new idea for melee classes.

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

new idea for melee classes.

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:20 pm

make parry highly based/modified by/influenced by/etc. on hitroll. Your ability to knock a blow aside, in my opinion, should be very closely related to if you can hit your opponent at all. This would also help control the idea that tanks should only wear +hp/saves eq and stand there. (quite boring for the tank imho). With that in mind, decrease melee damage across the board slightly (to compensate for the loss in +hp gear needed). This would give warrior only hit/dam gear a purpose again.

Thoughts/comments/etc. appreciated....

And to clairfy. For those of you who believe shields are what are used for
parrying, they can be. But this mud has a different skill called shieldblock
that has been apportioned for that purpose.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:29 pm

If they did this they would have to figuer in pallie/anti 2h hit bonuses cuz Pril used to run around with a 15 hitroll and hit everything :p

Pril
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:35 pm

Was thinking more along the lines of eq worn, not inherent bonuses. (for instance, also leveling the playing field of all super high dex classes getting 100 dex to help).
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:39 pm

Hmmm only problem is that would disadvantage pallies/anti's who have a 15 hitroll, also the classes with higher dex tend to not have as many hps as dwarfs/barbs so it wouldn't make it overly over-powered i think.

Pril
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:45 am

grey elfs would dodge even better, SHUDDER... tho they would have to lose HP to do it.. interesting...
I dont really get basing it on hitroll, tho anything to add variability to what people were i cant refute!, I'd just upgrade it and keep it based on str stat as it already is, downgrade stats across the board and make people have to work for top stats so we get some variability that way :).. and best yet, bring in another deflecting skills based on hitroll, so warriors do tank mightily instead of just having scales! :)
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”