Battlechanters

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Battlechanters

Postby Disoputlip » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:48 pm

To me Battlechanters are now just a cheap ripoff from Bards.

The change made so battlechanters now use Int+Cha is not very orc like.
It used to be Wis+Str. Why was it changed.

The whole Int+Cha is also deluted because where Bards can wear Mage+Rogue eq then Battlechanters wear cleric+rogue eq. there is much +wis cleric eq, but not as much +int eq.

Str is also more important in orc society than Cha. Might is right, and you are wrong.

Any admins that want to toss their 5 cents on this class? Is it just half done, or is it as intended?

/Gakka Boom
Iyachtu
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Iyachtu » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:52 pm

Well, I was the one that did the revamp of the class, so I guess I'll chime in.

When the stat was switched from wis to int, it APPEARED to the players that this was a major change. In actuality, it has very little impact on gameplay. The reason this statistic was changed was because the skills have always been listed under Intelligence, and players complained that since their primary stat was wisdom, they felt they were disadvantaged.

The section in practice that lists this basically shows you that in order to NOTCH the skill, this is the primary statistic. That's it. The code checks in various other places, but never really uses the same thing that practice does.

In reality, charisma has always been the primary statistic for battlechanters, ignoring stats that affect melee (which they're not particularly good at anyway). This hasn't changed since Battlechanters were implemented originally on S3.

Anotherwords, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”