"Your mount refuses to trample"

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

"Your mount refuses to trample"

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:45 pm

How about it DOES trample instead?
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Re: "Your mount refuses to trample"

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:27 pm

Xisiqomelir wrote:How about it DOES trample instead?

Because knights have a code man. You don't just go trampling a downed opponent!
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:40 pm

Delmair Aamoren wrote:
Xisiqomelir wrote:How about it DOES trample instead?

Because knights have a code man. You don't just go trampling a downed opponent!

Well I guess that applies to Pallies, but Dires and Antis shouldn't be against a little crunching underfoot.

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:25 pm

Dires I'm not sure about, but anti's are still pallies they still believe in a god and are knights, i don't see them doing this.

Pril
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:36 pm

Pril wrote:Dires I'm not sure about, but anti's are still pallies they still believe in a god and are knights, i don't see them doing this.

Pril

They also get the "cause X" spells and their innate drains your life to enhance theirs.. I'm having difficulty seeing where a little trampling doesn't fit in to this. ;+)
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:39 pm

I certainly don't see why you can't trample, since when a mob's dying, you can decrapitate them the rest of the way :P

secondly, you bash as a paladin, then hit them when they're down. Are they saying the mount has a higher standard than the paladin?!
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:46 pm

To swing a sword at a person who's on the ground gives them a chance to defend themselves, trampling the poor soul is just un-knightly.

Pril
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:50 pm

but then a paladin shouldn't be able to finish off a mob who's incap'd
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:51 pm

Just 2x kick damage would be fine (even 1x).

Doesn't even need to stun.

Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:00 pm

I'd just prefer not to see a horse become an offensive part of melee since they can't be attacked.

If Pril hits me, I can hit him back. If his horse tries to trample me, I'm not allowed to try chopping off one of its legs.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Thracx V'staluz
Sojourner

Postby Thracx V'staluz » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:11 pm

Vigis wrote:I'd just prefer not to see a horse become an offensive part of melee since they can't be attacked.

If Pril hits me, I can hit him back. If his horse tries to trample me, I'm not allowed to try chopping off one of its legs.

*laugh*
"Only the educated are free." Epictetes
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:13 pm

Thilindel wrote:but then a paladin shouldn't be able to finish off a mob who's incap'd

Sure you can. Its called putting them out of their misery. Its mercy!!!

Lil
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:57 pm

Exactly. That was the point. Paladins are arrogant, self-righteous fanatics. If evil has caught their attention, they would do anything to bring it to justice, save poison possibly. Trampling would only aid the paladin in making a mockery of said evil.

Sticking with the logic, a paladin has the bash skill. He can use it to knock something prone, then hits it senseless... He strikes it when it is down. Now why can't the horse stomp the crap out of said downed mob? That's the standard I was speaking of earlier. The horse is bound to a higher standard in that it 'refuses' trample, yet the paladin, in doing his god's bidding, is just fine with striking something prone?

So morally, is it this? Horse > Paladin?
If that's true, this should be too...

Horse poo > paladin :P
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:06 pm

Well the mount is granted to the paladin by his god so therefore since it comes from the paladin's god it only makes sense that it be holier than the paladin. And if you want to talk about who's greater, griffons have 2.5k hps :p

Pril
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:30 pm

Vigis wrote:I'd just prefer not to see a horse become an offensive part of melee since they can't be attacked.

I dunno, in arena I always wind up hitting the horse, but maybe that's 'cause I'm short.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:53 pm

Pril wrote:Well the mount is granted to the paladin by his god so therefore since it comes from the paladin's god it only makes sense that it be holier than the paladin. And if you want to talk about who's greater, griffons have 2.5k hps :p

Pril

Trouble is the paladin represents his god. The mount is just there to serve. I think trampling is more than fine, due to the fact there isn't a line of paladins waiting to log on. It's not like paladins are a big force on the mud, let alone overpowered. Seems almost fun for a paladin to believe 'You have crossed my god, now suffer beneath this mount's fecal stained horseshoes!'
vallis
Sojourner

Postby vallis » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:02 am

The horse may have been bestowed upon you from whomever you follow, but you are that horses master.

A horse that refuses my order to trample my opponent should be punished.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:09 pm

I guess all the horsemen in Return of the King were evil for trampling the orc hoards?

I guess every mounted calvary in history consisted of evil people because they'd trample foot soldiers/archers, and hit them with 10 foot long spears from atop a horse?

How unfair. Those evil bastards!

*eyeroll*

Whatever happened to "All is fair in love in war". Let the trampling commence!
Kramel
Sojourner

Postby Kramel » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:26 pm

My guess is a mount won't trample because it doesn't want to trip
vallis
Sojourner

Postby vallis » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:52 pm

Horses are smart enough to step up and not trip over something.

When an opponent is knocked down is the perfect time to run over their face, in my opinion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:48 am

This is actually super annoying from an anti-paladin's standpoint. It fits the way of the AP. If that bastard horse think's he's too good to trample, yet growls at the mob in the same round, as most have seen, it's time to make some glue. Make horses trample pls!
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:24 pm

Bump + I wrote descripts to save some effort for the unfortunate imm who gets stuck with the implementation (sorry!).

First Person - Trampler wrote:You urge $MOUNTNAME ahead, trampling over $VICTIMNAME's prone form!

First Person - Trampled wrote:You are trampled underfoot as $RIDERNAME spurs $MOUNTNAME OVER you!

3rd Person wrote:$RIDERNAME expertly drives $MOUNTNAME forward and tramples over $VICTIMNAME's fallen body!

Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:04 pm

there should be no charge then, because someone might get trampled by mistake. You put blinders on a war horse and you could run it into a wall, let alone worry about it not wanting to step on someone.

Give orcs chariots!! how cool would that be?
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:08 am

i always thought that the reason charge was restricted due to mob poistion was because of the actual act of the charge. If a mount charged a reclined mob, would that not throw the rider off balance and forward?
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:00 am

Without sugar coating it, remove that damned floorbash a room full of mobs do if PC's can't charge while something's on the ground.

"Listen, GLUE, you'll f'g charge or you'll be turned to sticky tape, get it?!"
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:30 pm

Actually.. trained warhorses would have absolutely no problem charging a downed opponent.. even if its just to make sure they don't come from underneath and take them out. It would be part of the training.

If concerned about the whole balance issue, make it so there's a high chance you get tossed til you reach a certain skill level.
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:08 pm

it just doesn't make sense period. You can shieldpunch a downed mob, which is charge. Why'd they code !charge but still can shieldpunch, kick, bash - albeit with lesser chance to hit but still
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:14 pm

Drache wrote:it just doesn't make sense period. You can shieldpunch a downed mob, which is charge. Why'd they code !charge but still can shieldpunch, kick, bash - albeit with lesser chance to hit but still

if you where kneeling or sitting I bet I could do all those things ;)
Kick shouldn't matter the position of the mob

shieldpunch and bash I wouldn't think you could do if the mob is rcl.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'

Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:10 am

lol charge isnt shieldpunch, they may have similar effects, but not the same thing at all.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'

Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'

Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'

Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”