Magma Loot

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Gormal
Sojourner

Magma Loot

Postby Gormal » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:19 pm

Thanks to whomever upgraded the equipment on Magma, it needed it. However, I was very dissapointed that the crown was taken out of the game. The armor is now inaccessible too because of that. Was the crown deemed overpowered or what? The armor? Magma really needed a fifth nice item for the time/difficulty of the zone. Could we please have the crown reinstated?
Shevarash GCC: 'Are you going to be confrontational to me everytime I answer a question on GCC and you're at keys?'
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:43 pm

Heard that some of items/mobs on magma are rare.
How is your goat?
You group-say 'who is da red shape?'
A red shape group-says 'I'm a shape'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:17 pm

Can we please get an areas comment on this? There was no notice in the news when the zone was changed at all, I'd be curious to know if there's anything else you changed. More so I'm curious to know why 3-4 people get top tier items that are now unattainable.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:30 am

oteb wrote:Heard that some of items/mobs on magma are rare.
How is your goat?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:51 pm

Gormal wrote:More so I'm curious to know why 3-4 people get top tier items that are now unattainable.

Yeah, kinda like surturs with restrung stats...
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:15 pm

Kifle... god you're just such a moron. Do us all a favor and throw you computer out the window, kthxbye.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:07 am

Gormal wrote:More so I'm curious to know why 3-4 people get top tier items that are now unattainable.

It's a valid point, but I think Kifle wasn't wrong in thinking you shoulda been the last person on the mud to make it.

*shrug*

Wutever. Blast away. Who cares.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:53 am

Gormal wrote:Kifle... god you're just such a moron. Do us all a favor and throw you computer out the window, kthxbye.

How am I a moron because I'm calling you out for bitching about something you of all people are most guilty of? I think I'm quite justified in making my remark no matter how it came across. Go look up moron and we'll see who better fits the definition...kthxbye.

P.S. I promise to throw my computer out the window if you do us all a favor and promise to be right under the window...

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:35 am

This may actually just be an application of the completely not unique idea of having unique items.

You know, one-of-a-kind? Or something like that.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:31 am

Kifle/Sesexe - If you so desire, you may contact me privately to discuss my crown. But only if you know the stats after its downgrade. Otherwise feel free to remove your heads from your hind ends and let the big people talk.

Before my thread was hijacked by ignorant newbies, I had a valid point and a real question. Can we please get the thread back on track?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:38 am

Kifle wrote:

Did you ask for Tiamat ever Kifle? It's the same story. 3-4 people get top tier items that are now unattainable. If you ever asked for Tiamat, you are in the same boat as Gormal. Damn... Canadian already eh?

So what's the new stats on the crown? If good, which god's mortals got it?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:13 pm

Dalar wrote:Damn... Canadian already eh?

Ouch :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:33 pm

Both of you hush.

And Teflor... I have a beautiful old-style flaming earring that I wear proudly... no matter who might snicker about it.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:48 pm

Gormal wrote:Kifle/Sesexe - If you so desire, you may contact me privately to discuss my crown. But only if you know the stats after its downgrade. Otherwise feel free to remove your heads from your hind ends and let the big people talk.

Before my thread was hijacked by ignorant newbies, I had a valid point and a real question. Can we please get the thread back on track?

I really don't care that much about your crown gormal. Honestly, I thought you earned it and had nothing against it then, or now, for having it. *shrug* But, it is the fact that you have something noone else can get, ever, and now you're upset because others have this luxury. Eventho your point is valid, and a good one, it's because of that fact, you should have been one of the last people to mention it.

Hypothetically that's about as hypocritical as me getting upset that other people can get re-strings.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

So now you're also upset because no one announced that magma got eq changes? Last time I can remember Cyric doing any kind of zone stat announcement change on the board was around Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:14 am for Hulburg. That's almost a year ago.

They've tweaked things here and there since then, but wasn't aware they were doing mud-wide announcements anymore. Nor am I aware of players getting private mmails on such things, and would definitely frown upon it if this was true. If they've been doing gechos on the mud about things like this, then I've been out of that loop as well.

But wutever. *shrug*
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:33 pm

Gormal wrote:Kifle/Sesexe - If you so desire, you may contact me privately to discuss my crown. But only if you know the stats after its downgrade. Otherwise feel free to remove your heads from your hind ends and let the big people talk.

Even though Sesexe put it pretty nice, I have just a bit to add. You, even if your crown is downgraded now, had an item nobody else had or ever could get. At the time, you saw no reason why this should be any different. Now that you are sitting on the other side of the fence you are upset? It's hypocritical, and now you are just acting as if I have no Idea how the game works when you are obviously oblivious to reality. Get with the program goat boy. If this comment came from somebody else, I would have agreed with them straight out, but I feel, as do a great portion of the players that know about your item, feel that you have no ground to stand on in discussions like this.

Added to your hypocricy is the fact that you were gone from this game during some of the most drastic changes. Now you seem to think I'm the newb because you were signed up on the board a year before me? By some use of flawed logic you must feel as if I haven't been here since the original Toril. Do yourself a favor. Stop attempting to be superior because of ptime, or activness, or other such poor quantities. All it does is makes you look ignorant and adacious.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:36 pm

Dalar wrote:
Kifle wrote:

Did you ask for Tiamat ever Kifle? It's the same story. 3-4 people get top tier items that are now unattainable. If you ever asked for Tiamat, you are in the same boat as Gormal. Damn... Canadian already eh?

So what's the new stats on the crown? If good, which god's mortals got it?

Dartan, how does it matter if I ever asked for Tia? I didn't say I didn't agree with his position on whether or not there should be items like this in the game, I was only making fun of him because he has no ground to stand on, he is being hypocritical, and I find it ironicly humorous. And yes, if me being able to point out hypocricy and being able to use much better reading comprehension than you and gormal makes me canadian, then yes, I guess I am...and damn proud of it.

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:01 pm

lets get back to the meat of the matter.

we dont like fuking artifacts and uniques please get rid of them by reimping the zones you took out (tiamat) and stop taking quests and items out of the game without reimping them somewhere else.

Restrings are another matter.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:34 am

Thanks to Eilistraee for checking into this. Its nice to know that someone who's not a complete Kifle...err moron reads the boards.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:40 am

Gormal wrote:Thanks to Eilistraee for checking into this. Its nice to know that someone who's not a complete Kifle...err moron reads the boards.

Dude, you still can't grasp the concept, can you? You are in no position to call anybody a moron. Seriously, did they labotomize you while you where getting cornholed in the navy?

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:59 am

This is my last post in this thread since the issue is handled, but I'd just like to note that I would never wear the crown from magma or the armor it can be quested for. Why then should I care? Oh that's right I actually lead zones to equip other people. Go harass someone else with a unique... yes there are plenty of others that you just don't know about.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:24 pm

yeh agreee it could use another item or two, would prefer even if just something mid level to flesh out the glist beyond 2 items for the time, i don't think it need 3 top tier items to 100% load, (even if it is harder than izans)
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:42 pm

Gormal wrote:Thanks to Eilistraee for checking into this. Its nice to know that someone who's not a complete Kifle...err moron reads the boards.

Please elaborate. Are Eilistraee looking into it now, or did you get some information? If you got some information please share.

/Yog
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:46 pm

I looked into the status of the crown originally, and have looked into who may already have them. I'll talk with areas regarding some action to take regarding it, and I know that Kossuth is also looking into matters.

I can't promise there'll be a public post about it, but I'll talk with areas once I get the chance regarding it.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:21 pm

Not to worry.. Kossuth knows how to 'handle' these sorts of things. :D
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:22 pm

Sesexe wrote:

I really don't care that much about your crown gormal. Honestly, I thought you earned it and had nothing against it then, or now, for having it. *shrug* But, it is the fact that you have something noone else can get, ever, and now you're upset because others have this luxury. Eventho your point is valid, and a good one, it's because of that fact, you should have been one of the last people to mention it.

Hypothetically that's about as hypocritical as me getting upset that other people can get re-strings.

I don't hear anyone complaining about snowflakes.

I therefore must conclude that people only whine when greater stats are involved.

The thrust of Gormal's argument seems to be that:
1. He deserved the crown, turning in a ton of stuff for it.
2. It isn't any better now, so if anything, he was robbed.
3. If there is no real difference, then basically what he got was a restring.
4. Lots of people have restrings.
5. A restring is something anyone can get, as opposed to something no one can get.
6. He is therefore not hypocritical to talk about things that no one can get, because anyone can get a restring, and therefore what he has, anyone can get. Nobody can apparently get tia gear or a magma crown.

I have yet to see anything that addresses his point directly and clearly. Instead this seems to be a carryover of a feud from the miax-era stats.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:26 pm

Actually Mori, the fact that Gormal DIDN'T say, 'No one else can get this and that's wrong' when he did have the Uber Fedora of Dooooom yet now he complains about items that are unattainable is hypocracy. Accepting something as OK when it benefits you then changing your tune when it doesn't is the very essence of hypocracy.

That being said, this particular situation seems very similar to Torin's. After 5? people got one it was taken out, with many others wanting one, but unable to get one. While it's not the End All weapon, it was still a point of contention.
emote Rescuepractice
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:56 pm

Please lock this thread before it attracts more ignorance. Torins wasn't taken out after 5 people got it. The key to the area got messed up by some problem with the area file. Later on all of us had our hammers yanked in lieu of a quest piece which didn't even matter until 2 years after we lost them. Thanks for your insightful input though Salen.

And I was actually complaining about items that were UPGRADED and them removed from the game. Yes, the armor and crown were re-statted and then removed. Oh but wait, this is all about my crown that you're all so freaking jealous of. Go hate on Nilan's mask or something you losers.

Ragorn tells you 'dude if you ponded that crown, 90% of the mud wouldn't have anything to talk about anymore'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:50 am

Salen wrote:Actually Mori, the fact that Gormal DIDN'T say, 'No one else can get this and that's wrong' when he did have the Uber Fedora of Dooooom yet now he complains about items that are unattainable is hypocracy. Accepting something as OK when it benefits you then changing your tune when it doesn't is the very essence of hypocracy.

Exactly...

Also, I thought you weren't going to post in this thread anymore, gormal? So are you a liar and a hypocrite now?

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:31 am

You do realize that snowflake bands are just spider rings right? And that there is a set mud policy for people to earn restrings... So basically, any item I currently posses, anyone else can as well. If my problem is with reading, yours is obviously with "reality". Don't cry to me because you weren't high enough to ever do roots before the belt got changed. Don't insult me because you don't own any restrings and are jealous. Didn't you have a khanjari from before the quest was changed? POND THAT SHIT!

RP Staff: Please remove all RP-related items from the game as no one else could possibly get them. Lintral: I'll meet you at duckpond at high noon so you can toss the necklace in the interest of fairness. LOL!

This is great, I'm gonna have another beer and watch you pound vainly at the keyboard before this thread actually gets locked. I'm also hoping that Moritheil can log in again and pwn you once more.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:01 am

On Mon Jul 22, 2002, Gormal said:

"There are other items floating around the game that you could call artifacts. Items that are no longer in the game that some people have; roots belt, torins, ic rares, etc....its just a feature the game has ALWAYS had...everyone envied the shit out of mplors and waelos' golden eyes but couldnt have them!

No, not everyone can have one...but life just isnt fair sometimes.
"

As displayed in the BBS archived thread under the following link:
http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org/phpBB2/v ... highlight=

On Fri Nov 05, 2004, Gormal now says this:

"More so I'm curious to know why 3-4 people get top tier items that are now unattainable."

So I have an answer to your question why do 3-4 people get items that are now unattainable... You see, "Life just isn't fair sometimes."
Last edited by Sesexe on Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:02 am

just before this thread gets locked, I'd like to point out that it is goats not sheep *touch*..

PS, still agree with the first idea :)
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:28 am

Gormal started this thread by asking a very simple question. Nowhere in the original post does he cry favortism or bemoan that he'll never get one. He asked a question, challenged the risk/reward ratio of the zone (something that you people seem to get in a huff about quite a bit), and tried several times to keep the thread on topic.

In fact, some of the people flaming him have already agreed that the removal of the crown is a problem, but have stated (in as many words) that they're going to flame Gormal for asking about it anyway, just because he's Gormal.

Does this make sense to anybody?

Why are you calling Gormal greedy? Do you think he's posting this thread because he wants a magma crown? I don't even know the stats on the thing, OR on his oh-my-godly crown, but I'll put down a 12-pack that says he isn't asking about the crown so he can wear one. Does Gormal make a habit of screwing people out of bids or loot? Does Gormal freeload in groups and then demand equal bidding rights? Does Gormal steal rares? What is it about Gormal that makes you guys think he's greedy? Because he has a unique item, and he has the stones to ask why another item in the same body slot was removed, an item that he'd probably never even consider wearing?

People need to chill out around here. Get some fresh air, play some Halo 2, smoke a joint, whatever you do to calm down.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:34 am

Ragorn wrote:Does Gormal freeload in groups and then demand equal bidding rights?

Woohoo freeloading!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:15 pm

You know I love both you guys, but you both need to stop. Please?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Kossuth
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Kossuth » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:42 pm

Ragorn wrote:People need to chill out around here.

Couldn't agree more, Rags. Seriously folks, keep treating each other like crap and you'll lose your ability to post. We're just as sick of having to read it as you probably are of typing your rants... actually, we're definitely sicker.

Take your petty bickering elsewhere... It sure as hell isn't welcome here.
Kossuth -- TorilMUD Administrator

Astine OOC: 'ask not what I do to your mom, ask what my mom will do to you'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”