Hockey Fans

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Kifle
Sojourner

Hockey Fans

Postby Kifle » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:11 am

Pens pick up Hossa for next to nothing. Pens will win the cup this year. Woot!!
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:35 am

besides your supa sexy canadian ass, and maybe touk and lilithfair, who gives a damn about hockey? in case you haven't noticed, the NASCAR season has started.
"When you close your eyes, is it hell that you see?" Ghost, Ginger Snaps 2
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Postby Zalkenai » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:46 am

Well... I care. But I'm a Habs fan. So I'll congratulate you, with a bit of grumbling. The Pens are a powerhouse, I figure they'll take and keep the top spot in the east.

But it's damn close.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:20 am

Zalkenai wrote:Well... I care. But I'm a Habs fan. So I'll congratulate you, with a bit of grumbling. The Pens are a powerhouse, I figure they'll take and keep the top spot in the east.

But it's damn close.

Ouch... how pissed are you about Huet?

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:37 pm

1st in the east again thanks to Buffalo sucking major ass.

Emarin
Sojourner

Postby Emarin » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:58 pm

My Sharks are pwning you all! Thanks buffalo for Campbell, season saver trade right there. (and by season saver, i mean anything less than winning the Cup is seen as a failure) Barry Melrose is never wrong!!!
Dartan tells you '*roll*'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:42 pm

Yeah, that was a wtf trade too... not as bad as the huet trade for the habs though. SJ is on a major tear right now, but the west is going to rip them up in the playoffs. I don't think they can keep up their awesome streak. Btw, did you see the pens hand buffalo their asses last night? Even freakin' mynard got a damn goal... he averages less than 1min per game, lol.

Emarin
Sojourner

Postby Emarin » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:07 am

Didn't see that game. Me being in the west coast, not too many hockey games are televised other than division play. Also, by the time anyone gets home really, all we're able to see are highlights of east coast teams.

As for the sharks, they're one of the top teams in the west to reckon with. If the playoffs started today, they'd get the minnesota wild or the flames. With both those teams not playing well right now, that could possibly allow SJ to quickly beat them and rest, while dallas would have the enviable task of beating anaheim, detroit against luongo and vancouver, which are not easy match ups.

Quite honestly, i kinda want to see anaheim or dallas drop to a 6th seed, so that the 2nd round of the western playoffs could be detroit, san jose, dallas, and anaheim, arguably the 4 best teams in the west.
Dartan tells you '*roll*'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:51 pm

Pretty tough to argue with that call.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:44 pm

I'm just hoping the Pens will overcome their injury problems by playoff time. It'd be nice to have Roberts and Eaton back in the line-up -- not to mention talbot, hossa, and crosby.

I honestly don't think the Sharks will go to the conference finals this year. If they get a lucky matching in the first round, they may win, but they have really sucked against any team worth anything this year. Wings, Stars, and the Ducks have all pretty much swept them in their series. The only teams they've had luck against were they Coyotes (lol?), the Blues, the blackhawks, and columbus. They lost to almost every team in the east on their road trip except an injury ridden pens team and I think the oilers. Their 11 (I think) streak they're on now has been against weak teams they should beat. If they were an Eastern team, I could see them maybe making it to the finals, but they can't play against the trap well enough, so I doubt they'd make it unless they played the rags or the islanders.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:09 pm

Thanks to cyborg Gary Roberts and company, the pens handed the sens their asses (and somehow ryan whitney fought and won -- guess he forgot his purse). I was also laughing my ass off at the first Calgary/SJ game. Although SJ won the second outing, they go to Calgary now. I still predict they shit the bed. I was suprised to see Dallas not only beat, but shut-out the Ducks -- I don't think anybody saw that.

No offense, but I'm hoping the Habs tank -- as unlikely as that is. I really don't want the pens to have to play them.

Pens/Sens game two live on yahoo! tonight. My playoff beard is in full force and the wife is busting out her pens shirt. I'm hoping for another blow-out.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:14 pm

Hockey... its summertime guys get with the program.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Yer in San Diego tard, there are no seasons there. Go back to WoW!
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:17 pm

Who are you rooting for since SL sucks balls, dougles?

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:19 pm

Umm I have plenty of seasons here... thyme, rosmary, motherfucking EMERIL and shit! You will eat cat poop for the way you talk about my city.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”