RSPCA's Million Paws Walk Sun 20 May (Aust.)

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
ssar
Sojourner

RSPCA's Million Paws Walk Sun 20 May (Aust.)

Postby ssar » Tue May 15, 2007 10:58 am

http://www.millionpawswalk.com.au/

We will be taking our dog this Sunday, to our local event at Morpeth in the Hunter Valley, NSW.

Should be a great day, and our dog Bronte:

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/436841

..will love it!

If you have a dog, or don't but just like them, try & get along to your closest one!

Looking forward to it! :)
BEER
ssar
Sojourner

Was a good day out..

Postby ssar » Sun May 20, 2007 10:26 am

Was a good day out..

Clear, sunny skies, a bit of a fresh breeze every now and then (which actually helped take the bite off the heat a bit).

Pretty much what I expected.. Lots of people and dogs there, fairly well-organized.
This is Bronte, me & family (Yes that is a Hatebreed shirt - one of my fav's):

Lots of room for doing as you please, spreading out, varying your pace as you please.
And set in the Morpeth NSW area in quite a picturesque country region in the Hunter Valley.

There was a kiddie's playground enclosure at the main park area - fun for lots of kids.

And the main street of Morpeth itself a short walk away too, with cafe's aplenty - it was real cool to walk up & down the area and see so many dogs tied up outside places and being walked etc.

Outside one of the pubs 3 smallish good-looking staffies were tied by thier masters' table - all 3 laying down happily in the sun after a big morning, whilst the beers flows well nearby - nice scene (unfort. didnt get any photos of that).

Didnt see one dog roam/run through/escape thier handler off leash at all either.

The local newspaper (The Maitland Mercury I think it's called) photographer took a few photos of our family group - with any luck we might be in it.

Also thought I saw myself briefly on the local news segment on the event this evening too, but I was probably mistaken.

Glad we went!
BEER
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon May 21, 2007 2:03 pm

Looks like a lot of fun--and Bronte's gorgeous!

Return to “General Discussion Archive”