What will Dick Cheney think of next?

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Vigis
Sojourner

What will Dick Cheney think of next?

Postby Vigis » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:07 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071030/od_ ... iraq_shark

I think Iran did it to frame America!
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:04 pm

Just like we were convinced that Saddam had WMD, an accusation which turned out to be equally laughable. Perhaps they should invade America to search for our shark distribution facilities.

Discuss.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:20 pm

All I want is some sharks with frickin lasers on their heads! Is that too much to ask?
Eilistraee
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:43 am

O' course ahm no' 'appy! Ahm a beeg fat slaub!

Ah've goot behger tehties than yeu deu!

Ah've goot more chins than a Chinese foon beuk!

Ah ain't seen mah willeh in three years! Which is loong enough teu beh conseedered legally did!

Ah eat becoos ahm un'appy! Ahm un'appy becoos ah eat! Eet's a vicious cycle...
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:09 am

Ach ah'm a black Scottish cyclops!
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:20 am

It's not entirely unreasonable to believe that the presence of the shark had something to do with America's invasion and presence in Iraq. Before the American invasion, the previous regime dammed off many of the water sources that fed into southern Iraq in order to crush their economic development - because southern Iraq was the site a lot of anti-Saddam activity. Since our invasion, many of the wetlands have been restored and the water flow has been redirected into the area.

Also, in southern Iraq, there has been a great increase in ship traffic due to the reopening of the country to trade. Under the UN embargo the decade before, fewer ships sailed through those waterways. Furthermore, a boom in development since the post-Saddam era may have caused some weaknesses in natural and artificial barriers to sharks traveling up Iraq's waterways.

While the news article seems to present the idea that locals believe it's some sort of conspiracy by America to scare Iraqis, I think it's closer to say that merely the Iraqis blame the Americans for the incident.

They may not be entirely that far off, but a shark is hardly the best or worst thing that's happened to Iraqis since our forces arrived in country.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”