Make dessicate work at lower temperatures, avernus too cold.

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Make dessicate work at lower temperatures, avernus too cold.

Postby Lilithelle » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:16 am

cast 'control w' warm
You complete your spell...
Someone seems to have control already of the weather here.

< 995h/995H 171v/171V > weather
< 995h/995H 171v/171V > It's mostly clear, incredibly hot, and calm.

< 942h/804H 171v/171V > cast 'dessi'
You complete your spell...
Lack of heat reduces the effectiveness of your spell!

The weather in Avernus had not been controlled already thats the same message for zones where the weather can't be set. So you can't set the weather in Avernus and incredibly hot and calm still isn't enough for dessicate to do full damage. I just tested it on fire plane, also incredibly hot weather and still reduced damage. Alot of the time in muspelheim its reduced damage and it has similar weather. Can we maybe turn down the dial a bit so its easier to get weather where dessicate will do full damage? Even in zones like muspelheim where weather is controlable its difficult to keep the weather that warm.
Lilithelle
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:38 am

all part of their plan to make doodads as useless as rangers. psi's rool doodads drool!
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Lixan
Sojourner

Postby Lixan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:01 am

Interesting dessicate, a heat based attack, is reduced on fire plane. Your in one of the elements of the the spells origins, perhaps it should be enhanced. If you 'control weather' warm on a place such as this, it might be able to extend the temperature rise and stay really warm for a longer time than usual.

I've also noticed some rooms counting as inside when 'control weather' is cast, when they really should be outside, open aired courtyards for example.
Dranix/Straxin
Sojourner

Postby Dranix/Straxin » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:16 am

Funny how its easier to keep Fire Plane cold for Hailstorm than it is to keep it hot enough for Dessicate, though casting dessicate on FP is useless it is still messed up in my opinion. Its not only dessicate that is hard to maintain, all the spells that need the weather to be right need to be tweaked some. For the life of me I cant keep it windy anywhere to get cyclone to function properly and the limit to controlling weather only once a minute to change to favorable you need to cast it about 5 times and in that time youre fighting a losing battle.

The fact that Druids are the only class that have so many variables that determine how much damage their spells does is one of the reasons I dont play my druid anymore. Hell I miss the way they were before the whole "overhaul". Didnt matter if you were in "nature" or if it was hot enough so your spell does more damage than a friggin magic missile. Too many restrictions on most of their offensive spells is just rediculous. Love the fact that we were finally given a spell that is non fire single target....maybe it'll be useful on fireplane so we dont just get to cast one spell cause doom doesnt work on immaterials and the rest are fire spells or too low to pass globe, so that leaves us with the new spell and hailstorm.... wait ya got to be touching the ground to use spiked stones, well thats just wonderful. Dont get me wrong I love the spell, but damn ya throw us a bone and it turns out to be a plastic bone, yeah we're glad we got one but its just not satisfying. But anyways thats stuff for a later rant.
Fotex ASSOC:: 'something's gay here'
Inama ASSOC:: 'its a maxler group, there's a whole lot of gay :('
Lazus group-says 'if you saw me naked, you wouldn't be so impressed methinks'
Rylan ASSOC:: 'the only thing that hurts is my butt'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:07 pm

LOTS of rooms on EM are !nature despite titles of being in a forest (and not on a trail). just a few rooms west of leuth is a good example
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:58 pm

i thought all druids had was moonwell? ok who did it? who upgraded druids without telling me.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Verarb
Sojourner

Damn

Postby Verarb » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:02 pm

Where were you all when i was bitching about this like a year ago. :)
But seriously just remove druids from the roller and leave the old druids for rp purposes or whatever.
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:58 pm

I always said druids sucked, especially elf druids but did anyone listen? NOOOO of course not. Lili just roll a dwarf you know you want to :P
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:06 am

Isn't Avernus supposed to be part of hell?

Just seems to me that some zones are already so hot that dessicate won't function very well...

To me, it makes sense that casting Inferno/Dessicate/Fire based spells in general, wouldn't be as effective in places like Hell, Fire Plane, and even Smoke to a lesser degree. Those mobs are used to the burning heat and SHOULD be damaged more by cold spells.

Just my $.02
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:06 am

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure its just a simple comparison. not hot enough? reduce damage, hot enough? full damage.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”