Q: Why does TorilMUD solicit gameplay ideas from players?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Q: Why does TorilMUD solicit gameplay ideas from players?

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:30 am

Why does TorilMUD have a forum for players to discuss gameplay? Reviewing past threads, it doesn't seem that the insight gained is worth the acrimony and hogwash that has to be picked through for everything. Also, why allow players to control the game? Why not just present it and let the players play?
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:33 pm

Where else will I log on to find funny arguments? :P
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:06 pm

Tell me....

what product/project development methodology doesnt put an emphasis on user acceptance testing (UAT)? Everyone does market research before implementation whether its internal projects or the public.

what game company doesn't have a feedback forum or a hotline for comments and suggestions?

If your implying that nothing we talk about gets implemented then your reading what you want to read because I've seen lots of ideas from the forums implemented. % of ideas impd doesnt mean dick any asshole can post here not just game designing geniuses.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:01 pm

Yeah, I was super surprised when I brought up on a thread that dragon roar shouldn't mindlessly make you flee over and over. It was fixed within like a week. May have been timing, but I felt better either way
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:34 pm

When an idea is not implemented immediately, it does not mean the idea wasn't a good one or that it wasn't reviewed and considered by the powers that be. It means that it currently isn't at the top of the list of the myriads of things to do. It may possibly not fit into the BIG PICTURE either. Most of us don't have a clue about everything that encompasses the BIG PICTURE because we are not able to see things we aren't privy to. We need to take that into consideration before we become disgruntled about our ideas either being shot down or not being implemented immediately.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:21 pm

Note: Teflor is a ranger
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”