odd request

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

odd request

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:26 am

I saw in another thread by Sarell about given how the roller makes it a bit better for stats, would older characters be able to reroll and keep xp, etc. I can't find the thread, but what of this? Some of my chars would definitely benefit from his idea and someone told me in the game that Sarell was told to talk to a god ingame. No idea if that were true or not, but I would like the chance to reroll or whatever. *shrug*
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:37 am

ive never heard of god allowing an in game reroll for old characters...

however if you roll a new char level it up, they have several times swapped names for people on the two.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:37 am

I'd be all for that but would hope to he!! that you wouldn't have to re-quest everything.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:00 am

For the record I have not spoken to any gods about the roller or been asked to talk to any. I still think a chance to reroll for new stats on our high ptime characters would be cool to put them on par with newer characters, I like playing at the high end and think it is sad that the oldest charcters can't be as good as the newer ones. However I still reckon what would be even cooler would be to cut everyone's stats in half for a bit of diversity in characters and gear :)

I always laugh and cringe at the same time each time I see someone posting a complaint that they can't roll a perfect character. I just flashback to my little brother playing doom2 in godmode hours on end, I just don't get it.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:05 pm

I think that you should be able to wear up to 110 in +stat gear before you have to use +max_stats. That would put more emphasis on +stat gear
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:16 pm

Oooh... that sounds like an interesting idea.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:28 am

how about just eliminate the + max stat gear and make +stat gear raise you over max (or raise by a factor like half).
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:03 am

Actually, I really like Selias's idea. It would give normal +stat gear a place in the game, even with this infernally cheesy roller we have now, and it would also leave max stat gear with a place above regular stat gear, giving it a greater value and leaving us with the demand intact for an item which should be more difficult to get than a piece with regular +stat bonuses.

Although I don't really think players should be able to achieve more than one perfect score through the roller, even with points to add on after the roll.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:13 am

I believe the roller got dg'd. It doesn't just toss out the stats at all anymore. Just getting 4 mighties on a rogue during a roll is 5 or more minutes between each one last night.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:33 am

It did, was awesome the first couple days though. Got a troll and elf warrior with max con/str/agi and heroic dex, was wild, heh.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:16 am

STR: heroic AGI: perfect DEX: mighty CON: perfect
POW: mundane INT: mundane WIS: mundane CHA: mundane

STR: heroic AGI: perfect DEX: heroic CON: perfect
POW: bad INT: bad WIS: good CHA: bad

STR: mighty AGI: perfect DEX: mighty CON: perfect
POW: mundane INT: mundane WIS: fair CHA: bad

POW: mundane INT: mundane WIS: mundane CHA: bad

STR: heroic AGI: heroic DEX: mighty CON: perfect
POW: bad INT: mundane WIS: average CHA: bad

POW: bad INT: mundane WIS: fair CHA: bad

POW: mundane INT: mundane WIS: average CHA: bad

Can't have been downgraded that much. I disagree with Selias' idea. While I'd love to see stat gear play more of a part, I really couldn't imagine up is the way we wan't to go with stats.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:04 am

There's no chance in hell of it happening anyway. It would require an entire scouring and re-balancing of a lot of eq in the game.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:29 pm

What I'd rather see is players not being able to achieve above a certain mark in their stats without enhancement from equipment. I could see a character so focused on one aspect of their lives that they raise their abilities to what would equate to a perfect in the roller, but that's still a bit of a stretch. Yes, I know D&D allows god-like attributes, blah, blah, blah. If players couldn't get above, say, 85-90 in all but one stat, there would be ample reason to strive for decent stat-enhancing gear, with max_stat gear added on top of that. It would give greater purpose to all that fairly worthless +stat equipment out there.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:23 pm

Maybe when melee/defense spells are balanced. If you forced warrior types to wear stat gear, they'd be screwed for hps or saves (or maybe even prots), depending on which you wanted to wear more of.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:00 pm

DARTAN
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:25 am

I feel that stats need to be emphasized more in the game. I'm curious as to the wisdom scores of the best rogues in the game as well as how often they fail hide.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”