a serrated war-axe encrusted with frost (magic)

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Keran
Sojourner

a serrated war-axe encrusted with frost (magic)

Postby Keran » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:04 pm

Was just wondering if this weapon is working properly. Also, if you ID it there seems to be something wierd going on. As far as I can tell it has 2 procs. One random damage proc, and another small damage proc on an occassional parry. Is this the be all end all for this weapon? I heard it might be fubared.

Thanks,

Toarn
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:10 am

Ditto that. It's ID is broken and I think, while generally very cool idea, that the procs are broken. I'll explain why:

Proc 1 is based off of parry.

Proc 2 is based off of Riposte.

(that info is from testing it out)

The combat code checks to see if the mob hits your AC before even trying to check parry/riposte, so you rarely get the chance to parry/riposte and thus rarely get a proc.

I didn't realize this until I turned off the condensed code and watched my warrior fight mobs of various levels. Of course, it makes some sense not to bother parrying if the blow is nowhere near you. . .but then if parry/riposte is when the proc goes off, then it needs to have the chance for the proc go waaaay up, as parry/rip will not happen nearly as often under this code scheme. At least, that is the way I see it =)

Also, ,the axe is broken in another way. (should be on the Big Board in the Sky) =)

Thanks!

LoSt.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:18 pm

Well, I can attest to the fact that the ID aspect of the axe has been looked at, fixed and will be in at the next opportunity. (Note: NOT next reboot) As for the other aspects on the proc, that discussion I can't contribute on. You'll need to speak with the zone creator to address those.

As for the other, I'm looking into it when I can.
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:30 pm

' blizzard. Nothing seems to happen

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”