EVIL CLERIC

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Wulv
Sojourner

EVIL CLERIC

Postby Wulv » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:30 pm

:twisted:
I'm going to make an evil cleric...I'm just trying to get a feel for which of the two the EVIL community think would be more helpful.

Duergar or Yuan-Ti

Your thoughts are appreciated...

May the Dark Force cripple an elf...
Birile
Sojourner

Re: EVIL CLERIC

Postby Birile » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:40 pm

Wulv wrote::twisted:
I'm going to make an evil cleric...I'm just trying to get a feel for which of the two the EVIL community think would be more helpful.

Duergar or Yuan-Ti

Yuan-ti have the best wisdom in the game. I've seen them toss full heals off quick as lightning while any other race in the game doesn't even come close. That is uber.
Wulv
Sojourner

Postby Wulv » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:50 pm

Can Yuan-Ti enter the hometowns of the Duergar or Drow?

Having never played a yuan-ti before I wondered on this...
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:21 pm

Yuan-ti clerics are really good, and dont have the damn ultravision.

Only thing nice about duergars are the 400+ naked hp. But eq makes up for that I guess.

Yuan-ti can go into all evil towns. (well, slither anyway, they are half man, half snail or something)
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:42 pm

Duergar or Yuan-Ti

In all seriousness, be a neutral human cleric, Wulv. That way you'll have twice as much luck finding groups and players to level up with, and then zone with as well. I say an recommend this because, well, you'll probably stick with it that way. In otherwords:
New Evilrace + New Cleric = short lived character life.

So don't completely cut yourself off from your friends when trying out the class, go with a human, and stay in contact and have best of both worlds.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Wulv
Sojourner

Postby Wulv » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:55 pm

I had thought about a neutral human so that I could do such EVIL/GOOD things like cast both Dispel Evil and Dispel Good / Unholy Word and Holy Word...

But for some reason I was thinking that neutrals don't get to use Holy/Unholy due to balance issues...

Any comments on that...

On a side note....Can Yuan-Ti Illusionists ride their Phantom Steed...says they can't ride mounts but I wondered if this is an exception?

Anyways...thanks for all the good information
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:10 pm

Don't think neutrals can cast either of the holy or unholy flavors of word.

And Yuan-ti illusionists get a phantom lizard that they can ride, I believe.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:14 pm

chandigar wrote:Don't think neutrals can cast either of the holy or unholy flavors of word.

And Yuan-ti illusionists get a phantom lizard that they can ride, I believe.

True, but said human doesn't have to be neutral, he can be evil aligned and get unholy word atleast, no?
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:29 pm

the question on long term interest and life of the char is why you are rolling an evil race / groupable char.

If you just want to have a cleric that can group with evil race, yuan-ti is the hands down best cleric in the game, elf agility with significantly more wisdom than any other race in the game. Also a less eq slots to worry about, however a hell of a lot harder to get prots on account of squeezing the same # of prots into 4 less eq slots in particular having no ears.

Duegar is a reasonable choice, however, you do not undestand annoying until you can not see/who/tell to players who are in the light, let alone having to choose exp zones based on being able to see (no DS for you). To their credit, more hps (50 + 4 eq slots), innate invis (can save your ass, but invis potions abound), innate enlarge/strength (good for dragging and adjusting size for being or not being bashed).

If you want a char that will get invited to zones and exp groups often, evil or neutral human is a winning choice as it has 0 grouping restrictions. I choose evil cuz its easier to maintain the alignment and a lot of warriors are evil making divine blessing useful.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
rarlaj
Sojourner

Postby rarlaj » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:37 pm

not to mention... getting ress then moving back to the goodie side and never playing your ressing evil cleric....

R
Rarlaj - Athiyk Cretok - Orbdrin D'oloth
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:33 pm

heh, the fact that i choose an evil human cleric, who can't wear dscale robes, should say a lot considering I have a 50 yuan-ti cleric who can group with evils and I fuking hate dragons.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:18 am

gee both kiryan and i have evil ressers and we play primarily goodies now

doesnt mean we wont log our evil ressers on on occasion (as a matter of fact both Kiryan's clerics have ress .. and my second is sorta close too ..so there)

dont throw accusations where they are not needed rarlaj ... the question was which evil cleric to play .... let the topic continue

thanks
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:59 pm

Ambar wrote:gee both kiryan and i have evil ressers and we play primarily goodies now

doesnt mean we wont log our evil ressers on on occasion (as a matter of fact both Kiryan's clerics have ress .. and my second is sorta close too ..so there)

dont throw accusations where they are not needed rarlaj ... the question was which evil cleric to play .... let the topic continue

thanks

I'd have to agree with Rarlaj, while yes you do sometimes log your evil cleric on when asked to help you mostly only do so to rez quick chat then log. Albeit that is a step above most evil clerics who never even log on... ever.

Also I think that Rarlaj's statement was a general one not directed at anyone in particular but just a rather generalization of what happens to our clerics.

But yes to get back on track, I'd roll a yuan-ti cleric over a duergar. Ultravision would be nice if there were more zones worth doing in the underdark. But there aren't so we're force onto the surface, making ultravision a drawback rather then a bonus.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:29 pm

im available for zones on either side of the fence, thats the point of being human.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:48 pm

nod ndo once again was hella early and i was pissy cause i woke at 1AM wide awake :P

just switched shifts from nights to days monday .. body refuses to adjust :(
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:06 am

Duergar or Yuan-Ti

There's a newbie document for evilrace clerics and a long-standing thread on the forum that discuss why some clerics think Yuan-ti is, hands down, the best evil cleric class.

That being said, if you enjoy the RP of being Duergar, don't let power playing interfere with fun.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Sservis
Sojourner

Postby Sservis » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:36 pm

Yuan-ti or Duergar?

Master race or upgraded dwarves with ultra?

I choose the master race! Yuan to rule them all.

On a more serious note, while I think you should be yuan for all classes that can be yuan [only possible exception, drow lich], it is cleric where yuan-ti really shine. The evil race cleric comparison is hands down slanted towards yuan-ti.

duergar clerics get 50 hp, 2 extra str notches, ultra vision, 4 extra slots, and a better word location
vs
yuan clerics get 3 extra agi notches, 6 or 7 extra wis notches, 5 or 6 extra int notches, infravision, amazing innates, a tail slot, and a hometown you can't visit unless you're yuanti.
Gura ASSOC:: 'man im such a prick'
Gura ASSOC:: 'but im so good at it'
Gura ASSOC:: 'especially when im right'

Shar responds to your petition with 'do what we do. just stop listning to gura :P'
rarlaj
Sojourner

Postby rarlaj » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:00 pm

sorry to hijack the thead again...

Orcs are tolerated in Hyssk...

R
Rarlaj - Athiyk Cretok - Orbdrin D'oloth
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:52 pm

rarlaj wrote:sorry to hijack the thead again...

Orcs are tolerated in Hyssk...

R

Everywhere in Hyssk people would actually want to visit, anyway.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Donuktanam
Sojourner

Postby Donuktanam » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:41 pm

Heyas,:) Yuan's are quite a lot better than the rest of other raced clerics in my opinion.Yuan's have the ability to see in the day and have better stats.The ability to see in daytime is pretty valuable ,:) Only drawback is Hyssk is a pain,duergar and dk are pretty ez hometowns to navigate,:)

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”