the housing market

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:08 pm

Corth wrote:Sarvis,

Jon Stewart does a pretty good job making your point...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oLSNuZjx_Xc

damn viacom :(
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:23 pm

Feh..

Oh well. I tried, Sarvis.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:17 pm

Sarvis wrote:Yes, notice all the "appearings" instead of "doings."

Maybe YOU want to live in a shallow world where quality is based on appearance and we get garbage music like Britney Spears because she has the right look. But you'll have trouble convincing me that's a good thing.

You're quite the naive fool to think that human beings can divine the truth from the magic cup sitting on their desks.

Appearance comes from observation. Notice how it is ALL there is to make a decision from.

You live in an extremely shallow world where the COST of time and effort spent in divining the truth is ignored.

For a skilled observer, 99% of the time "appearings" correlate with "doings." Why the hell should a skilled observer thus spend that much more time at the office, that much less time with their children, and that much less time contributing to the company in order to try to fix that 1% where "appearings" don't correlate with "doings?"

The answer is that they shouldn't. Because it wouldn't be fair.
Last edited by teflor the ranger on Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:23 pm

Even if you have a shovel?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:25 pm

I added some more while you posted, btw.

"You live in an extremely shallow world where the COST of time and effort spent in divining the truth is ignored.

For a skilled observer, 99% of the time "appearings" correlate with "doings." Why the hell should a skilled observer thus spend that much more time at the office, that much less time with their children, and that much less time contributing to the company in order to try to fix that 1% where "appearings" don't correlate with "doings?"

The answer is that they shouldn't. Because it wouldn't be fair."
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:08 am

Ambar wrote:
Corth wrote:Sarvis,

Jon Stewart does a pretty good job making your point...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oLSNuZjx_Xc

damn viacom :(

Lol, I just clicked the link and saw the viacom shit and looked at my wife and said, "damn viacom" then clicked the 5th page and saw this. Rofl.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:48 am

Sarvis wrote:Now, how is it "fair" under your definition if a person's compensation/position is affected by relationship with the CEO? Is a person's contribution to the company worth more if he knew the CEO in high school?

You see, I don't necessarily think that business owners are "out to get us." They are, however, human and humans tend to do stupid things, make bad choices, notice form over function and do favors for their friends.

Player A:
Creation points spent buying skill ranks.

Player B:
Creation points spent buying one high-level contact.

Min/maxing and choices FTW?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:58 pm

<b>Corth</b>: Well, I missed your Daily Show link... but I have a retaliatory amusing video. I think <a href="http://www.zippyvideos.com/175493149588945/future_stock/">That Guy</a> sums up your argument pretty well. :P
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire

Return to “General Discussion Archive”