57%

Total votes: 7
Gormal
Sojourner

Wes Anderson's New Movie: The Darjeeling Limited

Postby Gormal » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:52 pm

Trailer
IMDB

From apple.com: "An emotional comedy about three brothers re-forging family bonds. The eldest, played by Wilson, hopes to reconnect with his two younger siblings by taking them on a train trip across the vibrant and sensual landscape of India."

Hotel Chevalier

The Darjeeling Limited was preceded at film festivals by a 13 minute short directed by Anderson called "Hotel Chevalier." The short will not be shown when the film goes into wide release (for some reason), but can download the whole thing for free from the iTunes store by clicking this link (US only. Requires iTunes account)

I'm a big Wes Anderson fan and am really looking forward to this movie. I was surprised to see that Luke Wilson is absent here, but am glad that Jason Schwartzman is back to star and co-write. I don't care what you say about Owen Wilson either, he's always great in an Anderson picture, (which he should be considering how he helped write most of his scripts).
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:19 pm

While I appreciate his style and think that there is something beyond the average movie in an artistic sense, I can't personally get into his flicks. It's not that I don't get them, it's just that I'm not a fan of dark comedies. This movie did seem interesting though, so I'll definately check it out.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:02 pm

I love all of his movies, though I did find The Life Aquatic to be the most difficult to get into at first. Bottle Rocket is pretty rough with its low budget, but there's some genius comedy in there.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:40 am

Not enough posting in here. Too much political discussion.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:15 am

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD

Return to “General Discussion Archive”