Choking Palace Invasion

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:00 pm

Pretty sure Dugmaren knew how many demons loaded and how they acted when he chose to load that many of that particular type.

I'm going to have to disagree. I just don't see how anyone can justify a timed 12 barbazu w/ glaive fight as working as intended.

Botting 3-4 players can not come close to a group of 15 individual people skilled in their chosen class.

This true. 2 skilled players can surpass 30-40 individual people skilled in their chosen class.

You can not compare doing runs against a group of mobs to doing one fight against a group of mobs straight up.

Yes I can. If a 15 man group can barely kill 6 barbazus with glaives i one run, do you really think they can in multiple runs against 12? Think of it this way. One group can kind of kill one dragon. Do you really think they can take on 2 at the same time? Double the offense. This goes the same for 12 barbazus glaive proccing all over your 3 tanks. Also, the whole equipment calculator allows me to compare one group of mobs to another.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:17 pm

Adding mobs seems to work on more of an exponential curve with difficulty also. Going on that example, 2 dragons is more than 2x as hard as one... and 12 glaive wielding barbazus is way more than 2x as hard as 6.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:35 pm

Dalar wrote:How do you do runs on a group of 13 demons with glaives? High probability your tanks will die, then your group lags and more demons appear and woop your ass.

Guess I was thinking that if the mob leader isn't moving, the rest of the group wouldn't either. If noone is in the room, how do more demons appear?

Dalar wrote:4) Do this for IC2 and magma and someone might actually attempt it. Many of us are tired of being beta testers with 0 god help. If you want us to beta test, then pull some strings like god resses and shit.

Exactly. And zero equipment in the zone as well. !loss = !gain
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:44 pm

Llaaldara wrote:
Dalar wrote:How do you do runs on a group of 13 demons with glaives? High probability your tanks will die, then your group lags and more demons appear and woop your ass.

Guess I was thinking that if the mob leader isn't moving, the rest of the group wouldn't either. If noone is in the room, how do more demons appear?

Dalar wrote:4) Do this for IC2 and magma and someone might actually attempt it. Many of us are tired of being beta testers with 0 god help. If you want us to beta test, then pull some strings like god resses and shit.

No they should get the eqiupment if they do the encounter as intended. If they're dying because the lvl 50 giant is flagged a dragon, then wtf?

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:44 pm

Dalar wrote:
Llaaldara wrote:

No they should get the eqiupment if they do the encounter as intended. If they're dying because the lvl 50 giant is flagged a dragon, then wtf?

Then I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for. Are you asking for god resses during the whole zone testing experience, or just as the result of a bug that restuled in deaths?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:00 pm

as the result of a bug that restuled in death

Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:47 pm

Dalar wrote:as the result of a bug that restuled in death

Well now I'm confused. I thought we were discussing zone balance and zone encounter balance testing, not bug testing? I thought the problem with CP demon wave was because of the number of mobs and procs being out of balance compared to relative player power, not because they were causing the game to crash or bug produced player deaths?

If we are talking about testing a zone for encounter balance (which I thought was what you wanted to do), then it would seem valid that a staff member would be running a group of testers thru an encounter repeatedly, re-loading and changing variables each time as necessary, until the desired degree of difficulty is reached. As such, it would make sense that any deaths acquired from such ‘testing’ would be restored, and any equipment received would of course be forfeit.

I thought it was standard practice for TorilMUD to reimburse players for deaths resulting directly from a bug and don’t understand why you are asking for it now?

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”