New Guild: The Warders

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

New Guild: The Warders

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:41 am

The Warders

I would like to personally announce the creation of a new guild called The Warders and invite anyone interested in joining to speak to me or any other founder. The Warders are a guild for all those who have been looking to bring back role-playing (RP) back into a game that was originally based on it. We seek to promulgate RP throughout the game, using different events and occasions to actively RP. This is not a guild for those that do not wish to RP however, unfortunately. This is a guild for those who ACTIVELY play and enjoy socializing with fellow players and exploring new zones, and old ones.

But we are not just an RP guild. We are a group of players that seek to actively take in as much of the mud as possible for our greater enjoyment. Many of us have noticed the lack of activity in some guilds, and wish to invite all those who feel the same. Guild loyalty should be very important, but it also needs to work the other way around. I would rather see 4 active guilds on the mud then 10 half-dead ones. If you wish to join a group of active players, who are on daily for several hours, then we hope you might think of The Warders.

Each member of The Warders will choose an area/zone of the world that they feel/have an interest in, being it for RP reasons or for knowledge of that region. The purpose is to protect, or “ward”, that area, and be informed of any events (RP), visits of the unusual kind, dangerous situations (CRs), and trade merchandise (EQ) that frequents that area. This knowledge shall also enable the guild to engage in RP zoning of said area with greater ease and enjoyment.

If you are shy due to never having RP’d, believe me, it is something that you can quickly learn, and we’d be more than happy to help the active player who wishes to do so. This does not mean we RP the entire time we’re on, for that would seem somewhat “weird” to me as well. But we believe the mixture of good RP and active zoning and exploring are what gives mudding its highest enjoyment value.

Feel free to speak to me or any other founder at anytime, or mmail us if you so wish, and we’d be glad to answer any possible questions you might have. I have left the rules and requirements of the guild, other than RP and activity, out of this message so as to not overburden anyone with information. Those interested shall be informed when they reach one of us.

Thank you, and enjoy.

Adriorn Darkcloak
Warder of the Realms
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:37 am

Neat idea, best of luck!
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:35 am

Awesome idea Adriorn

I look forward to continuing where you an I left off :)

Great idea bro

Grats

Nilan
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:41 am

Can I roll a character named Hammar and train you guys?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:27 pm

You go, Adriorn! I applaud your efforts and hope it works out really well for you guys.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:46 pm

Gormal wrote:Can I roll a character named Hammar and train you guys?

You gotta come back first, you schmuck.

Best of luck Adri, I've got other guild commitments but if you ever need a drunkard you know where to find me.
Vandic wields a massive mithril axe of gazebo chopping.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Formal Creation

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:57 pm

As many may have already seen, The Warders have begun.

We are delighted to be able to partake in our endeavour to host a group of individuals who seek to enjoy the mud actively, and engage in roleplay whenever possible.

We would also like to formally invite anyone interested in joining The Warders, annoying interested in enjoying the game as a group, exploring areas, and roleplaying in the occasional sessions. Please feel free to drop me, or any of the other founders, a tell with any questions you might have or with your interest to join.

Remember, activity is highly sought, as is enjoyment, for both go together to create a truly fun mud experience.

Thank you.

Adriorn Darkcloak
Warder
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:35 pm

.............................................____,,,---~`\,.............. ...........................................................
................................,,,_.,-~"* . . . . . . . . ."\,.........................................................................
.............................,/` . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "\, ......................................................................
......................... ,/. . . . : : : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :\‘-,...................... ...........................................
....................... ./. . . .: . :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : ::: ‘-, ................. ..............................................
......................,/ . . . : . :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : :: ‘-, ............... ............................................
...................,-/‘ : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : : : :: : : :::: :::: ::::::’;............... ...........................................
......... *""\'''~~~~-______________________,,,,,,,,,,,,----~""""""""`/""*........................................
............ \,/\,/'\,,/"\,,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/"\,/"\,/"\,/"\.,-"-/...............................................
.............."~~-,,_____,,,,__________,,,,,,,,_____________,,,,---~"...............................................
……………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; _,,_ ; ; ;¯’-,…………………………………..
…………..,-‘’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’_ ¯’-,\ ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………………
…………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-~’’’’’~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-‘;;;’, : :||; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………………….
……….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘/ :,-~’’~, : ‘,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,-‘ : // ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………………..
……..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,| : ‘-,;;;;,-‘ : /’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ¯’’’¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,……………………………
…….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,,___,,-~’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’~,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………………….
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,;;’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-………………………….
……,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |…………………………
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-‘,;;;;|’’-~ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,…………………………
......| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;---,,,,,,,_,,,,-~’’, ‘-,;;;| ,,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯’’~-,,,_ , , , , , , ‘,;,’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;\……………………….
……| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,~-,, , ,,’’,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
……’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’-,,¯’’;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………………
…….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-,_,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,………………………
…….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,……………………..
……..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; \…………………….
………\ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,……………………
……….’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|……………………
………..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………………….
………..’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,--~~--,, ; ; ; ; ;,--------,, ; ,--~, ; ; ,,-~, ; ;,--,,;,,-~~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ;’,………………..
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’ . ,,--,, . ‘-, ; ; ; ;| . ,-,, . ‘, | . . | ; ;’-, . .\,,/ . ./’-,,--, . ‘, ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………………
…………| ; ; ; ; ; ; | . .,’ ; ; ;’, . .| ; ; ; | . .’-‘ . ,-‘ | . . | ; ; ; ‘-, . . .,-‘ ; ;,-‘ . ,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………….
…………’, ; ; ; ; ; ;’, . ‘-,__,-‘ . ,’ ; ; ; | . .|\ . .\ . | . . |___ ; ;} . . / ; ; ;’----‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,………….
………….| ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,,_ . ._,,-‘ ; ; ; ; |__| .\__\ ;|_____/ ; ;/__/ ; ; ; ; (¯) ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,…………
…….......’, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;¯ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,………
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
lnumnufnu
Sojourner

veri good guild, masterwardsman

Postby lnumnufnu » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:03 pm

Master Adriorn,

This is very good ideas. we are needing of wardsman and wardswomen for Guilding purposes.

¿Are warders guild for rangers solement or also for other classics?

The reason I am saying is because I also wish to gain admission into warders guild. I too belief in much RP -- it has been missing from these areas -- and it is needing returning. Here is a little bit information about my-self:

I am a barbarian shaman. My parent were from the town of Icewind Dale. But for purposes that I do not know, or perhaps want to know, I was left in the locus of Calimport in the desert plain. I never met my parent. There, I was taken up by a wanderer who cared for me and took me to the forest of Tethir. Sadly, the wandered was slain by passing brigandes. I never knew this kindly wanderer's name.

In the forest, I was raised by herd of elk who named me Huueereroo, which is the sounds they made when they fed me. Using elk-language (grunting and snorting), they taught me to make respect for nature and other animal life formes. When I was a youth, I travelled to Icewind Dale to try to find my parent. There, I searched and searched. After realizing no success, I found a shaman of name Toquenalgi, a very wise old barbarian, who told me that my parents were enslaved by an evil warlock and they died in hard labours.

My heart was sunk when I realized this news. Seeing my sadness, Toquenalgi took me in and became my teacher. He taught me the truths of Chauntea and the folkways of a shaman -- to commune with spirit world and make curations. Since then, I have devote my-self to continu knowledge and learning of Chauntea and of the ways of spirit-nature.

So to please, Wardsman Adriorn, inform me whether you are deeming that i am worty of invitation to your guild.

Huueereroo,
Surfer of the Oak Moss Spirit

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”