Worn Weight

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Vigis
Sojourner

Worn Weight

Postby Vigis » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:07 am

Just wondering if anybody has done testing on worn weight as it relates to natural agi?

General concensus on the BBS lately is that Elf warriors are the pwn because of their natural agility, yadda yadda yadda yadda. We all know their hps are lower than a dwarf or a barb, but I was wondering if the weight of their armor makes a difference.

I guess a prime example would be an elf warrior wearing Rot armor. Does their natural agility take a hit from it since they are weaker than a human? Obviously if you are wearing a suit of armor that weighs as much as you, you are going to move a bit slower.

Does the code figure this in or does the weight penalty dissappear once the item is on your body instead of in your inventory?

I'm going to go on the assumption that if the imms do know the answer to this, they will not share it here (not knocking the imms, I know that some things can't be shared). So, if you have done any testing, let me know.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:27 pm

Being very weight conscious with a halfling warrior I've noticed:

1.Heavy armor affects load carried, which in turn affects your AC. Yes, even when worn.

2.It is a combination of how heavy you are, and how strong you are, that determines if you get a penalty or not from the item worn.

So if I wore a density belt, some deformity bands, sturdy fg boots, and an adamantium shield, then I wouldn't have a penalty from wearing the rot armor, because my str/weight balances it out. Same goes for weapons, you can have 112 strength and not be able to wield a 20 wt weapon, add 50 lbs to your weight and you can. (as a halfling)

So really, it doesn't mess with your agility unless it changes your load when you wear it.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”