Mplor was right

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Mplor was right

Postby Ragorn » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:35 pm

Gormal got me digging through the archives, and I came across a fairly short goodbye post I wrote when I quit S3. The thread is here:

http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopi ... highlight=

The post in question, in its entirety:

When she's gone, we'll still be here for ya :)

He was joking. He had no idea that in 6 1/2 years later, she'd be gone and I'd still be here.

This place is breaking down for what may very well be the final time. It's just kind of interesting to note that I've been here since before my first girlfriend, and I'm still posting here even as my divorce is being processed.

If the BBS disappears one day without any warning, like Sojourn 2 did when Miax pulled the plug, I'm going to miss you guys.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Kifle
Sojourner

Re: Mplor was right

Postby Kifle » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:08 pm

Ragorn wrote:This place is breaking down for what may very well be the final time. It's just kind of interesting to note that I've been here since before my first girlfriend, and I'm still posting here even as my divorce is being processed.

If the BBS disappears one day without any warning, like Sojourn 2 did when Miax pulled the plug, I'm going to miss you guys.

Saddly, this is what is getting me annoyed at the whole situation. I've been playing and talking with people here for almost 14 years now, and it would be a shame for it to go away because somebody has lost interest in upkeep where there are people more than willing to take the position.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:50 pm

ack. i'm sorry u got divorce.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:22 am

I joined the divorce recovery on LJ. It helped me a lot through my divorce.

PM me if you need. It helps sometimes to bounce ideas or frustrations off someone else who went through the same thing.

I'm two years divorced myself.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:35 am

I avoided a permanent split and am still happily married by pure virtue of working shit out and realizing there was a reason we were together for eight years. Also, councelling is stupid. No matter what, the councellor will pick one side; so, beware of that before you go (aren't you a psych major -- you should know this).

Anyway, sucks what's happening. I've been there (was split and seeing other people for six months), so realize there are options out there. Hit me up if you need something. Those six months were the shitties times of my life, hands down.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:11 am

Rags, I'm so sorry to hear you're getting divorced. There is comfort and peace on the other side, but it can take some time to find it. Stay busy, keep yourself distracted, get out and have fun.

Or just do what other people do and find somebody you can call who will listen to you. Somebody who will commisserate and accept you no matter how long you go on about your issues. Somebody who will cheer you on when you take steps forward and tell you you're stupid when you make really big mistakes. Somebody who really cares about you.

Then you can stop calling them once you're settled into another relationship.

Isn't that how it works, Carl?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:26 am

It sucks that she is such a whore, Joe, just make sure the kid learns from you! I also haven't gotten enough drunk phone calls of late... that needs to change.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:30 am

Ashiwi wrote:Rags, I'm so sorry to hear you're getting divorced. There is comfort and peace on the other side, but it can take some time to find it. Stay busy, keep yourself distracted, get out and have fun.

Or just do what other people do and find somebody you can call who will listen to you. Somebody who will commisserate and accept you no matter how long you go on about your issues. Somebody who will cheer you on when you take steps forward and tell you you're stupid when you make really big mistakes. Somebody who really cares about you.

Then you can stop calling them once you're settled into another relationship.

Isn't that how it works, Carl?

Oh, you shut that dirty little mouth of yours up! I've called more than 5 times with no answer and you never called me back :(

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:33 am

She talks to me when I call, guess you're just not sexy enough.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:07 am

Gormal wrote:She talks to me when I call, guess you're just not sexy enough.

I think it might be because I hit on her daughter one too many times :(

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:19 am

Try hitting on her granddaughter then...

Gamma Kel!
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:00 am

Carl never calls me either :(

Neither does Jake... or Kelly... or Jen... sniff.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:13 am

I don't know if I ever had your number, we always talked on Skype. I still want to sex you up vocally of course.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:48 pm

Lol you never gave me your number, homo! I thought my desire for your man-meat drove you away :(

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:52 pm

I was speaking to my Douglas, shoo fly.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:55 pm

Gormal wrote:I was speaking to my Douglas, shoo fly.

So was I, cutie-pie.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:57 pm

Hmm, didn't expect the thread to go in this direction, but ok :D

I don't want to soak the Toril BBS in my tears, but I've got to admit, it's a pretty entertaining story. So check this out.

Last November, Emily fell in love with a guy I've known since high school. He kissed her and told her he was in love with her one night, and when I demanded that she stop seeing him, she refused. For a couple weeks, she paid me lip service about wanting to work things out, but she started lying to me to see him almost right away. I kicked her out twice, and both times she begged me to come back. But she was miserable, she wouldn't acknowledge me or talk to me or touch me, so the third time, I told her to leave and not come back.

That was a Friday.
On Monday she moved out of my house.
On Thursday, she got pregnant with his baby.
Two weeks later, he bought her a house, and they moved out of his apartment and into their house together.

Ain't that some shit?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Emily turned out to be a whore... lesson learned. Women are crazy and stupid.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Sounds similar to something I went through, but to a greater extent. Did she ever give you a reason for this, or was it the "I still love you, but I'm not in love with you" line? So what's your plan now?

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:16 pm

Kifle wrote:Sounds similar to something I went through, but to a greater extent. Did she ever give you a reason for this, or was it the "I still love you, but I'm not in love with you" line? So what's your plan now?

Eh, we had problems in our marriage, and she ultimately had unreasonable expectations of what our life would be like.

My plan now is to get back to doing the shit that I enjoy. I'm back on the Warcrack for now, but I don't plan to make that a permanent thing.

You just pick up and move on, and get back to being your own person.
- Ragorn
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:45 pm

Well, good luck to you on that. In my case I ultimately found problems with myself and fixed them. I think our relationship is better now, but sometimes it just isn't an option. Sucks to hear it, man. I think it took about a year after the incident to finally get back on track, but it was worth the shit inbetween -- especially considering the kids. Just make sure the shit doesn't touch them as much as possible. I know my kids were pretty messed up for a long time -- even after I moved back in.

You should come play Lotr with me. It's pretty lonely over there.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”