tiamat still not in game.

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
kiryan
Sojourner

tiamat still not in game.

Postby kiryan » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:32 pm

Tiamat is still out after 4 years.

Would it be too much to ask that someone spend 2 or 3 hours and put the old tiamat back in? I mean its been been a "high priority" and "coming in soon" for almost 4 years. Just put the old one back in until you get around to fixing the new one.

its not like a whole bunch of zones didnt come in way too easy with too sweet of eq then get upgraded in difficulty and downgraded in eq... its not like 4 sets of the eq arent already in the game...

Waiting until tiamat is perfect has meant no tiamat. lets strike some sort of comprimise between perfection and implementation.

just please put her back in.
Last edited by kiryan on Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:35 pm

LOL, with ancients the way they are do you actually think Tiamat would be doable?

Speaking of Tiamat...hey Homelanders...I wonder how Torilites would react to maggots!?
Vikaz
Sojourner

Postby Vikaz » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:38 pm

Burmadapig wrote:LOL, with ancients the way they are do you actually think Tiamat would be doable?

Speaking of Tiamat...hey Homelanders...I wonder how Torilites would react to maggots!?

Iyatchu DEATHOOC SPAM!!
V
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:27 pm

Burmadapig wrote:LOL, with ancients the way they are do you actually think Tiamat would be doable?

I loved those maggots. Especially with the first group walked in there without the proper spell. cough.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:17 am

Toril doesnt have enough whine as it is? :P
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:48 am

Sure it does....Just needs a lil chEEze.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:39 am

Keep yer pants on, its almost done.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:33 am

Seeing as I'm only 400% into level, that's probably not a good thing =)
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:54 pm

Shevarash wrote:Keep yer pants on, its almost done.

Do I have to?
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:10 pm

Vaprak wrote:Do I have to?

Never stopped you before.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:29 pm

I'd say that, since Dragon Code was the last hurdle to bringing Tia back, she's almost here. Wait for Gods to say current things are fixed, then you can go into your 18-24 hour zone expeditions to get smacked around by Tia for a bit before you finally manage to kill her.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:02 pm

If Tiamat does take 12+ hours, can we have some sort of way of saving our progress?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:09 pm

LOL, I'm sure you better plan on spending the weekend with her and stock up on beer and toothpicks to keep your eyelids open. I doubt seriously it would be any less and would hope that she takes far more than 12 hours to do.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:34 pm

Stories that I have heard second hand state that when Tia was in previously, there were usually 30-40 people total involved in the hunt for a total of 18+ hours - people just swapped out as they were able, and all who participated got a bid at the final eq.

Now, I could be wrong, because I have never done that whole thing, or even part of it... Maybe someone who has been there can confirm?
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:06 am

8)

Only Toril could make the act of trying to kill a dragon into a monopoly-esque marathon of endurance.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:28 pm

rer wrote:Stories that I have heard second hand state that when Tia was in previously, there were usually 30-40 people total involved in the hunt for a total of 18+ hours - people just swapped out as they were able, and all who participated got a bid at the final eq.

Now, I could be wrong, because I have never done that whole thing, or even part of it... Maybe someone who has been there can confirm?

on the evil side at least 13 of the 18 items real items were handed out that largely went along guild and seniority lines. * denotes a winner by dice.

Staff Todrael, Zazyg
Valhalla Gura, Gyrx
Divinity Yssilk, Lucuduzer
Boots Baldorak, Lurgo
Isha Krolb, Gromikazer
Amulet Nulutudas, Nilan
Belt Lazzraxxuum, ?
Hole Sslarris*, ?
Dkind ?, targsk*

One of the goodie runs was 100% bid i believe, the other was 90% handout i believe.

the trips were limited to 25 people the first evil run there wasn't much turn over, the second evil run had about 10 person turnover after 8 hours in avernus that went very very badly. The second evil trip reported by Miax to be the bloodiest, hardest and longest was around 18 hours if i recall correctly the first evil trip was i think 14. Both goody trips were significantly "easier" stated by Miax and the first goody trip Tiamat had to be re-configured mid fight because they effectively did her in 1 run she was so easy.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:33 pm

Heh, I seem to remember Miax saying something about the second goodie trip being one of the hardest, because Tia had been reconfigured to be undoable. Poor Touk-jelly.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Dartok
Sojourner

Postby Dartok » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:38 pm

Hmm first time we did Tiamat on Homeland it took 20 hours. Takes considerably less time when everyone in a big ass group has an artifact or two. Put that Tia in!

Allycis
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:02 pm

kiryan wrote:Staff Todrael, Zazyg
Valhalla Gura, Gyrx
Divinity Yssilk, Lucuduzer
Boots Baldorak, Lurgo
Isha Krolb, Gromikazer
Amulet Nulutudas, Nilan
Belt Lazzraxxuum, ?
Hole Sslarris*, ?
Dkind ?, targsk*

Mrizz has the other belt, Ellana has the other dkind (I forget who originally won it 2nd trip). The 2nd portable hole....I forget. Gura could probably tell you.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:29 am

uh frobakhal....xserellex or somethin. ambar could tell u that. and evils last run had the hardest version of tia before she was removed. either way its still kinda lame shes not in. i want my fourth item.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:44 am

Yeah, frobakhal ... gave me the porta when he quit .. then 9 months later came back, took all eq and portable back (complete with a list of what was missing) ..
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:29 pm

and...rokub won the 2nd dkind originally i believe.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:43 pm

Tiamat's still not in the game and we're still here. I don't mind assuming that means there's something about the game we still like, even if Tia's not in. Shev's been working on it hardcore since he came back--knowing this, why're we still complaining?
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:28 pm

Birile wrote:Tiamat's still not in the game and we're still here. I don't mind assuming that means there's something about the game we still like, even if Tia's not in. Shev's been working on it hardcore since he came back--knowing this, why're we still complaining?

Because we ran out of other things to complain about?
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:57 am

bump

Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:17 pm

Even closer to being done. Just have to finish the Gura-specific insta-death procs.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:16 pm

Go SHEV!!!
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:07 am

why bother? not like evils will be able to do her...it'll prolly be in wd and give awesome xp :lol:

sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:47 am

Shevarash wrote:Even closer to being done. Just have to finish the Gura-specific insta-death procs.

all my hard work and lobbying finally paid off.

bow down
Ellana
Sojourner

Postby Ellana » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:58 am

Gura wrote:why bother? not like evils will be able to do her...it'll prolly be in wd and give awesome xp :lol:

Wha? you mean G can't solo Tia? booo. Silly G.
but yay for tia! i'm going to harass everyone to come play with her.
Ssissu group-says 'I have mad skills'
Ssissiv group-says 'its known as the 'combo of the ssissy's'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:19 am

hmmmm maybe. bump!

Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:57 pm

I seem to recall a reply from an imm, who shall remain nameless, stating
that tia would be in "before menzo". And that was all the timeline i could get.
Mind you, this was just after xmas.

Del
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:36 am

Personally I'd hate it to take far more than 12 hours. I'd simply never get to do it and I wouldn't say I'm not a dedicated TorilMudder. I'd rather it took like 60 people 6 hours to do it.

"Only Toril could make the act of trying to kill a dragon into a monopoly-esque marathon of endurance" (Yaya).

... that's just awesome, damn giggling won't stop :P I have absolutely adopted monopoly-esque into my vocabulary. I remember one time during a cyclone (hurricane), my brothers and I were playing monopoly, they were so competitive and it was so epic I was just in agony, so I opened the window, monopoly flying everywhere! It was awesome fun and I got to play 'get chased around the house to avoid being pummeled' for about an hour after that :) good times....
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”