Change to Jotunheim Invasion Rules:

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Change to Jotunheim Invasion Rules:

Postby Cyric » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:46 pm

Hello all. We've recently been chatting about this on our own threads, and we've decided to change the rules for the Jot invasion. Specifically, there will now only be one group allowed to "participate" (aka die horribly) at a time. The whole invasion's been monkeyed with, and of course it hasn't loaded in ages, but it will sooner or later! Needless to say, with the new changes, multiple groups will open up tons of opportunities for badness, hence one group at a time. Enjoy!
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:49 pm

How is it known when one group is there?

What's to stop two rogues claiming to be a group, and stopping a group of 15 people doing it, while the 2 rogues make deals on what eq will go where and form a group?
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:50 pm

But I thought you liked badness?
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:56 pm

Ah...two rogues hop in and say they're a group, and they're immediately killed dead before landing a single hit to anything or anyone, hence they're no longer a group.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:59 pm

The rules behind who is permitted to 'claim' a zone are well established - the first group in the zone able to reasonably complete the zone gains the claim. Disputes should be resolved amongst yourselves first; I'm reasonably confident that most leaders are aware of when other zone groups are running.

This is common sense guys, and has been known for awhile. Don't ask me or any other staff to define the 'reasonably complete the zone' statement because it will vary and is subject to staff interpetation if you have to push it that far.
Eilistraee
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:23 pm

can we restore surtur to its former glory?
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:33 pm

Eilistraee wrote:The rules behind who is permitted to 'claim' a zone are well established - the first group in the zone able to reasonably complete the zone gains the claim.

does this mean any group lead by maxler cant claim a zone?

gosh you folks make it sooooo easy to kick alabamians on here....

A
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:49 am

hahahah Alendar, that's awesome :) *taunt max*

So, I think it's pretty clear, whoever kills tree and goes in there, gets it.*1*2

*1 (except Maxler)
*2 *touch*
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:41 pm

No, the first group who can reasonably be expected to complete the zone gets it. Killing the tree does not qualify as having a group able to complete the zone; the tree can and is regularly two-manned.
Eilistraee
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:50 pm

Eilistraee wrote:can and is regularly two-manned.

Is that a Maxler reference again?
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:18 pm

Thanks for clearing it up imms.

It's now set in stone in this thread.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:03 am

Was the issue with rares/invasion mobs walking out into the tree fixed?
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:41 am

Glammad can be 2 manned, so can the fire giant general, loki prolly not.

If people cant claim invasion once they are inside and starting to form up, does that mean other people can clair them / find out what they are doing and form their own group and take it all?

Here's what will happen. Fred finds invasion with his 4 person group sent to quest some musp stuff. Someone in Fred's group, ungroups, gets all his friends to come do invasion without Fred. You're saying that's allowed?
Shadow Scream
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:33 am

Sarell, the rules lawyering is old and ridiculous. We don't want to have to put down a required group size; we're trying to respect the varying playing ability of the players to accept that one group of 10 might suffice for one group, while 15 is required for others.

People can and have jumped groups for others for as long as I have been on this MUD; your Fred scenario is nothing new. The ruling stands; the first group gauged to be reasonably capable of doing the zone gains the claim. This is not rocket science. It's not complicated.

Shoot, this whole thing reminds me of the old races to gather the 12 people required to move in and race to the waterfall. There wasn't this much nitpicking then; there does not need to be now.
Eilistraee
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:08 am

I really don't think it is ridiculous to look at the rules you throw us especially in light of recent events regarding high level admin being picky about rules. You can't have rules if you are not going to enforce or administer them. I shudder to think of the poor first group that gets in a debate under this crazy new ruling, who decides who is good enough to do invasion? I think you should just say the person who finds it gets it. It is mean spirited and hard on players with smaller cliques and applies to no other zone that you can come in and take away what somebody is trying to do. While there is no way I would waltz into jot after someone was already there and do it, it seems to be deemed perfectly acceptable under this rule.

Hopefully there is somethnig hardcoded in the invasion itself, like my previously suggested idea of a key to gatehouse on random giants, to sort out who gets the zone.
Shadow Scream
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:13 am

feh, all you maxler haters need to give it up, you can never be as l33t as me.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:51 am

I'll say this simpler then.

The rules for jotunheim invasion are no different than rules governing any other zone currently accessible in the game. They are the same rules for rareload mobs as well.

Help rules #11 covers some of this, though due to the nature of invasions the precise composition of what consists of as a 'group' is open to interpetation.
Eilistraee
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:34 am

Needless to say, with the new changes, multiple groups will open up tons of opportunities for badness, hence one group at a time. Enjoy!

Sounds like there is something hardcoded here, Sarell.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”