EQ upgarded because dragons were upgarded

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
kiryan
Sojourner

EQ upgarded because dragons were upgarded

Postby kiryan » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:10 am

I'd like to suggest that we don't upgrade items because dragons were upgraded especially when the dragon in question was a very easy to do dragon. Specifically I'm thinking of rippling longsword, Saks, Jot razor sharp leggings dragon (not gut bag) ect... On a fight like Loki or clouds, I don't really care if items are upgraded since it was a full group thing.

What I would suggest we do to compensate for new difficulty of previously soloable or 2-3 man dragons is add items to offset the new point value of the fight. Possibly even super rare items.

This way we don't create any quasi artifacts (by leaving old items same and adding a new or upgraded item) and we don't pull another khanjari (upgrade the item for people who didn't spend the currently required effort to get it).
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:35 am

It's possible that dragons were only upgraded in order to have them remain as difficult as they were originally intended. If you recall, dragons used to be as difficult as they are now, looking back to lilly's thread about wing buffet and luck as a factor in fighting dragons - but as players have gained both equipment, completed spell quests and what not, dragons have actually become too easy.

Basically, upgrading dragons was a rebalancing move to keep up with the players - upgrading equipment because dragons were upgraded would just put us back to the similar cat and mouse game of catchup.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:05 am

could be, but since i remember soloing dragons in sojourn before scales displace invokers ect I don't think so.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:16 am

am i seeing things, or did you misspell upgraded....twice...in the same line? :)
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:20 pm

8)

Upgarde Kiryan's spelling!
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:43 pm

Yayaril wrote:8)

Secnoded.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:06 pm

rer wrote:

Secnoded.

While yer at it upgrade Rer's spelling too plz.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:04 pm

Pril wrote:
rer wrote:

Secnoded.

Or, just upgrade Pril's humor. :P
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:29 pm

rer wrote:
Pril wrote:
rer wrote:

Secnoded.

Or upgrade Rer's Humor. :p
Vikaz
Sojourner

Postby Vikaz » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:32 pm

Pril wrote:
rer wrote:
Pril wrote:
rer wrote:

Secnoded.

Here's to this quote tree getting Teflored.
V
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:41 pm

Vikaz wrote:
Pril wrote:
rer wrote:
Pril wrote:
rer wrote:

Secnoded.

Here's to this quote tree getting Teflored.

Dammit Vikaz the proper term is Teflorized. Get it right!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:44 pm

Wondertwin powers de-activate.

You guys just totally derailed Kiryan's thread the same way Teflor did yours. Remind me to taunt you mercilessly the next time we're all in Indiana.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:56 pm

Hmmmm... sorry for derailing didn't mean to i thought the thread had finished.

Back on topic:

I agree with Kiryan, upgrading items would be bad because they used to be easy to get. A better solution would be to add new items so that if you defeat the dragons with new code you get a new, better, item.

Pril
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:45 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:It's possible that dragons were only upgraded in order to have them remain as difficult as they were originally intended. If you recall, dragons used to be as difficult as they are now, looking back to lilly's thread about wing buffet and luck as a factor in fighting dragons - but as players have gained both equipment, completed spell quests and what not, dragons have actually become too easy.

Basically, upgrading dragons was a rebalancing move to keep up with the players - upgrading equipment because dragons were upgraded would just put us back to the similar cat and mouse game of catchup.

Sorry Mike, but I actually agree with Dave on this one.

There's no reason to upgrade eq from dragons, because the eq was overpowered for the mob in most cases before. Now, it's pretty much equivalent to risk IMO.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:51 am

rer wrote:
teflor the ranger wrote:It's possible that dragons were only upgraded in order to have them remain as difficult as they were originally intended. If you recall, dragons used to be as difficult as they are now, looking back to lilly's thread about wing buffet and luck as a factor in fighting dragons - but as players have gained both equipment, completed spell quests and what not, dragons have actually become too easy.

Sorry Mike, but I actually agree with Dave on this one.

There's no reason to upgrade eq from dragons, because the eq was overpowered for the mob in most cases before. Now, it's pretty much equivalent to risk IMO.

Chloracrida armor, windsong, kern's quest
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:27 am

Downgrade dragon eq!
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:30 pm

I'm willing to wait until they decide they're completely done with tweaks to dragons, then let them determine valuation of the items, with input from the players. I'd love to see rippling in a better light, simply because he's legend on our Evermeet, and that appeals to me. If they cut the island off, getting a full group of elves to kick his butt might not be the easiest thing to do, but I'm sure if they do that everybody will have an elf in short order, anyway.

Are they done tweaking dragons? I always thought even a baby dragon should be a risky venture with a group, but they don't seem to be.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:27 pm

The red dragon cavern in muspel..... maybe now mask of night can go back to its original stats and not suck complete balls.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”