Toril and GTA :p

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Ihazim
Sojourner

Toril and GTA :p

Postby Ihazim » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:22 am

Will toril ever implement a system where there is an ultimate storyline to the game? For example a new player comes into the game with a purpose, a progressing storyline. Sure you can make one for yourself or whatever but a lot of games offer a storyline and on top of that, the ability to do what you please in the mean time. Games like grand theft auto, Fallout 1 and 2 are somewhat like this. You start off the game and each Quest that's available can be looked up and completed. Usually they start off by getting you acquanted with the game but ultimately there is an "end" but you can continue to play in each of these games if you wish.

Toril's ultimate quest can be a storyline to tiamat :p. Or maybe the storyline could be fashioned after the campaign.

flames please :p
Yarash
Sojourner

Re: Toril and GTA :p

Postby Yarash » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:57 am

Ihazim wrote:Games like grand theft auto

In Toril, respect is everything...

*techno music begins playing, camera shows an ogre punching a paladin and stealing his horse*

(couldn't help myself ;)
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:51 am

I really like the diversity of interests or definitions of 'reached the top' having a more open game set in the FR world offers.

At the most basic level you have that you start at level 1 practically naked and need to reach level 50 and put some pants on (most of my guild still working on pants) then you have all sorts of other folk interested in makin the most money, RPing, having the sexiest ansi, being the best tank, being the worst ranger etc etc... I don't think an enforced story with a top challenge would do anything to secure new players or keep old on a practical level. I do like Yarash's idea tho..... *touch*
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:06 am

Yarash wrote:

*techno music begins playing, camera shows an ogre punching a paladin and stealing his horse*

(couldn't help myself ;)

We need a Toril: GTA video.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:41 am

moritheil wrote:
Yarash wrote:

(couldn't help myself ;)

We need a Toril: GTA video.

will the toril GTA have Moritheil's on the street corner we can hire, use, then beat up, kill and steal back the money??

whee!
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:33 pm

Ambar wrote:will the toril GTA have Moritheil's on the street corner we can hire, use, then beat up, kill and steal back the money??

whee!

Thief! Stole my idea watching me play!
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”