Relo: A, B, or C. There is no D!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.

Which?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:26 am

A) Reduce relo failure percentage
25%
B) Remove failed relo lag entirely
25%
C) Both A and B
50%

Total votes: 20
Sesexe
Sojourner

Relo: A, B, or C. There is no D!

Postby Sesexe » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:26 am

spellcast teleportation (master) (99)

It appears that this seems to work in opposite ways. The higher it gets, the worse it behaves. My 44th invoker with 86 teleportation fails her relos SIGNIFICANTLY less times then my 50th invoker with maxed skills.

I'm really holding back just how much this spell irritates me. I've re-written this post 4 times now.

I really hope something can be done about this and soon. +!
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:20 pm

I vote D. do nothing

Unless of course theres something in the code that indeed makes it so that level 50 teleport fails less than level 99 teleport. The idea of the spell is so you get smacked down and killed if you fail relo in say CC or forgot pgas/fly in smoke.

What might be intresting is something along the lines of the following. Mages of WD and DK (or normal ht's), sick of failing relocate have banded together and through many magical incatations created a room where you will not fail relocate. So there'd be a room in each of the primary ht's with relocatable casters, that would be a no fail to relocate from that room.

Or can remove the reloc lag and add the teleported into wall instadeath feature but I doubt that'd go over well.
You petition 'question if someone is free up there.'

Shevarash responds to your petition with 'Sorry, the Immortals are currently busy downgrading Rangers and Evils. Please leave a message at the beep and we'll consider downgrading you, too.'
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:50 pm

I say reduce the lag period, but instead of it teleporting you to a random room in the current zone when you fail, make it a random room on the mud (excluding some choice zones of course to prevent twinking). And in addition, reduce the chance of failure a bit.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:08 am

lets just make it a !lag !fail !limit innate
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:58 pm

Delmair Aamoren wrote:I say reduce the lag period, but instead of it teleporting you to a random room in the current zone when you fail, make it a random room on the mud (excluding some choice zones of course to prevent twinking). And in addition, reduce the chance of failure a bit.

I always wondered why on a fail, it doesn't also have the chance of teleporting you to a random room in the target zone (in addition to the teleport to a random room in the source room). Could make for some interesting CR's. :P

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”