Lets resurrect old epic threads from the archives!

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:57 am

Teyaha wrote:
Dalar wrote:
Right, so you were crying because people don't like you...

in 2003

do you want me to start linking the shit you would spout off about in 2003? you were even worse back then, attacking everyone and everything in the game

i dont give a shit if people like me. i was concerned about the piss-poor attitudes of assholes like you and how it would affect the pbase in coming years

you linked to the very damned thread. a thread where you bashed people for talking about mmorpg's, yet nearly every other post from you lately is about other games and mmorps

In response to the previous post: You are by far everyone and everybody in this game. Just because I flamed you doesn't backup that claim. I flamed you, that other retarded troll, anyone else stupid enough to make baseless claims on shit.

I'm pretty sure I posted that because at the time you were a self-proclaimed genius on MMOs but still didn't know shit about the easiest MMO you've played out of your MMO career: this MUD

me wrote:I don't give a shit what I flamed about back in 2003. I was correct then and I am correct now. The funny thing is the shit I complained about eventually got changed anyways. Res effects? BC? Hulburg quests being removed? Oh shit let's keep it going.

If I said I wanted you to forget about my old shit I didn't.
Last edited by Dalar on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:59 am

afk2p then sleep

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:09 am

Dalar wrote:
Teyaha wrote:
Ragorn wrote:Can someone link me a thread from the archives where Teyaha posted something relevant and on-topic that didnt' dissolve into a flamewar?

these things devolve into flame posts because you fags attack me. i will no longer sit back and take that shit, nor will i ever give you the pleasure of quitting or going away. i will defend myself - period

why dont you go read the fucking very threads y ou assholes were linking of mine earlier. like http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11562

thanuk wrote:Seriously though, if you're gonna compare this game to DAOC or everquest or whatever shitty little game you thought you were good at one time, you should expect to get flamed.

a very relevant thread, especially when you look at how you people post now. the rudeness, the spite, the cherzra event. i start out civil trying to engage in discussion about attitudes (which were ultimately dismissed when WoW's general board was conceived) and instead of discussing, the very first fucking post is a flame against me

First poster was dead on though.

relevant posts? how about http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11637 yeah..how's that roller working for you all now? i dont take credit for fixing it - you and dalar have cornered that type of arrogance - but it sure looks like a fucking relevant post

Dartan rolled this without an autoroller on opening day:

STR: 77 AGI: 84 DEX: 60 CON: 90
POW: 52 INT: 65 WIS: 97 CHA: 76

Looks like you were lying in your "relevant post". Is that really the only thing you could come up with? You weren't even the person who initiated that change nor the thought that it should be looked at afaik. Someone even refuted your claim in that post as well saying your luck is horrible.

oh wow now you are calling me a liar? why dont you also follow thanuks advice and quit posting shit about WoW. of course you wont, because obviously you are an exception!

having horrible luck is not the same thing as lying. it's pretty bad that you are that petty. and, you dumbass, i said i didnt take any credit for the roller changes that happened AFTER THAT POST. the post is still however relevent seeing as how the roller has been changed. because clearly i was lying - i was a unique case - and the gods found no fault with the roller and kept it exactly the same way.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:34 am

Teyaha, you're a terrible poster and always have been. Learn to accept it.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:13 pm

Dalar wrote:Oh and the funny part is, on EVERY other game I've played, I am usually well-liked and I rarely flame on every other forum I'm on. What's missing? Why is Dartan so calm everywhere else? I make sure I don't have to deal with people like you Teyaha.

Wow, you too? On other forums I am like the model of even-keeled rational behavior. I don't know what it is about this place...
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:23 pm

Gormal wrote:Teyaha, you're a terrible poster and always have been. Learn to accept it.

Damn dude, is there <i>anyone</i> you don't hate?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:29 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Gormal wrote:Teyaha, you're a terrible poster and always have been. Learn to accept it.

He loves me unless he's drunk. Then he just accuses me of sleeping around on him while he punches me in my face. It's ok because afterwards he says he wont do it again, and I believe him!
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:08 pm

Looking through some of the old gameplay threads and found Dartan admiting I'm leet.

http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8707

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:08 pm

Sarvis wrote:

Yes, because you and Teyaha are everyone, obviously. Maybe if you keep trying to play the victim people won't notice how bad of a poster you are as well.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:27 pm

So pointing out that you're being a jerk to other people is playing the victim?

Huh. Interesting. I guess any time you are an ass and smoeone calls you on it they are playing the victim them. I'll have to keep that in mind.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:30 pm

No you said I hated everyone, when is just people like you.

PS - I pissed in your Cheerios.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Sarvis wrote:So pointing out that you're being a jerk to other people is playing the victim?

Huh. Interesting. I guess any time you are an ass and smoeone calls you on it they are playing the victim them. I'll have to keep that in mind.

You accuse Gormal of being an ass yet he has rarely flamed me. Supposedly I flame everyone. Supposedly he flames everyone. Why don't we flame each other? Because we don't make stupid ass statements, play the victim, and pretend to know they know shit about the MUD (well, Gormal does to some extent, but at least he understands how to min/max)

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Dalar wrote:
Sarvis wrote:So pointing out that you're being a jerk to other people is playing the victim?

You accuse Gormal of being an ass yet he has rarely flamed me. Supposedly I flame everyone. Supposedly he flames everyone. Why don't we flame each other? Because we don't make stupid ass statements, play the victim, and pretend to know they know shit about the MUD (well, Gormal does to some extent, but at least he understands how to min/max)

Awwwwww.... how cute.

Remember folks, anyone who disagrees with you is "making stupid ass comments" and "playing the victim!" If it's a "stupid ass comment" about the mud you're just pretending you know shit no matter how many years of gametime you've logged!

I'll back off though. No need to drag myself down with you is there? I'll let you flame anyone and everyone who disagrees with you, or even comments in a thread. Looking around, it's all very clear that no one here needs my help to cause any strife.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Dalar wrote:

Awwwwww.... how cute.

Remember folks, anyone who disagrees with you is "making stupid ass comments" and "playing the victim!" If it's a "stupid ass comment" about the mud you're just pretending you know shit no matter how many years of gametime you've logged!

I'll back off though. No need to drag myself down with you is there? I'll let you flame anyone and everyone who disagrees with you, or even comments in a thread. Looking around, it's all very clear that no one here needs my help to cause any strife.

That's so cute! You're playing the "oh i'm a victim" and "i'm better than you guys" card all in one post.

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:33 pm

*bow*

What can I say, I'm skilled at being misinterpreted.

So what's YOUR reason for this special hatred of me? Did I participate in too many political discussions with willing people for your taste? Or maybe it's only ok for YOU to get in flamewars with Teffie? Maybe I tried to answer a technical question you posted but didn't quite get the right answer?

Hrm... maybe I'm confusing you with Gormal.

In any case, maybe you both should step back and consider WHY you actually dislike someone you don't even know based on their participation on a web forum. Even if long political arguments piss you off, no one forced you to read them and no one who participated was unwilling. Playing the victim? Fuck you. You're being an ass. A couple of you bitch and moan any time I post for no reason, yet ignore or condone the others who participated in the same discussions I did. Why does Corth get a free pass? Why do Ambar and Ashiwi's constant bitching and meddling get ignored, or even cheered on?

Furthermore, why is it that even without the almighty troublemaker Sarvis around <i>none of you</i> can even approach a civil discussion about MUD issues?

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:41 pm

This thread freaking rules on so many different levels. :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:43 pm

I don't read your political crap, and I still think you're a terribad poster. I choose to dislike you on a forum for your conduct on said forum... you could be the coolest guy in the world in the real world for all I know but I don't care. This is the internet.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Gormal wrote:I don't read your political crap, and I still think you're a terribad poster. I choose to dislike you on a forum for your conduct on said forum...

Specifically what conduct would that be? The flamewars... no that's Dalar and Teffie. The constant insistence that no one should argue or swear? No that's the A-team. The helping people out when they have questions and trying to make suggestions? Well yeah, that's me but it's an odd thing to hate don't you think?

you could be the coolest guy in the world in the real world for all I know but I don't care. This is the internet.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:23 pm

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:35 pm

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:47 pm

Possibly the greatest thread of all time.

http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1453
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:02 pm

edit
Last edited by Kifle on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:03 pm

I like peas.
Last edited by Gormal on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:28 pm

Bah if thats the best you can do for me than one of us is pathetic.

This was when Cherzra posted a scathing critique about chaos christmas. Probably the only time I ever remotely agreed with Cherzra about anything. I joked that it seemed the gods were having more fun than the players. Next thing you know Miax was all over me about it. The suckiful thing is all the good flames were on a deleted thread and on a defunct URL. Stupid gods quick on the draw with the delete button...

If you want to post a serious epic Corth thread, find the one where me and the evils clashed in jot over the nightshade bracelet zonelet. I think I had an honest to goodness meltdown in that thread. I think it was titled "Corth shows his true colors" or something like that. Come to think of it though, that one might have been deleted too. :)

Corth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:34 pm

There's an awesome thread in announcements where you offer to set up the Amazon thing... Shev said he'd do it and never did. "It'd take literally five minutes to set up." -Corth
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:04 pm

http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11562

Thought it may be a timely addition. It also has a rare sighting of Thanuk posting something other than one-liners (not that it was a bad thing).

Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:32 pm

Most hilarity per post of any thread:

http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18166
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:06 pm

I fixed the vena picture.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”