Should there be more after hitting 50th?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
malakwee
Sojourner

Should there be more after hitting 50th?

Postby malakwee » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:35 am

First and foremost, thanks to the owner and all the imms and players who have contributed towards making the mud a wonderful place that it is. Because i do care for the continuity of the game, I would like to bring up the subject matter on the believe that players here need a mean to progress themselves farther after reaching 50th level.

Any ideas?

Equipment is always an ongoing thing... so is learning the mud... but shouldnt there be more to the upgrading of one's character other then repeating the process of having several level 50s? I mean after a while it does get tiring... and for those players who have been playing here for years and years, i bet they do lose a sense of enjoyment after their favoured classes reach their peak.

My first character here after returning to the mud is my necro, and I could not sleep for several nights prior to my completing my lich quest... cos i kept thinking about how it would be to be a lich... but somehow or rather i guess the enjoyment is lacking now that I am a lich... I believe am not alone in feeling this... so lets hear the ideas out. mebbe we can discuss it.

Regards. Malakwee
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:14 pm

Play another class?
Azenilsee - Faern Dalharil
vallis
Sojourner

Postby vallis » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:39 pm

Malakwee's point was that after playing through however many classes/character combinations you want, the MUD can begin to get boring.

We need some kind of incentive to keep going after you've done 50, and quested everything you can, zoned all the zones and have the equipment to show for it.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:40 pm

8)

After playing a whole bunch of different classes to 50, the mud can get boring? That's the natural order of things. I haven't yet found a game that didn't eventually get boring. Sure, muds have longer lifespans because you can chat with people who won't bore you, but the game will eventually be exhausted of things that you find entertaining. You can either wait for new material to enter the game, which will always happen at a slower pace than you can consume it, or you can find something else to do.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:08 pm

Well, I've posted that after 50 you could buy or quest better innate stats. People shot that down.

I've posted that you could quest for !fail spells because after having 1000% into level, quite frankly it's absolutely gay to fail a spell you've used most your career. People shot this idea down. Surprise. Even if you gained 4 points in one stats and lost 2 in another, but still..as for this thread, everybody is hellbent on !change even when the changes offered aren't anything huge.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:09 pm

Yayaril wrote:you can chat with people who won't bore you

I disagree. Pril bores the heck out of me. :P
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:27 pm

Bring back Friday Night at the Fights and other special events, limit them to level 50's with a certain amount of prestige. Rework prestige so its more tangiable and worth having, and harder to get (i.e. less rewarded from xp more rewarded from completeing final fights in zones, etc)

Also, make restrings more available again...

My 2 cents.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:28 pm

the game needs more dimensions.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:02 pm

Birile wrote:
Yayaril wrote:you can chat with people who won't bore you

I disagree. Pril bores the heck out of me. :P

Um... um... um... your mom! yeah that's it... :p

Pril
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:22 pm

I think the real question here is "What's Yaya consuming lately?"

My money's on helium.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
malakwee
Sojourner

Postby malakwee » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:35 am

Several things that could be added:

1) Being one of the lord of a given city, and having to be online a certain amount of time to continue to be that. Give some benefits (monetary is one form of reward... i.e. salary or compensation) to those who have achieved this esteemed position (i.e. an office where he or she can rent at) Maybe in certain cities, position have to be won through battle in an arena. Maybe cities invasion can be planned and they would have to be in their city to defend it or forfeit their leadership.
2) Being raised as an avatar to the gods with certain added advantage. Only one at a time to one god (or one of each class to one god)... have to be periodically contested to find the most worthy candidate... through naked arena battle/ questing/ prestige/ etc? Bringing religion into play could be a fun thing and could encourage a lot of role play too...

Just some ideas.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:00 am

Go max your skills. 50th is an easy accomplishment these days.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:06 am

50 used to be an accomplishment, people used to be in a sort of awe of lvl 50's. Agree with Targsk, max your skills. Challenge your class and post it, see what exactly you CAN do. Write a zone. See what you can do for the mud.

These days any noob can plevel a char to 50, even I have multiple 50's and I am a total noob and not a real mudder anyway.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:10 am

Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:07 pm

Join / make a guild
Lead Magma
Make Gormal Jokes

I don't see how the fun stops?!?!!?

Honestly tho, I think it is what you make of it from level 1 and up! :) I like it as it is, I don't like the idea of avatars and special fandago prestigious titles and themes... YAWN
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:09 pm

Sarell wrote:Make Gormal Jokes

Baaaaaa-aaaa-a-a-aaa.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:58 pm

WoW
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:48 pm

Dalar wrote:WoW

Shouldn't that have been "DARTAN?"

Z
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:18 am

And when those 15 minutes are up?
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:19 pm

Mitharx wrote:

And when those 15 minutes are up?

When 15 minutes are up you probably still have another four hours of patches left to download.

Z
Ulnd/Napex
Sojourner

Postby Ulnd/Napex » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:18 pm

Come on, WoW was good for 20 minutes at least. {snort}
Nokar
Sojourner

Postby Nokar » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:39 pm

There should be more to hitting 50 as well as after hitting 50.

Have a skill cap for gaining a new level.
Have certain quests that must be done before you hit level 50.
Have quests to add to being level 50.
Have added innate abilities quests for level 50's only.
Have added skills that are quest only
Like:
mob specialization-for warrior types
Added spellcast specialization-for caster types
Healing or offensive spellcasting-for cleric types

There should not only be more to keeping level 50 but there should be more to attaining level 50 than just going out and mindlessly killing mobs for hours on end. Each class does their own thing to get xp but the one common thing is just killing mobs of higher level, either solo or in groups.

Level 50 used to actually mean something. Now it is getting more and mroe common for a single player to have 2-3+ lvl 50 alts.

I can understand the logic of having such a small pbase at present time, that one needs to be versatile and be able to have what a group needs at any given point. But what I don't understand is why is it so easy to have so many high level alts.
To make it this easy why not take it one step further and go ahead and allow multi-playing. What would make the difference. Set a cap to how many active characters a player can have on at one time. I would say no more than 2 or 3. Yes this would make gaining levels up to a certain point easier but if you added the time it would take to have the skills where they needed to be to attain 50 or the quests accomplished to attain 50, there wouldn't be so many people with a crap ton of lvl 50 alts.

just my 2 cents.

L8r,
Rhoquinn group says 'Nok no wandering!'
You group say 'Is there any aggro's here?'
You flee westward!
You group say 'ummm guys?'
Rhoquinn group says 'Dammit Nok'
Welcome to toril

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”