash this genius of a teacher over the head with a heavy blunt object. It would have illustrated one of the many reasons why it should not have been done that way nicely.

Discuss.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon May 14, 2007 12:50 pm

My question is, what exactly did they expect the children to learn from that experience? What could they (the children) possibly have taken away from that situation that would have helped them if the situation were real? :?
Tida
Sojourner

Postby Tida » Tue May 15, 2007 4:15 am

I can kinda understand where the teachers where coming from on doing this. At the school my kids go to they do drill for everything from fire to what would happen if someone was actually able to get into the school with a gun, *like that would happen as the school doors are locked from the time school starts until it ends* Now as for the way they did it, that would have to be the stuipdest thing ever done. They should have told them at the least that they where going to do a drill on this and then done it, but to stand there and let the kids freak out and not let them know it was a drill but a "prank" now that's just plain stuipd and wrong. Just my 2 cents worth
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue May 15, 2007 9:46 am

1 word: compensation.
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Tue May 15, 2007 1:31 pm

Tida wrote:At the school my kids go to they do drill for everything...

Note that this didn't take place at school. It was on a field trip.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”