Cruisin' Together

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Cruisin' Together

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:56 am

For my birthday this year, I have decided that I'm going to take a cruise. Nothing fancy, just a five day jaunt to the Caribbean, with stops in Cozumel, Mexico and Progreso, Yucatan. It's with Carnival Cruise Lines, leaves New Orleans on November 1st (my birthday!), and the name of the ship is the Fantasy.

The total cost of the cruise after taxes and fees is $372.56, plus a $50.00 gratuity added to your bill, and any soda, liquor, gambling or spa treatments extra. The ship is all inclusive, all restaurants and entertainment being included in the cost of the cruise.

Several people are already going with me, including a very strong possibility of Sotana. Anybody who would like to come along is more than welcome to hang with us, and go visit Mayan ruins, crystal blue waters, eat fresh fish, drink champagne on deck under the stars... just basically enjoy the hell outta ourselves. The more, the merrier, when it comes to champagne under the stars.

If you're interested, the fellow who helped me book at Carnival is Roberto, 1-800-438-6744, xt 42612, and the booking number is 9XM007. Booking this early means putting down a $200.00 deposit (per person), and paying the remainder by September.

I also found out you can buy tickets for four bar drinks online at $21.25 each, and that gets you four of any kind of drink they have available, including the 15 oz margarita in the souvenier hurricane tumbler! ::drool:: Mmmmmm, tequila in a souvenier tumbler...

And just to let anybody who is interested know, some of us will also be spending three days in New Orleans once we get back to port. Just be warned, the American Heart Association has decided to have a convention there the same weekend, and hotel space is both limited and expensive.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:23 am

I'm so there! I will not, however, be providing any moonwells so you're on your own.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:16 am

!!! Someone want to go splitsies on cabinage?
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:19 am

I've reserved a cabin on the ship, so I'll be there! hrm, does a cabin count as a nature room? Maybe if i bring a fern. Cruising really is a nice way to travel for anyone fence sitting. Hey Shev have you taken Shar on a honey moon yet, and I don't mean to Gencon. Sorry Teflor I'd room with ya but I got a room mate already.
Lilithelle
Last edited by Lilithelle on Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Re: Cruisin' Together

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:20 am

Ashiwi wrote:including a very strong possibility of Sotana.

It's like a weather forecast.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:01 am

Hey, I went on a carnival cruise recently and they charge something like 40 cents a minute for internet access. You guys are going to go through massive geek withdrawal :)

Have fun though. Make sure to visit Mother's restaurant on Poydras street in New Orleans before embarking. I'm telling you it will be the highlight of your trip. Fried shrimp 'po boy and some jerry's jambalaya... mmmmmm

Oh.. heh, one thing I didnt realize on my first couple of cruises is that you don't just have to order one appetizer, one salad, one meal, one dessert. You can order 2 or 3 of each! I think I gained like 10 pounds on my last cruise. But why the hell not, if your going to eat like a pig thats the time.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
sotana
Sojourner

Re: Cruisin' Together

Postby sotana » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:17 am

teflor the ranger wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:including a very strong possibility of Sotana.

It's like a weather forecast.

Well I am a druid and weather is my thing!
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:56 pm

Ashiwi wrote:The total cost of the cruise after taxes and fees is $372.56, plus a $50.00 gratuity added to your bill, and any soda, liquor, gambling or spa treatments extra. The ship is all inclusive, all restaurants and entertainment being included in the cost of the cruise.

This paragraph makes 0 sense to me. Either it's all inclusive or it's not. Apparently it's not, under my definition of entertainment.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:25 am

That sounds like Sooooo much fun. Sigh. Well take lots of pics for me. I would love to go with, but 2 problems. 1) can't leave kids home alone for a week. 2) no real way to part with the money.

I vote that you all come visit me sometime soonish :P or at least give me a call on Skype :P

okay, I'm gonna talk to a gal about sitting this week and then i'll see what's up with finances. it sounds like too much fun to miss :P So we'll see :)
Last edited by Duna on Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:59 am

Thats extremely close to my birthday as well (Nov 17th), so yea, I'll be in touch if this is something I can do :)

<3 Miss you so much Kelly
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:58 pm

Eddybear!!!!!

I couldn't think of a better birthday present than having you there.

Besides, you, me and Rachael could tear us up some Cozumel.

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:03 pm

Tasan wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:The total cost of the cruise after taxes and fees is $372.56, plus a $50.00 gratuity added to your bill, and any soda, liquor, gambling or spa treatments extra. The ship is all inclusive, all restaurants and entertainment being included in the cost of the cruise.

This paragraph makes 0 sense to me. Either it's all inclusive or it's not. Apparently it's not, under my definition of entertainment.

Okay, so it's 99% inclusive, Mr. Analtastic Man. If you want beer and margaritas, you have to pay for them yourself.

And then there's exploring coral reefs with margarita in hand in the blue waters of Cozumel...
http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel_Snorkeling/
Mmmmmm.... snorkeling with a little salt and lime. I'm pretty sure that's what I'll be doing after we dock.

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:47 am

And here's the little bed and breakfast I just submitted reservation requests for. Home sweet home in New Orleans, just down the road from the French Quarter, for the four days after the cruise.

http://www.sweetolive.com/

Four days for the price of three. As long as the room's not already taken, I booked the sweet olive room, so I can have my freshly ground coffee on my own balcony.

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

List!

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:13 am

CRUISE

Confirmed:
Ashiwi - Already Booked
Lilithelle - Already Booked

Looking for Roomies:
Teflor - any non-smokers going?
Duna - ?

Expressed Interest/Dunno:
Sotana - strong possibility of Sotana.
Talsor - Ashiwi's birthday present! (be a shame if you didn't show)

N'AWLINS

Confirmed:
Ashiwi - Already Booked
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:43 am

Man, a cruise, this has got to the the most profound sign of an aging mud population I've seen :|. I sure wish cruises were that cheap in Australia or I'd be there, I'd be in for sure! All you can get here for that price is a one way USA special to the reef.

PS: Cruising with Ed would be worth flying to Florida for, Again!
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:58 pm

Is there anybody in the New Orleans area? I'd hate to be there for four days and let a wonderful opportunity to meet fellow mudders pass us by.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:25 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Is there anybody in the New Orleans area? I'd hate to be there for four days and let a wonderful opportunity to meet fellow mudders pass us by.

Isn't Dornax?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:50 am

I know there used to be quite a few mudders around New Orleans before Katrina, but I"m not sure how may there are in the area now.
On a different note, I was doing some looking around and there is store in Cozumel that sells nothing but Tequila. It has over 300 different brands/kinds of it, with free tasting :)
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Osheara
Sojourner

Postby Osheara » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:51 am

I think I've been there actually, if I remember correctly...it was a lot of alcohol. But they do it up very touristy, a bit like walking through Epcot's Mexico ride where the boat passes stores and the guy in the window keeps trying to sell you stuff even as you are walking away!!!

the one thing I learned about buying ANYTHING at those destination spots in Mexico, Haggle....and keep haggling. The price they tell you is at the very least double what you can get it for. :P

It's definitely a very different experience, but well worth it!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:39 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Is there anybody in the New Orleans area? I'd hate to be there for four days and let a wonderful opportunity to meet fellow mudders pass us by.

Fayren is also there still I think. I haven't talked to her in a while and I know she was thinking of leaving as soon as she could but had been there for a long time after Katrina.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:48 pm

Your location and face offend me Gormal.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”