Bryn Shander

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Bryn Shander

Postby Thilindel » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:14 am

Last I saw, when you buy align from the cleric in Bryn Shander, it was 70 plats per 5 align points. Then Yarix gave well over 2k for and only got 40 points. When I tried today, it was 70 plats just for one point, which put me to -999. Is it really supposed to cost one 45,500 plats just to hit -350 align?
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:55 am

Perhaps a different potion loads each boot? Same spell etc, just a different level? If so, then I must give some serious props to the zone writer! Talk about a way to keep people coming back :)

As an aside, I think that would be a pretty cool way to insert some fun variety into smaller zones like Bryn.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:54 am

< 651h/651H 120v/120V >
< P: std >
Yes, I can cast spells on you, for a small fee of course. I can cast a spell
of armor for two platinum coins or perhaps a spell of blessing for a mere
platinum coin. I can cast a spell of healing for fifty platinum coins, or a
greater spell of healing for two hundred. If it's more life you're after, I can
cast a spell of vitality for one hundred platinum coins. Or maybe you're in
need of protection from the elements, which I can do for a small sum of five
hundred platinum. If you have dead companions you would like resurrected, I
can even do that for a modest fee of ten-thousand platinum pieces.
Be sure to consent me if you want me to resurrect you or if you are handing
me large amounts of platinum. Also be sure you have someone hold your
belongings as anything you are wearing will drop to the ground once I finish
the spell.
For a small tithe to the church, I can also adjust your alignment. For thirty
platinum coins, I can commune with the gods to inform them of your desire to
follow the darker ways. For seventy platinum coins, I can try to persuade
them that you wish to follow the more goodly ways of life.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:02 am

I would say that, given the choice between paying plats, and spending mind numbing hours killing undead, paying that amount of plat is a generous offer.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:43 am

If one were to not kill mobs with known valuables, and were to just go by group splits (which don't exist now due to ninja hoarding) then nobody would be able to pay 45k. I had played well over a year and hadn't even picked up 5k altogether. As I said in the game, if you were to do pirate ship in a group of 5, and your share ..IF they actually did split, were 100 plats, it'd take you 450 days to gain that much bling. Since several people seem to have been lucky when it was working - that being 70 plats for 5 align points from -1000 toward -350, I'd very much like for that to be fixed please! :)

_If_ it were still 70 plat at 5 align, it would take well over 9k to hit -350 from -1000.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:10 am

Of course, if you hate alignment work that much, depending on the class/race, you could just reroll your character and start anew.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:16 am

Defaultly evil non-evil classes don't have that option tho 8( There are several types on necros, for example, who fight for the good side in some D&D stuff I saw. The disclosure for energy drain is it's a really evil spell...but by default it wouldn't matter cuz necro starts -1000 anyway.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:09 am

1) 45k p isnt alot of cash.. its a HELL of alot better then spending 45hours in SH fixing alignment which is what some people have had to do in past

2) personaly i dont think there should be this mob, if you chose evil, then if you want it fixed go fix it.. but we live in a nicer mud times =)

3) there are mobs you can solo out there that got eq that people pay cash on auction for and mobs that have cash, you can aquire 500-1k p an hour working hard at it... so 45k isnt all that much, or you can just find a dragon tattoo in GC and auction it for 50k like most people and poof you have yer alignment fixed in 30 min!
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:03 pm

Was the 2k+ plat given all at once?
I can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't work properly. Only give him the amount he asks for and only after he finishes casting each time.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:09 pm

It's partially based on fear of Yarix's experience. After knowing he blew over 2k for only 40 points, I'm afraid to shell out. It's not clear what points you should receive per 70 plats. But what I did do was give 70 and he chipped my -1000 to -999 and that's it. I'd petitioned it earlier asking if it were working properly because the players I was asking were saying it wasn't. So amongst the ones I'd asked, none felt paying over 2k was worth merely 40 align points. For an average player, that is a mountain of bling. I didn't want to pay then find out it was working properly and have given say 7000 for only 100 points of align. Then I'd be stuck. There's nothing as a player to gauge how much align will be fixed per 70. Thus the 70 per 5 points was brought up because others received that in the past.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:29 pm

Hmm, after thinking about it, it'd help to know if it's absolute that it's 70 plat for 1 point. (being -1000) Or if it's a sliding scale, considering if you are good align it's 30 plat to become evil.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:57 pm

id drop 5-15k to go from -1000 to something tolerable like -1k to -800

then do the rest in some evil zone like splitshield. it is notoriously hard to move from -1k because very few mobs are evil enough to push you positive and they aren't as plentiful as splitshield orcs.

You should pretty much always roll your character good, then spend 3 or 4 hours going from good to neutral instead of rolling neutral or evil and accidently going evil (cuz of where you exp) then spending 40 hours going from evil to neutral.
Hsoj
Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Postby Hsoj » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:24 pm

i was doing some zone and notice that i had -999 alignment. Immediately i got a mudmail from my guildmaster in ghore. He told me that if I worded he'd be forced to kill me and outcast me to VT or something...
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:10 pm

The priest is working exactly as he says. You give him 70 plat, he gives you an alignment change in one direction, 30 plat and he changes it the other.
If you feel his prices are too expensive for services offered, feel free to do other deeds to change your alignment.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:09 pm

guess this is a good time, considering it's quite a pain to manually change align, that life drain sucks 6 align from your work. It's not listed in the helpfile.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”