Botting

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Cap'n Lythix
Sojourner

Botting

Postby Cap'n Lythix » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:09 am

Sadet tells you 'which one of the 3 of you narked on me to the gods?'

I must have missed the 'If I bot and get caught, I'll be mad at you' seminar! I know he'd been botting at least 7 hours but hopefully others won't bot. That's just bullshit.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:00 am

So did you rat him out? :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Cap'n Lythix
Sojourner

Postby Cap'n Lythix » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:07 am

no - but my point is if you bot, what the hell do you have to complain about? The rules say you lose 1/2 your levels. He's still lvl 39, so *shrug*
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:24 pm

Bet ya did, you dirty rat ;-)
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:30 pm

Corth wrote:So did you rat him out? :)

Irrelevant, counselor, find another line of questioning.

:P
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:49 pm

funny thats exactly what i said Corth

if you didnt do it, then tell him you didn't do it and to f off. if you did it, well theres the consequence of your action enjoy the bed you made.
Cap'n Lythix
Sojourner

Postby Cap'n Lythix » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:27 pm

Just out of the extreme obvious: If someone is botting, then screw them. I've never botted. There's no 'bed' in reporting some a$$hole who's too lazy to do what I've already done.

So if someone is gonna bot, don't be a bitch and whine when you get caught. Go play some PC game where you can use cheat codes

What's more rediculous is Sadet resumed botting after bitching about it. I guess if you're gonna bot cuz no gods were visible, then more power to him. What a dumbass..but still more power.

Edited cuz I sounded like a big meanie
Last edited by Cap'n Lythix on Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:06 pm

Sadet isn't the first to get caught doing what he was doing. Infact I'm a little disappointed he did get caught because I had assumed the reason for him botting had been corrected several months ago.

Some people were previously punished for the same thing. His own damn fault save for the fact that somehow the fix to this particular case somehow managed to become undone.

Administration/Areas please re-fix this, the change was barely back in a day and botters were back in action just like last time. If you don't know what problem I'm talking about shoot me an mmail and I'll let you know.
Cap'n Lythix
Sojourner

Postby Cap'n Lythix » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:19 pm

It's not that they're back at work as much as the fool just got caught and was right back at it in the same day. Let alone trying to find out how he was found out. Whatever happened to sitebans? Erevan sitebanned my ass just because it was first night I had broadband and I didn't know when you cut link, you were still actively trying to reconnect, so I had been reconnecting all night :P
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:28 pm

Cap'n Lythix wrote:It's not that they're back at work as much as the fool just got caught and was right back at it in the same day. Let alone trying to find out how he was found out. Whatever happened to sitebans? Erevan sitebanned my ass just because it was first night I had broadband and I didn't know when you cut link, you were still actively trying to reconnect, so I had been reconnecting all night :P

Nope, there was a correction to this 6 months ago as I was the one who asked the fix be made back then. In the last week this fix managed to 'undo' itself and immediatly botters showed back up to abuse the situation. I won't go into more detail about what on the bbs.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:35 pm

your right F those evil botter guys.

realize though that there may be consequences and retaliation for doing what is largely considered the right thing and if your the one who turned him in then be a man and own up to it. you choose to involve yourself in the affair now deal with the fallout. if you didnt turn him in your getting pissed off over nothing.

hey wouldn't the more right thing have been to refuse to exp with the robot? What's your punishment for running around with a botter for 7 hours, you enabled him to bot. Silena got deleted but you seem pretty healthy and self-righteous.

if you or anyone else goes out of their way to F with me you can guarantee i will hold a grudge for a long long time... If I get in trouble for breaking the rules because the staff caught me thats fine. If you go out of your way to get me in trouble (or make up rules), thats personal.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:48 pm

I just figured out Im thinking of a different person that started with an S, much apoligies...

Non the less the case I am speaking of is one case of botting I have no sympathy for as it undermines a very important element of this game not to mention sets a very poor example for new players.

I didnt report anyone in this case. I usually leave suspected botters be, but when someones botting effects me personally or people I know, especially on multiple occasions - and I see you botting for days on end I'll be damned if I'm just gonna stand by and let something so blatent disrupt my and others ability to play.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:21 pm

Easy solution, if a botter is following you walk him/her into the displacer beast. If they don't wake up they have 18 hrs to get their corpse. :p

Pril
Cap'n Lythix
Sojourner

Postby Cap'n Lythix » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:29 pm

I wasn't xp'g with Sadet. I just saw he was clearly botting. Kind of like walking to the store and observing something. was clearly botting tho. It's like Duping on Bnet. ruins the market, and takes the fun out of the game for those who do work their ass off to become better. I'm not innately as good as most here. I have to die a lot to learn to quit being welcomed to toril!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:59 pm

botef, how does him botting affect your ability to play.

second, if you want to get involved then go get involved, apply to be an admin. you don't need to go out of your way to get someone else in trouble if its not your job to enforce the rules. social contract and taking ownership, whatever, go ahead report people, but expect people to take it unkindly and personal.

lythix... so what are you upset about. that someone had the audacity to accuse you of doing something you feel is ok? why is that upsetting? because some people disagree with whether or not players should tattletale? Its times like these that a strong answer of "no i didn't turn you in" works a lot better than the self-righteous "well you deserve it and it doesnt matter if i turned you in or not" type answer. the 2nd answer is asking for a debate/fight.

botting does trivialize the "time" investment portion of the leveling process, however it does nothing for "skill" level. a person who botted to level 50 is not the same as a person who leveled himself to level 50 and people can recognize the difference between the two usually. If a person is so highly skilled that you can't tell the difference then why do you want to make them waste their time leveling (in a way that rarely reflects zoning). As far as hurting the game, in some ways it hurts, in some ways it is helpful. it sucks to login and find everyone is afk or lose a group spot to a bot or share your exp spots with a bot, it rocks to have that enchanter alt show up when your at 14 but unable to do the zone you wanted.

personally, i enjoy watching my scripts play my character more than actually playing my character most of the time. its a new challenge for each class and gives me immense satisfaction while eliminating the tedious and boredom of killing the same mobs over and over and over beacuse they are better exp than any others.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:57 pm

The only time I have ever reported a botter was when it was effecting my ability to play and it continued for an excessive amount of time (3+ Days).

In this particular case a player was botting a mob, killing it every pop. The first few times I ran into this player I had no issues, but after three days of him being the same spot, doing the exact same thing I reported him. I also didn't outright report him. I sat, watched, even looted his kills for close to an hour, sending him tells, says, etc. I also didn't just report the botter but also spoke with people in a position to remedy the situation. It was fixed, but within the last week it has 'unfixed' itself and the botters immediatly returned. Sadet was not who I was thinking of, and for that I appolgize.

I'll be damned if I'm going to let something like this effect my ability, or anyone elses for that matter, to play. What especially bothers me about that is it happened in a new players zone, was an obvious explotation, and continued at nausem for quite a few days (With this one specific player, not counting the many others who also botted in the same spot, right on top of this particular botter). It occuring in a new player area, by an obviously older (decked out in nice eq) player is more than anything what sparked my fuse.

Again, I don't involve myself or feel the need to 'narc' on people botting skills, xp botting, etc. None of that has any direct effect on me and my ability to play, nor do I feel its within my realm to report.

But when a player blatantly sits in the same spot for days on end, botting mobs and robbing me and others of the ability to play the game I'm not just going to turn a blind eye.
Cap'n Lythix
Sojourner

Postby Cap'n Lythix » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:06 pm

I don't really see anything wrong with running your char by autoassisting, etc. either. As long as you are at the keys - I usually am USCF or FIDE tournament playing anyway. It's an easy way to make small change. Trouble is when you play 3/0 games and are xp'g or whatever, it gets annoying. Then I have rl behind they screen tugging at me just the same. Zmud does make it nice. What is bothersome is the posts by Shev, Shar, etc that tell these guys to quit botting, but do these botters care? Nope. Yeah, I willingly taunt someone who bots, then demands to know who reported. I don't actively seek out botters at all. Talona does random peekaboo checks on rogues so I've noticed. That's great. On tabletop D&D it'd be same as some guy writing a '1' or '8' in front of his 30k xp to give 130k if the DM isn't paying attention. I'm gonna drop it from here. I don't look for trouble. I found it bad that some guy got pissed about getting into trouble, then mudmails a bunch of crap to fire all my triggers (which I had turned off). I was saying PANIC to make his sorry ass flee, cuz he'd been in the same spot 7 hours. Fun stuff. There are no aggs by him, so nothing to lose. If you gonna bot, get banned
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:49 pm

botef - go find some other mob to kill. he was there first, so what if hes botting? you know at first i took your comments to indicate that you were a very idealistic person, now its obvious that you only reported him because you had something to gain (that exp mob). do you feel dirty now or still righteous cuz botters aren't real people with feelings families kids jobs from which they can't mud ect? rationalize your petty spiteful action by dehumanizing the rule breaking player. Back in hitlers time might you have been right there turning in jews because they were mongrels who broke the law for being jewish?

lythix - the admins have a justice system in place and it starts with warnings then escalates to caging deletion and banning. Do you really want to see the time of mystra come back where she sitebanned people for first offenses and the most miniscule of rule infractions?

im certainly not defending the botter, because its obvious by the discussion that he's a tool, but i don't like all this negativity about botting because i bot constantly, albeit watching the screen which most people find agreeable.

The real point im trying to drive home is that if you get involved in someone else's affairs (like reporting them for rule infractions) expect them to retaliate. its a perfectly natural, logical and justified reaction. Your going out of your way to make trouble for them, expect them to take it personal. If you can't handle the heat, stop getting in the fire.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:06 pm

kiryan wrote:botef - go find some other mob to kill. he was there first, so what if hes botting? you know at first i took your comments to indicate that you were a very idealistic person, now its obvious that you only reported him because you had something to gain (that exp mob). do you feel dirty now or still righteous cuz botters aren't real people with feelings families kids jobs from which they can't mud ect? rationalize your petty spiteful action by dehumanizing the rule breaking player. Back in hitlers time might you have been right there turning in jews because they were mongrels who broke the law for being jewish?

lythix - the admins have a justice system in place and it starts with warnings then escalates to caging deletion and banning. Do you really want to see the time of mystra come back where she sitebanned people for first offenses and the most miniscule of rule infractions?

im certainly not defending the botter, because its obvious by the discussion that he's a tool, but i don't like all this negativity about botting because i bot constantly, albeit watching the screen which most people find agreeable.

The real point im trying to drive home is that if you get involved in someone else's affairs (like reporting them for rule infractions) expect them to retaliate. its a perfectly natural, logical and justified reaction. Your going out of your way to make trouble for them, expect them to take it personal. If you can't handle the heat, stop getting in the fire.

No, it was not for my own gain Kiryan. The mob was buggy and dropping excessive amounts of platinum. He had been there, botting the mob - in a NEW PLAYER AREA for in excess of three days. I didnt just report him to be a dick so I could farm plats or exp, I also reported the error and asked that it be fixed. It was very quickly corrected.

What kind of BS example does that set? That its ok to sit idle botting mobs for plats in the same spot for days on end? Perhaps had it been in a more remote area, at least not in a newbie area. That is the only person I have ever reported. I don't go out of my way, I don't just report anyone I suspect or run into who doesnt respond right away. I reported someone taking advantage of a glitch in a newbie area, who obviously was not a newbie, and who had been doing so for in excess of three days and put an end to a problem that was not only teaching new players a bad habit not to mention being overly abused by multiple people.

If that makes me a dirty self righteous dick than so be it. Comparing me to Hitler is fucking disgusting, and I'm quick frankly a little disappointed you'd say something so low Kiryan. I had a lot of respect for you, but comments like that are retarded, this is a fucking game not WWII.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:08 pm

kiryan wrote:botef - go find some other mob to kill. he was there first, so what if hes botting? you know at first i took your comments to indicate that you were a very idealistic person, now its obvious that you only reported him because you had something to gain (that exp mob). do you feel dirty now or still righteous cuz botters aren't real people with feelings families kids jobs from which they can't mud ect? rationalize your petty spiteful action by dehumanizing the rule breaking player. Back in hitlers time might you have been right there turning in jews because they were mongrels who broke the law for being jewish?

Down, boy. :shock:
Raspor
Sojourner

Postby Raspor » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:00 pm

Let's here from the defendant now...

Botting? it probably appeared that way, but was it?
Let's examine the facts:
Bard singing.
Bard's song skills maxed (this is what happens to bard skills naturally)
Triggers that swap to renew when mana runs out, not much different than a eat when hungry trigger.
So essentially I was afk hurting noone.
Actually I help the number of people online count, but that's another discussion.

Along comes some funny guy who likes to abuse triggers, we'll call him Captain.
Cut to later the day I'm in the cage explaining the above and after let out I notice Captain is on.
So I asked if he narked on me.
He then got all pissy about me asking that.
Later I decided it would be fair to razz him over the trigger abuse since it seemed he didn't nark and razzing him might smooth things out.
Well obviously he didn't see the humor in it, I sure did :)

PS. Captain don't bust a blood vessel over this, it's not worth it.
Oh and if that is you logging in chars sending me childish remarks, please stop.
Cap'n Lythix
Sojourner

Postby Cap'n Lythix » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:31 pm

I haven't logged on for days now so try someone else
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:00 pm

I thought that sadet had reacted like a tool by retaliating with trigger abuse to a verbal disagreement with other players. He informed me that the other player actually was abusing his triggers in the first place. so i may be wrong in calling him a tool, sounds like turn about is fair play.

your the one turning in evil rule breakers... its some of the the same idea german citizens used to rationalize turning in jews. they were bad people ruining the german economy having different beliefs. your the good german turning in the evil jewish botters for justice.
Pisalos
Sojourner

Postby Pisalos » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:15 pm

Someone seriously has their head up their butt comparing any players to nazis
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:20 pm

kiryan wrote:your the one turning in evil rule breakers... its some of the the same idea german citizens used to rationalize turning in jews. they were bad people ruining the german economy having different beliefs. your the good german turning in the evil jewish botters for justice.

Fuck You

I'm not going to respond to this nonsense anymore. Your comparing me, a player of a text based game who on ONE (1) occasion turned in a player who was cheating (after giving said person multiple chances to stop three days prior to doing so) to people who knowingly sent innocent people to their deaths. This is a game not the real world. Your comment is rude, out of line and fucking disgraceful.

I explictly said above that I was referring to one specific case, not all botters, not all kinds of botting.
Pisalos
Sojourner

Postby Pisalos » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:35 pm

*** Current TorilMUD LAWS - these are subject to change at any time.

Read the following related RULES files: HELP MULTI PLAYING, HELP ROBOT

Each character created on TorilMUD MUST agree to read and abide these and all other rules before initially entering the game. Failing to comply with them will result in your punishment.

Role playing is encouraged on TorilMUD, however, you MUST role play your character WITHIN the TorilMUD rules. Claiming that you are only playing your character is not valid and is NOT an excuse.

1. MULTI PLAYING IS NOT ALLOWED IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.
Read HELP MULTI PLAY if you have not. This includes, but is not
limited to sharing characters. You may NOT share characters here on
this mud. All MUDs are different and TorilMUD will have different
rules than other MUDs you play. There are NO warnings if you are
caught multi playing/character sharing, regardless of the
excuse. We will NOT warn you, you will be deleted or demoted,
depending on the severity of the offense. Your site may also be

ROBOTS ACTIONS

A robot is a character that can run independently by triggers and/or
actions through a client such as Tin-Tin or Zmud. Auto actions/triggers
are almost always allowed on TorilMUD, however should you keep triggers running while away from the keys for more than a few moments, you will be considered as running a robot.

For such things as eating, drinking, retrieving weapons, and looting corpses, we have no care, HOWEVER you are running a robot if you leave the keyboard for an extended amount of time while continuing to have character activity which allows you to play the game. If this sounds like something you do, chances are you are running a robot.

DO NOT run triggers while afk that allow you to:

* Practice skills
* Auto-attack mobs
* Cast spells
* Remem/repray
* "Sell" items (using a variable/series) that allow you
to show a list of items for sale, or to purchase or bid
on items for sale in the auction
* Mass tells (using a variable/series)
* "Lead" characters (using an keyname/variable) that allow
you to perform tasks without being at keys via tells/gsays/
says/points/tugs or any other player-prompting
* Auto-fight during initiated combat, ie autobash, autocircle,
autorescue (anything that automatically makes your character
function durring combat without you entering a command)

Note: Performing automated tasks while at the keys is fine and can even enhance role-play and playability of TorilMUD. Feel free to run triggersets while at your keyboard. When you leave the keys, please disable the triggers that allow you to "robot". Failure to do so will only result in an unwanted punishment.

Note: If you feel you have encountered a 'robot' character, please petition up and let the Administration staff know about it as soon as possible.

Note: "Driving" a robot will be punishable by the same means that other robot actions dictate. Should you be caught operating/driving a robot, it could result in deletion, banning, stripping of eq, or several other possibilities.
DRIVING A ROBOT CHARACTER WILL NEVER BE TOLERATED. It is your duty to turn in robot characters, not drive them around.

Note: The spirit of this rule will be enforced. That means if you are doing
something that falls within a robot-type category that has not been addressed explicitly by these rules, you can and will be punished.

These laws are subject to change at any time without warning and may
be amended based on the situation at hand and as unforeseen situations
arise. The interpretation of these rules and how they apply to player
situations is SOLELY at the discretion of the TorilMUD Staff.

The staff of TorilMUD realizes that everyone inevitably will have to step
away from the keys. We understand that real-life obligations will force
you away from your computer at times. We do not expect the impossible, but we do expect the rules to be followed. The staff here is very patient but repeat offenders of this particular rule will be dealt with harshly.

ROBOTS WILL BE PUNISHED!!!

See also: MULTIPLAY, RULES, LAWS, "CHARACTER SHARING"

Kiryan, I'm confused. Are you trying to compare nazi's to players who are bound by the rules? you are defending those who break the rules by botting? If I understood this post clearly, well the entire thread, Sadet was not at the keys at all for hours. Since I am still pretty new (not even level 25) does that open a door for me to set a program up to xp and practice without worry because you say it's o.k.? I don't understand. That's why i am asking.

i don't hink it's fair if someone gets mad at being turned or reported because you are told to by the rules. I'm just cinfused.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:53 pm

Note: If you feel you have encountered a 'robot' character, please petition up and let the Administration staff know about it as soon as possible.

my bad, i guess the rules have changed since I last read them.

I don't ever recall being asked to turn in robots before. I guess that pretty invalidates most of my grievance which is players getting involved in the administration of the mud. However, it still sounds optional being they say please turn in botters where i would stay keep your nose in your own business.

be careful botef, swearing is against the rules. someone might feel comeplled to turn you in.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:37 pm

kiryan wrote:if you or anyone else goes out of their way to F with me you can guarantee i will hold a grudge for a long long time... If I get in trouble for breaking the rules because the staff caught me thats fine. If you go out of your way to get me in trouble (or make up rules), thats personal.

So the rules only exist or apply when you get caught, and if not, then they never existed. Therefore, if I understand this line of reasoning correctly, you are justified in being angry at people who caused enforcement of the rules. Because without them, the rules would not exist. After all, the rules aren't worth any respect. No, we should only be angry/afraid at the people who aid their enforcement.

Sounds perfectly healthy and well-adjusted.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:47 pm

* Auto-fight during initiated combat, ie autobash, autocircle,
autorescue (anything that automatically makes your character
function durring combat without you entering a command)

gee i should turn off my auto rescue next time i zone. and so should all warriors. i bet that would stop the botting complaint. or how about i rmove my auto bash set sothat i can not see the mob stand in combat miss a bash and let the little guy mooching xp eat an area and die.

yep that sounds like something im gonna do.

we all bot you all know you bot. or at least by the posted rules you all bot. so fucking what. a person abusing a glitch i could see reporting for that someone sitting in wd alternating from heal son to renew oh fucking well let ghim skill practice it will save your ass later.

it looks to me like this is just a big i wanna be a bitch fest. so everybody should quit posting and this thread needs locked because there is WAY to much in the hostility here.

small edit.

yes i bot but i do it while im at the keys. after a few hours xp gets kinda boring ya know what i mean?
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:08 am

To clarify, the above example Amolol has referenced is prefixed with 'DO NOT run triggers while afk that allow you to: ' The existence of above triggers is not, in and of itself, in violation of the Botting rules. Those rules are intended to govern a character who's player is not at keys, in window.
Eilistraee
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:23 am

Amolol before you spew stuff please read all the rules rather than reading a little part and jumping on it.

Here's more from the rules:

Note: Performing automated tasks while at the keys is fine and can even enhance role-play and playability of TorilMUD. Feel free to run triggersets while at your keyboard. When you leave the keys, please disable the triggers that allow you to "robot". Failure to do so will only result in an unwanted punishment.
Maxler
Sojourner

Postby Maxler » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:15 am

amolol wrote:
yes i bot but i do it while im at the keys. after a few hours xp gets kinda boring ya know what i mean?

dude, if your at the keys, your not botting.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:03 am

pril i am very aware of that point. i was making a point as to how asinine the thread has become.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:43 am

amolol wrote:pril i am very aware of that point. i was making a point as to how asinine the thread has become.

what was your point then hun :P

A bot got in trouble, broke the rules .. some feel free to interpret the rules so that when THEY do it it is ok, unless someone turns them in, THEN it becoems personal. *shrug*

Honestly all rules get brokenl, all rules get twisted around to *I didn't know*

Driving a bot rule has been in effect for YEARS. One of the evil tanks got pissed at me cause I wouldnt lead his warrior around botting it "If you want a tank and want exp, you'll do it" ... If you have been around more than a couple years, you KNOW. If you get caught, suck it up .. People get caught eventually, thewy slip up .. somehow .. whether it be in a major zone or botting xp, they get caught ... suffer the consequences, move on .. end of story.

If you have performed any *shady* actions and have questioned it, you have PROBABLY reviewed *help multi* *help bot* files.

Think we need Corth to move in and "Kossuth" this thread.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:24 am

Botef wrote:
kiryan wrote:your the one turning in evil rule breakers... its some of the the same idea german citizens used to rationalize turning in jews. they were bad people ruining the german economy having different beliefs. your the good german turning in the evil jewish botters for justice.

Fuck You

I'm not going to respond to this nonsense anymore. Your comparing me, a player of a text based game who on ONE (1) occasion turned in a player who was cheating (after giving said person multiple chances to stop three days prior to doing so) to people who knowingly sent innocent people to their deaths. This is a game not the real world. Your comment is rude, out of line and fucking disgraceful.

I explictly said above that I was referring to one specific case, not all botters, not all kinds of botting.

Wow, dude, seriously...are you jewish or something? Did somebody wizz in your chex this morning? It was not a direct comparison, and you've made yourself look like a woman in menopause that forgot her estrogen for about a week. Seriously, there's a big difference between a direct comparison and an analogous one. It is quite apparent that the case was it was not a direct comparison. That being the case, Kiryan was not calling you a nazi or a jew, but only comparing the relationships.

Sheesh, some people forget that reading words is not the only thing that goes into reading -- it also requires thinking and comprehension. Hrm..."reading" + "comprehension"...hrm...Oh, I know...reading comprehension! Use it.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:51 pm

I'm turning you all in the next time I log on.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:49 pm

Maxler wrote:
amolol wrote:

dude, if your at the keys, your not botting.

This thread is endlessly amusing to me.

And you can be considered a robot when you are at the keys.

3nj0y....
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:55 pm

You OOC: 'everyone is botting'
You OOC: 'pls delete everyone'
You OOC: 'stop botting ashiwi.'
You OOC: 'i know you've got like a 19 man group down there.'
You OOC: 'ruraz, why you got to be botting?'
Siamorphe OOC: 'Teflor, STOP IT. It's not funny, and not welcome here.'

This thread is awesome.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:57 pm

Botef wrote: I also didn't outright report him. I sat, watched, even looted his kills for close to an hour, sending him tells, says, etc. I also didn't just report the botter but also spoke with people in a position to remedy the situation.

Sounds to me like you were violating the rules too! looting his kills is a no-no!
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:03 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:Siamorphe OOC: 'Teflor, STOP IT. It's not funny, and not welcome here.'
This thread is awesome.

What part of teflor is welcome? or funny for that matter?
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:43 pm

You tell me.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:46 pm

Delmair Aamoren wrote:
Botef wrote: I also didn't outright report him. I sat, watched, even looted his kills for close to an hour, sending him tells, says, etc. I also didn't just report the botter but also spoke with people in a position to remedy the situation.

Sounds to me like you were violating the rules too! looting his kills is a no-no!

I would have been deleted because...

A) Person x was botting kills
B) I looted person x's coins, making me a robot

...I need a new hobby
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:32 pm

Maedor wrote:
Delmair Aamoren wrote:

...I need a new hobby

How about
C) Looting others kills is illegal, and not at all related to botting.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:34 pm

As Maedor's legal representative...

We plead the 5th.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:51 pm

Delmair Aamoren wrote:
Maedor wrote:
Delmair Aamoren wrote:

...I need a new hobby

How about

D) The humor in my statement is that I'm always botting...even when I'm not
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:52 pm

Delmair Aamoren wrote:
Maedor wrote:
Delmair Aamoren wrote:

...I need a new hobby

How about

D) The humor in my statement is that I'm always botting guilty of botting...even when I'm not
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:40 am

Maedor wrote:
Delmair Aamoren wrote:
Maedor wrote:
Delmair Aamoren wrote:

...I need a new hobby

How about

D) The humor in my statement is that I'm always botting guilty of botting...even when I'm not

All hail the bot master! All hail Maedor! *worship Maedor*
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:52 am

Don't be jealous because I was chattin with babes online, Pril.

Why don't you go try out Uncle Rico's time machine or something!

:-P
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:54 am

Greg, come get some ham you fat cow!
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:00 am

mooooo

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”