a mithril two-handed dwarven battle hammer

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Sesexe
Sojourner

a mithril two-handed dwarven battle hammer

Postby Sesexe » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:53 pm

Long ago this weapon was usable by just about anyone it seemed. Then the dark times came and it was heavily restricted to Duergar/Evil Dwarf warrior/cleric only.

The weapon was pretty powerful at the time, and many evils used it on their shamans and warriors (pretty much all we had back then) to great effect. The weapon procs fairly often, and with so many combined characters using it in melee, it was a great enhancement to damage. But now evils have a large number of races and classes. It's no longer just Troll/Ogre with the occasional Duergar running around. The MUD itself has an enormous amount of far superior weapons with drastically more powerful procs.

The statistics for this weapon aren't anything exceedingly grand. Not by a long shot anymore. I'd like to see their restrictions loosened up. This weapon is too heavily restricted. In fact, it has more restrictions then Khanjari and doesn't EVEN COME CLOSE to the power of that weapon.

Therefor, please remove the racial restrictions on this weapon, so that it becomes a weapon available to any warrior/cleric.

If you actually have 4-5 warriors/clerics in your group and they want to wield this weapon to vamp up their damage some what, I say let them. They still aren't going to come close to hasted rogues or a voker. (As if)
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:08 pm

But it's really, really easy to get.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:20 pm

But it would be warriors and clerics using it.

Big woop.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:24 pm

Sesexe wrote:But it would be warriors and clerics using it.

Big woop.

But it's still really, really easy to get.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:15 pm

there's a group of 5 or 6 people doing musp invasion right now and ur talking about items being easy to get?
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:55 pm

Gura wrote:there's a group of 5 or 6 people doing musp invasion right now and ur talking about items being easy to get?

That's a whole other issue entirely, in that the hammer's uberness was decreased to compensate a little bit for how easy the item is to get whereas Musp Invasion items have not really been modified in any real way even though the zone is less than difficult. This fact is not a very valid reason to make the hammer better in any sense, even if we're just talking about bits.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:01 pm

Birile wrote:
Gura wrote:there's a group of 5 or 6 people doing musp invasion right now and ur talking about items being easy to get?

That's a whole other issue entirely, in that the hammer's uberness was decreased to compensate a little bit for how easy the item is to get whereas Musp Invasion items have not really been modified in any real way even though the zone is less than difficult. This fact is not a very valid reason to make the hammer better in any sense, even if we're just talking about bits.

Ok look. You've both yet to address the REAL issue of how exactly this is going to make a lick of difference for warriors and clerics (even if every single warrior and cleric in the game has one - which is entirely expected AND anticipated) to use in a group.

Yes the weapon is easy to get. That's not even the issue guys. Not by a long shot. I'm a voker with all spells, and an invoker with no area quest spells who targets in zones. I'm also a enchanted khanjari wielding rogue, and an etched wielding rogue with 40+ damrolls. I'm not intimidated or even REMOTELY worried about the warriors or clerics in a group wielding this pathetic weapon that pales stat and proc wise to NUMEROUS other weapons out there FOR BOTH these classes to do a smidgeon of extra damage. The weapon just isn't anything elaborate anymore. It's sub-par.

If warriors suddenly put down their gythkas, or clerics put down their skullsmashers for this.. I'd be seriously surprised. Considering I have a 46 ressing cleric with a skullsmasher, I don't think I'm going to be one of them anytime soon.

mount dragon

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:10 pm

Then I'm totally lost... if the weapon's that pathetic, then why would you want so badly for certain classes to be able to use it?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:25 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Then I'm totally lost... if the weapon's that pathetic, then why would you want so badly for certain classes to be able to use it?

Not classes, RACES.

And for mid levels.

mount dragon

rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:50 am

It should be usable by more people for the fun factor involved. It would give clerics and some other people something cool to do in fights.
Imis9
Sojourner

Postby Imis9 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:37 am

And hell, that hammer was good for the occasional spank when it would area in a bad place to area...
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:40 am

Being new, here's my 2 cents! How about allowing other races. If you do wield it, a dwarf (non player) has a chance to just hostile you? Seems fitting
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:44 am

that hammer + hitall in lava used to be so much fun.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:37 pm

some people do use it as it is, if you made it so any cleric or warrior could it would rend the other bazillion mediocre weapons in the game even more pathetic compared to this sexy awesome proccing soloable weapon, it is already one of the few weapons with a cool proc that you can be soloed or get in 10 minutes... it would become even worse than the old stock flaming stiletto feature imho....

PS. comparing it to khanjari was just plain rad, upgrade darksteel!
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:46 pm

Sarell wrote:

rofl.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:15 pm

Ya know, if they removed racial restrictions, it would be even further downgraded. You realize what you are asking for? remember the silly
and sometimes ignored formula of item points based on challenge and their relationship to uberness right?
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:28 pm

i think the gods have realized by now that any system should be used as a guideline not a policy(for lack of a better word)

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:21 pm

I was disappointed in the change because it was a fun weapon once upon a time, but moreso because it was a new player weapon. It was not terribly difficult and you could get between level 30 and 40. Now its still not hard to get, but its crap.

Once upon a time people could actually get something nice by themselves and feel good about it.

How does the eq calcr affect low level zoning I wonder...
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:32 pm

Sarell wrote:some people do use it as it is, if you made it so any cleric or warrior could it would rend the other bazillion mediocre weapons in the game even more pathetic compared to this sexy awesome proccing soloable weapon, it is already one of the few weapons with a cool proc that you can be soloed or get in 10 minutes... it would become even worse than the old stock flaming stiletto feature imho....

What's pathetic is how it isn't used at all now. (realistically)

Also, I wasn't comparing this weapon to a khanjari. I was saying that as a person who plays damage classes, I'm not worried for a second about warriors and clerics being able to use this weapon in a group, and that if they did, their contributions via damage would be minimal and would still not put a dent in what damage classes can do. That's it.

I'd be surprised to see any groups (zone or exp) allowing a warrior to put down his bashing shield and blinding ebony to pick up a 2h area proc weapon that can lead to horrible spanks via possible walk-ins.

This weapon was a fun weapon that can really mess things up for a group, that sees absolutely no use now.

I feel the 2h aspect combined with the fact that it's an area proc make this weapon more of a hinderance then a boon. It's a fun toy to mess around with and pull out sometimes for a little chaos, but not much more. If this weapon was made 1h, then the whole thing would need to be changed.

But it's too easy to get. Some races can solo it. It should be downgraded! Well guys, if that's your line of thinking, then I guess we should start on EVERYTHING in the game that can be solo'd. Hrmm.. let's start with the GCD shall we? Hey, it can be solo'd. It's very easy to get. Why not? That weapon doesn't even do an area proc that could lead to bad things. It doesn't stop a class who uses it from being able to do some of their other skills effectively, since it is 1h afterall. Hey, the GCD is even in a !aggro zone, unlike the 2h mithril battlehammer. Come on, let's give GCD a assload of racial restrictions! Wahoo! We can make it um.. oh I know! Good elf/drow only! That way a drow using it is about as likely as a dwarf using the 2h mithril! Yeah!

Now that we have that one covered, what's next on the menu?

Oh! I know! Gythka! That can be solo'd too! Ok, what's the only two races/classes we want for this one?

*eyeroll*

mount dragon

Artmar
Sojourner

Postby Artmar » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:52 pm

Gythka should be, rather obviously, thri-kreen only
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:58 am

Good point sesexe, totally agree.. make GCD !war/cleric to give those dooger warriors and clerics something while still midlevel (mith hammer) since they get a bit left behind. (DISCLAIMER: all the dooger clerics and warriors I know are awesome) Would beat trying to make all the other mediocre simple but fun to get weapons upgraded. There are so many that don't even have procs! I agree totally that 2handers are just for messing around (or if you are just an awesome stylish warrior and wouldn't use anything else because you don't wan't to be mistaken for an elf) Out of the limited number of people who use 2h weapons, I believe the dooger hammer is one of the more commonly used.

RE gythka: no need to downgrade any 2handers further, they are just for funny jokes anyhow (DISCLAIMER: except pallys)
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”