menzo drow read this!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
amolol
Sojourner

menzo drow read this!

Postby amolol » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:46 am

so, we had a discussion about whats gonna happen past level 20. the xp is great the companionship is better. but it has come to the attantion of some of us myself and a few other nameless. that past level 20 we are really going to want some classes not available to drow. battle chanter, shaman elementalist. for the more prominent ones.

anyways the rules thought up were as thus.

for RP issues those playing would hafto be slave to one of the drow from menzo.

we would obviously adheare to the rules stated in the other thread about eq leveling outside interfearance ect.

as far as class selections go. only the classes non obtainable to the drow would be allowed to play another race.

only evilrace would be allowed to play. no humans whatsoever not even as slaves.

we arent allowed to make a poll here so just post a yes or no please. if you want to retort please be kind and no flaming. ofcourse the traditional stfu amolol will be tolerated.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:56 am

just so you all know this post is not because im discontent with the way things are. i love how things are going :)

myspace.com/tgchef
Hsoj
Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Postby Hsoj » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:10 am

As long as they are a class that drow are not allowed to be I think this will work fine.

Drow can be... Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Invoker, Necromancer, Rogue.

This would allow...
Orc Battle Chanters
Duegar/Yuan Elementalists
Yuan Illusionists
Troll/Ogre/Orc Shamans
Orc Dire Raiders
Squids...

For RP issues... If people want to rp, that's great, if not oh well. [rp]But I for one and not going to be taking any stinkin' orders from some outsider[/rp]

The Menzo Drow Rule... no outside eq, treating this as post-wipe

I am for this, but reserve the right to reverse my decision should it result in the inability to form groups in our fair city of Menzoberranzan...
Last edited by Hsoj on Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:39 am

I'd been rolling around the thought of creating a little orc shaman to play with, since your idea seemed like so much fun. I'm not too sure about the idea of RP'ing a slave, however.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:19 pm

I was hoping a bard type drow class would be put in ;) bladesinger of sorts

Other races would be fine, provided they can go along with what we have started here, the whole act as if there was a pwipe/equ-wipe. Ghealer is only thing I can really think of that we might need from another race. We'll just have to look at and address the situations as they present themselves.

Tirqice drow cleric
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:37 pm

With all due respect, I find this idea extremely elitist and when I decided to roll my drow necromancer I had no intentions whatsoever of RPing to such an extent that I have a slave. Done that in real life, it loses its thrill after awhile. :lol: But seriously, we all know that we're going to NEED outside races for grouping/zoning eventually, why in Hell are we telling them that if they want to play with us they have to RP as a slave to one of us? WE need THEM. NOT the other way around.

I've been having a boatload of fun in the past week with this endeavor and I've had a LOT of inquiries from people asking if they can join in the fun, including from people who want to roll up non-drow race/class combinations and play the pwipe way. It would be folly to turn them away or turn them off because we're making them be subserviant.

I personally don't think we should even be regulating this to the point where one of the drow-capable classes can't be played by one of the other races, however I'll go along with that for the sake of our initial exping. But when we get zoneable we're going to need help forming groups, why are we segregating ourselves??? We, as drow, are incapable of having the following classes, and I've listed them in order of importance (in my opinion, of course): Shaman, Illusionist, Illithid, (Druid), Elementalist, Battlechanter, Dire Raider. Without some of these classes we're UNzoneable.

I'm sorry if this post sounds a little angry but, well, my jaw dropped when I read it and I'm sure I'm not the only one from within our little drow clique or outside it who had the same reaction.

I have an inclusive personality, not an exclusive one and this is just something I will not go along with.

Iqhas, 15 Drow Necromancer
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:57 pm

Birile wrote:With all due respect, I find this idea extremely elitist and when I decided to roll my drow necromancer I had no intentions whatsoever of RPing to such an extent that I have a slave. Done that in real life, it loses its thrill after awhile. :lol: But seriously, we all know that we're going to NEED outside races for grouping/zoning eventually, why in Hell are we telling them that if they want to play with us they have to RP as a slave to one of us? WE need THEM. NOT the other way around.

I've been having a boatload of fun in the past week with this endeavor and I've had a LOT of inquiries from people asking if they can join in the fun, including from people who want to roll up non-drow race/class combinations and play the pwipe way. It would be folly to turn them away or turn them off because we're making them be subserviant.

I personally don't think we should even be regulating this to the point where one of the drow-capable classes can't be played by one of the other races, however I'll go along with that for the sake of our initial exping. But when we get zoneable we're going to need help forming groups, why are we segregating ourselves??? We, as drow, are incapable of having the following classes, and I've listed them in order of importance (in my opinion, of course): Shaman, Illusionist, Illithid, (Druid), Elementalist, Battlechanter, Dire Raider. Without some of these classes we're UNzoneable.

I'm sorry if this post sounds a little angry but, well, my jaw dropped when I read it and I'm sure I'm not the only one from within our little drow clique or outside it who had the same reaction.

I have an inclusive personality, not an exclusive one and this is just something I will not go along with.

I agree B, we can't expect people to RP slaves although I see Kelly as a slave to me anyways :p. We will need illusionists and Shamans ene elemntalists etc. Bottom line really is if they're willing to play by the pwipe rules they should join in the fun it's been a blast.

Dored 16 drow Enchanter.
Netonosel
Sojourner

Postby Netonosel » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:12 pm

Birile wrote:
I personally don't think we should even be regulating this to the point where one of the drow-capable classes can't be played by one of the other races, however I'll go along with that for the sake of our initial exping.

My only concern with the drow capable classes being open to other races is this. Why would you use a Drow warrior, when you could have a Troll or Duergar? I grant you, this is my first evil char, so if I am wrong, feel free to correct me.
If I am correct in saying that, and we allow other races to be warriors, then I might as well reroll a new class right now before I get in too deep with this char.
I would hate to put all kinds of time in, just to become obsolete.

Just a concern.
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:24 pm

well i just wrote something and then previewed and hit back and it all got deleted and now i'm just pissed....

slaves, no.
-yeah i'm feeling elitist enough when i tell people they can't join us cause they're eq isn't crappy enough *com azenfree*

other races as classes that drow can be, no
-this is non-negiotable for the reasons Netonosel wrote and also because I believe we will be able to zone w/ drows as our tanks being healed by our drow clerics with damage brought melee style by our drow rogues and then well... hehe drow inv/enc/nec just rock, so no competition there.

Shamans/Elementalists/Battle Chanters would rock though, not really sure how swell illusionists are.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:22 pm

Hsoj wrote:well i just wrote something and then previewed and hit back and it all got deleted and now i'm just pissed....

slaves, no.
-yeah i'm feeling elitist enough when i tell people they can't join us cause they're eq isn't crappy enough *com azenfree*

other races as classes that drow can be, no
-this is non-negiotable for the reasons Netonosel wrote and also because I believe we will be able to zone w/ drows as our tanks being healed by our drow clerics with damage brought melee style by our drow rogues and then well... hehe drow inv/enc/nec just rock, so no competition there.

Shamans/Elementalists/Battle Chanters would rock though, not really sure how swell illusionists are.

Illusionists will be necessary. And yeah any drow capable class should play drow.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:26 pm

I completely understand Helmaz' concern about being an obsolete warrior because of his drow race should we allow troll warriors around us. To that I can only say that we would never exclude someone because of being drow when some other evilrace is "better" at the job. But there will be times when we're zoning, guys, when we need to call on people who didn't do the whole "pwipe/eqwipe" thing in order to zone. That means inviting a yuan-ti cleric, a troll warrior, or any other race/class combination if not all of us drow are online at the time. It's either that or just simply not zone. That doesn't seem like a lot of fun.

Just like any guild, I'm sure the people taking part in this activity will continue to put all members first before inviting anyone else, but if slots need to be filled, they need to be filled!
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:32 pm

can you guys accept ress help? ive got a 47 drow resser should you need corpses cleaned up
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:47 pm

Tafah gathered about him his fellow drows and went a-huntin'. A few bats here and there, a few kobold, and the kobold village... and yet upon arrival one drow had to return to Menzo. The rogue led him home and upon returning found his crew slain except for the mighty warrior Helmaz. Tafah and Helmaz fought the old kobold warrior till he was hurt pretty badly and yet in the end they fell victim...

The drow gathered at the entrance to their fair city and made their way back... Tirq was able to run ahead while Tafah led the rest back to their corpses. However, in the chaos that had ensued Helmaz's mighty set was lost! Tafah dragged him about the UD only to find out it happened to lay north of one of the invokers bodies.. for this tafah holds a severed head, the stupid head.

If the bearer of the severed head catches you lost, or being stupid, that drow can pass the head onto you. and i really needa get rid of it before lvl 15, so be stupid guys

I tell this story to preface my res opinion...

If the drow is from menzo, maybe... otherwise no
Eshacin
Sojourner

Re: menzo drow read this!

Postby Eshacin » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:19 pm

Here's my 2p worth. I'm quoting Amolol since he kicked of the thread and it gives me a peg to hang my views on. Doesn't mean I think his is the only post worth comment:

The basic argument seems to be for enforced RP around the choices of the founder members of the group.

amolol wrote:anyways the rules thought up were as thus.

You're saying "We're having some fun here playing drow,we'd like more options than drow allow so we'd like some more people with non-drow chars, but here's a bunch of rules we want to impose on those people".

I think you have to ask yourself why you want rules (aka limitations). THe Drow only idea was for fun/RP (and it is a blast, seeing who evil list an army of Drow). But there are many ways to RP, and we never stipulated or agreed that everyone had to RP. In fact, when I've been in the group, RP has been minimal.

amolol wrote:for RP issues those playing would hafto be slave to one of the drow from menzo.

Disagree. See above on RP/non-RP issue. Aside from that,maybe my Drow Invoker was wandering in the forest somewhere and was attacked by an nasty Paladin and a bunch of smelly Greys. Along comes a friendly Troll and saves my skin, so now we're mates. He's welcome in Menzo any time. Slave? I don't think so.

amolol wrote:we would obviously adheare to the rules stated in the other thread about eq leveling outside interfearance ect.

Agree. That was half the point; a lot of the fun is in levelling from scratch as a group.

amolol wrote:as far as class selections go. only the classes non obtainable to the drow would be allowed to play another race.

Disagree. I can't see any justification for excluding people because they want to play a particular class. Post a list of desired classes by all means and encourage people to pick one, but I wouldn't go further than that. Don't be a Drow facist!

amolol wrote:only evilrace would be allowed to play. no humans whatsoever not even as slaves.

Again, I can't see any reason for this unless you've decided you want enforced RP with a particular theme/backstory (which hasn't been discussed, much less agreed). I think it's OK if you try to encourage a non-human choice,but do you seriously want to say to someone "You can't group with us if you have a human char"? By all means (and I would support this) if we're zoning we fill the group from the core of Drow first. Remember though, it's a game.

Looking back atwhere this all started, Latreg posted: " looking for people who wish to start a new character right now we talking elf but any race would be fine". I think I first suggested Drow in Menzo. We never did elect a supreme ruler or adopt a constitution though.

So in sum, I'd prefer to be inclusive but keep to the spirit of rolling new chars as if after a pwipe. Menzo is a fun hometown, but if other races want to make there way there, that's fine by me.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:20 pm

These restrictions are beginning to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

If I lead a zone with 10 of the pwipe drow and 5 others and one of those 5 others is a cleric with res and no pwipe drow in the group has res and one of the drow dies (this implies that I will, with Iqhas, be leading zones with non-drow accompanying--and yes, I most certainly will be doing that), I'm not about to sit there and tell that drow he/she can't be res'd but the 5 non-drow are allowed to. We'll have corpse piles 20+ corpses high for each of us (I'm being conservative) before one of our priestesses gets res.

I'm not limiting myself this way.
Birile
Sojourner

Re: menzo drow read this!

Postby Birile » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:23 pm

Eshacin wrote:Looking back atwhere this all started, Latreg posted: " looking for people who wish to start a new character right now we talking elf but any race would be fine". I think I first suggested Drow in Menzo. We never did elect a supreme ruler or adopt a constitution though.

So in sum, I'd prefer to be inclusive but keep to the spirit of rolling new chars as if after a pwipe. Menzo is a fun hometown, but if other races want to make there way there, that's fine by me.

2nded wholeheartedly.
Netonosel
Sojourner

Postby Netonosel » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:30 pm

Agree
Auril
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Auril » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:33 pm

I listened to Vhaeraun talk extensively about the feel of Menzoberranzan. Ultimately, I would suggest two options: slave or hired mercenary. The foreigners within the city are generally slaves, and outsiders really have no rights. Slaves and mercenaries are under the protection of the drow who owns them or their contract, so messing with them tends to lead to inter-house difficulties. It's much easier to find an unattended serf to hassle instead.

Dobloth Kyor, on the other hand, is open to almost anything evilrace. It is an environment where I could more easily see alliances due to mutual interest.

The one other thing I'd like to mention is that nobody is forced to roleplay if they don't want to. RP-Q will not make a paladin snub an evil aligned buddy, unless it's been agreed upon in the first place. However, if you want to insist upon having only roleplayers join your group, that is your perogative.

Best of luck!
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:37 pm

Edit: Auril, thanks for the input! Quick question, even if we hire them on as mercenaries and all rp-wise, if they set foot in menzo they are going to be slaughtered by the guards game-wise?

in my twisted mind...

exp and zoning are two different things
once we get high enough to zone then we'll use our own other chars and anyone else at our disposal. it would be swell if the majority of our group was people we lvled up w/ and have experience with. I.E. people are beginin' to realize when Tafah's head exlpodes it's time to levitate

RP is alive and kickin' in our own limited fashion. as far as exp goes, i'm sticking with drows and treatin' Niji as a goddess not because she is one but because in Menzo drow culture, the priestess is pimp.

but all this discussion of zonin', a zone is far off for us, i don't want to see anyone get pissed and quit, or turn anyone away from the fun I think we all are having.

Birile, comment on new clique formed about res plz, ruxor i think it was posted some help if we want it

If someone rolls a non-drow in a class drow can be this needs to be the exception and if it begins to get out of hand then something will be said.

this is all the opinion of tafah and does not speak for everyone, if you disagree greatly and wish to discuss, flame me on pm
Izisayyin
Sojourner

Postby Izisayyin » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:01 pm

I think, to simplify things, go back to my original statements surrounding outsiders:

They should be fine, as long as they play under the same general 'rules' as we do, inside their own racial groups. There was already mention of some starting up Yuans.

For the lower levels we'll be separated by space, being around Menzo as they stalk about Hyssk and the surface lands. The groups will probably end up in some of the same areas later on, and as such there's no reason that they wouldn't necessarily both seek the same goal, and while not allied, would still end up working together for the purpose.

As Auril pointed out, there's always the mercenary side of things for RP. Since for this purpose they will be getting "rewards" by serving the needs of the drow band, I don't think you have any real RP concerns there.

Duergar, humans, and yuans are all found in Menzo for various reasons, being mercenaries, slaves, or some just appear to be wealthy inhabitants. It doesn't mean the alliance is strong, but obviously there are exceptions made amongst the Drow of Menzo.

That said, those playing outside races who want to join in, just follow the same guidelines we do as drow, but won't actively be engaged in any of the RP foundations of the Menzo Drow until much later on, doesn't mean we can't still play together.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:18 pm

Hsoj wrote:Birile, comment on new clique formed about res plz, ruxor i think it was posted some help if we want it

While I was guilded with Ruxur in one of my favorite guild experiences, I don't deign to know completely what he meant by his post. I can say, however, that I will be accepting ress's from people outside of the drow clique as soon as I feel it's necessary to save the progress I've made with my character. That means probably somewhere around level 20. In a pwipe environment it's perfectly possible for there to be a ressing cleric with a level 20 necro running around getting killed. All should feel free to limit themselves how they wish, but this is not something I agreed to when I decided that playing with a band of drow would be fun to do.

Hsoj wrote:If someone rolls a non-drow in a class drow can be this needs to be the exception and if it begins to get out of hand then something will be said.

I see nothing wrong with people playing by the eq-wipe rules with us and they're more than welcome to exp with me if they want, no matter what class/race combination they are. If someone feels something needs to be said, then I'll respond to whoever says it.

Please, would someone explain to me why we're being exclusionary and not promoting the most possible fun for the most possible people? If someone doesn't want to play a Menzo drow why are we threatening segregation? This is not what I agreed to do. I agreed to exp in an eq-wipe atmosphere. Nothing more, nothing less.
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:23 pm

i explained it as well I could, people can play whatever they want, a lot of us are playing drow and i'd like to keep it that way, if all the people start rollin' all other races in classes we already have it's going to erode our base.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:25 pm

Not sure what to think about this.

I mean, as far as I'm concerned, I'm doing this for fun, and even if the worst happens and it falls apart, I'll still play my character regardless. This eq-wipe campaign has helped me a bit as a player I think.

But I can see some point to the "only non-drowable classes" "rule."

There are some instances where drow just isn't the best choice.

Why be a drow cleric when you can be a snake? Their wisdom and their innates pwn.

Why be a drow rogue when you can be a duergar?

Why be a drow warrior when you can be a duergar?

And so on.

I think it's meant mainly as a bit of discipline to keep with a theme regardless of the min/max potential of the character.

Would I object to playing in this game of ours with a non-drow? No.

But I do more or less like the way things are now.

But eventually, something has to give. Some compromise will have to be made, especially once we get zonable.

ps: stfu amolol.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:38 pm

Hsoj wrote:i explained it as well I could, people can play whatever they want, a lot of us are playing drow and i'd like to keep it that way, if all the people start rollin' all other races in classes we already have it's going to erode our base.

It's honestly not that big of a deal. If we go to a zone and my necro/lich isn't needed, am I still going to play necro/lich even though my non-drow battlechanter would be of more use? I don't think we'll be worrying about RP (I'm not RPing my necro, that's what I use my bard and battlechanter for) when we're in the middle of Izan's or any other zone for that matter. I mean, come on. :)
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:48 pm

Birile wrote:With all due respect, I find this idea extremely elitist and when I decided to roll my drow necromancer I had no intentions whatsoever of RPing to such an extent that I have a slave. Done that in real life, it loses its thrill after awhile. :lol: But seriously, we all know that we're going to NEED outside races for grouping/zoning eventually, why in Hell are we telling them that if they want to play with us they have to RP as a slave to one of us? WE need THEM. NOT the other way around.

I have to agree with Birile here. People shouldn't have to force players to RP slaves just because they chose a different evil race to play along with the drow RP group and like he says, it's the drows that need them and not the other way around or possibly both need each other either way for zoning. I was thinking of making a serpent myself or orc or something since I haven't quite rolled for a drow yet. Ideas are still being tossed up into the air. One idea that comes to mind if I make a yaunti or whatever, that a drow be MY slave. Muhahahahahaha! I'm only teasing.
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:59 pm

I volunteer!!!
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:40 pm

If you want to be Drow only and snub other races more or less, why was it suggested, and so readilly agreed upon, to use Scardale instead of the Drow_Only Menzo for leveling and play-time location?

Scardale is a better place to level is it? Has x2 regen. Lotsa quests. Exp right? Well I ask you, wtf does that have to do with RP if this is all about RP?

Smells like hypocrasy to me.

If all the new Menzo drow players aren't going to spend all their time in Menzo (and surrounding UD areas), then I suggest you can the idea about !drow not being allowed or how they are to act/be treated. Because it sounds like you're not being very Menzo-Drow'ish already. Therefor, why do these other players need to conform to rules and guidelines you yourselves are not even adhering to?

For grouping and RP, I suggest you open it up to any new evilrace player combo that is adhering to the initial guildelines of pwipe leveling style.

If you want to make a drow only RP thing, I suggest you consider making an RP association based on a noble Drow House. Therefor, anyone who wants the option of being part of that, simply has to make a drow. Fair and easy enough. Or even easier, all drow who want to be of same the same house, share the same last name. Forget the association entirely. That opens up a lot of possibilities for Drow RP. Siblings can even be within the same guild if they wanted to.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:55 pm

Lahgen wrote:I think it's meant mainly as a bit of discipline to keep with a theme regardless of the min/max potential of the character.

You are exactally correct, this has nothing to do with being exclusive, so if I choose to play only good or only evil am I being exclusive? really how's that any different? Most of what we are doing is exploring menzo. It would basically be impossible for a yuan-ti to leave hyssk before level 20 without pleveling, hand outs etc. Because the home towns are so far away etc how would a solo orc level up to a level so he could travel to menzo, if he even knew where it was? If we want to play multi race groups we should have choosen goodie races, way easier to get low level characters in the same area to exp etc. Futaz is a level 50 drow tank and is an excellent tank imo.

Now if someone wants to form an orc group like we have drow or whatever race, certainly we could team up together. I guess it's the whole "you have to draw the line somewhere" where do we want to draw those lines? Why not see how far we can make it like this? Several people are going to hit level 20 soon, who's going to exp the orc or troll in scardale? Do we want to allow people to plevel to 20 so they can join us? I for one say no, I have earned my levels the hard way and only want to group with people who have done the same, if that means I'm being exclusive so be it. If you think about it, the whole fun part of this is the struggle, sure we could add races and classes to make it easier but wouldn't that diminish what we are doing?

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Pisalos
Sojourner

Postby Pisalos » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:57 pm

Lahgen wrote:
Why be a drow warrior when you can be a duergar?

Because hps don't equal tanking ability. Both elf types yuan-ti are by far best tank
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:45 am

This entire thing is being over thought.

Play to have fun. Play like there was a Pwipe. Play evilrace. Currently, the emphasis is on drow. Those who want to RP, do so. If you aren't into RP but still want to play with these rules, this "clique" is still for you.

Am I way off base?

All I know is, I've been having an absolute blast, and don't want to see it end. I have new friends and allies. It really is a great time. Over thinking tends to ruin fun, both in-game and in real life.

My 2c.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:39 am

sorry i havent been able to return sooner to justify things. tthe whole slave buit was as an RP stand. like mentiononed multiple times you donot hafto RP but if you did want to that would be the role. i should have made that more clear.

second as for only allowing classes non abtainable byt drow to play with us. myself and others feel its a very legitimate point. none of us want to be obsolete because another race is naturaly better at something.

as for the evilrace only bit. this as it seems and has been set up. is to help bolster the evil population. a human can swing either way without concern. where as an evil is bound to the group. it is my personaly opinion that only evilrace should be allowed.

i will respond to more as i see them.

myspace.com/tgchef
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:14 pm

Shar wrote:This entire thing is being over thought.

Play to have fun. Play like there was a Pwipe. Play evilrace. Currently, the emphasis is on drow. Those who want to RP, do so. If you aren't into RP but still want to play with these rules, this "clique" is still for you.

Am I way off base?

All I know is, I've been having an absolute blast, and don't want to see it end. I have new friends and allies. It really is a great time. Over thinking tends to ruin fun, both in-game and in real life.

My 2c.

You are not off base. What's happening, and I'm sure the posters don't even realize, is they are suggesting short cuts, ways to make things easier. At some point we may have to add other races/class, right now we don't imo. We've gotten killed doing exp and generally gain exp slowly, we have to be fairly careful given the equipment we have etc.
Rux. thanks for the ress offer, but that would be taking a short cut imo, the way we are doing things exp is precious and to take you up on your generous offer would diminish this. You all must realize this is going to be a slow process and that easier isn't always better.
At some point we may want to try this again with a different race, possibilities are endless. But for now we should see how far we can make/take it.

Netonosel
Sojourner

Postby Netonosel » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:27 pm

I am starting to really fear where this post is going. For those of you who are not participating, or have not YET participated, I would like to say something.

1. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we are NOT trying to be elitists. Anyone who knows me can tell you that is FAR from what I am.

2. The posts which may have portrayed that image, I believe were taken incorrectly. AS far as I know, the only reason the whole "Drow slave" thing was brought up, was for a RP explanation of why Drow would associate with other races. By no means would I have EVER expected someone to to be my slave.

3. There have been a couple posts about possible hypocracy, for using Scardale. I definately see your points. My only respnse to this is that the theme was to be, "Post-Pwipe". Well, post pwipe, scardale would be available.

4. I really hope that people are not starting to get a bad taste in there mouth about the people taking this little venture. We have had loads of support and compliments from people, and I hope it doesn't turn around to be the opposite.

Finally, I would like to thank all of those who have congratulated us and joined up. It has been the most fun I have had mudding in years. I would STRONGLY encourage everyone to do it. PIck an evil, be honest with yourself and level it up the hard way, and you want believe the satisfaction you'll get. I think alot of us have forgotten what that feels like. The satisfaction of the little accomplishments.

Just my personal feelings and hopes.

Helmaz - 19 - Drow Warrior

5. As far as other races, I have no problem if others want to run other races in the same fashion as we are. All the same "rules". NO outside help, no plevel, etc.. We could have several race factions leveling up seperately, and then joining up as soon as level/power permits us to get together in the outside world.
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:25 pm

I'm never leaving menzo again!!! see my crappy post on major para...

amen helmaz, best post yet, can we just leave this thread to die now?
cause if we aren't i'm going to go apeshit about scardale and hypocracy, we're doing this for f-u-n, lvlin' in menzo in just self-flagellation for some classes.

really this is about fun, and if i have to put the fu back in fun for some of ya to see that.. haha ok i'm done, in a crappy mood, damn 67 hrs of gametime... all i want is a freakin' dagger!!!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:00 pm

This is SOO off topic and I am sorry for ti

but

I just love the way fatah is blending in with toril, thank you whoever showed him our mud :)

Been talking to him since he was a wee little troll, helped him with his totem quest, helped him with scry/s-walk and gheal as well, most of all I introed him to Ambar Squish Squid and told him how Ogres are superior shaman (rofl)

Bets wishes, Josh and a HUGE Ogre hug for you :)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:12 pm

*blush*
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:40 pm

Helmaz's last post summed up the feelings of at least one other Menzo rat. Maybe those that are so enamored with the drow should strive to form a guild...because I can attest to the joy it brings to see and group with a big family like that.

Just to sum it up from my perspective...this new adventure is enjoyable because of the pwipe element. The drow element is adding a lot of fun, but I'm ultimately drawn to the pwipe challenge. And a big second to the kudos for all that are rolling new chars. Its really been fun.

Uzaf - drow necromancer!
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:48 pm

at work can't mud... *pout* still hasn't rebooted? ok actual question.. what does it take to start a guild? we gotta wait till lvl 25 and cash right?
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:29 pm

Hsoj wrote:at work can't mud... *pout* still hasn't rebooted? ok actual question.. what does it take to start a guild? we gotta wait till lvl 25 and cash right?

Level 20, 5k plat and 5 founding members, I believe, not to mention monthly upkeep charges.
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:40 pm

really? only lvl 20.. not that hard.
5k in plat is cake *nod me, no wait.. MOAN*
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:14 pm

Hsoj wrote:really? only lvl 20.. not that hard.
5k in plat is cake *nod me, no wait.. MOAN*

5k plat is generally supplied by the leader. Ya don't have to be the leader of the guild, being a member is just as fun :)
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:31 pm

anyone else got a leadership fetish? or have a problem w/ mine?
Netonosel
Sojourner

Postby Netonosel » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:33 pm

No problem at all. I'd follow yer lead any day.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:56 pm

help assoc

ASSOCIATIONS ORGANIZATIONS GUILDS

Associations on TorilMUD are relatively simple to start. To begin a new
association, you must have 5000 platinum, 5 founding members and an
approved name. Each month, associations are charged 200 platinum for each
of its first 25 members. Associations with more than 25 members will be
charged an additional 1000 platinum for each member up to the limit of 30.
No associations are allowed more than 30 players.

Maximum fee for a guild of 30 players (per month) : 10,000p
Maximum fee for a guild of 25 players (per month) : 5,000p
Per-member fee, up to 25 members (per month) : 200p
Per-member fee, between 26-30 members (per month): 1000p

Guilded characters are *not* allowed to have any other alternate
characters in any other guild, regardless of the reasoning.

To get started, type "assoc ?" for a list of up-to-date commands.

Note: Every player within an association is to have an acceptable
description to gain a title. Players without a(n) (approved) description
will be un-titled and asked to write up a description. Upon approval
of the new description, a title can be added.

See also: TITLES, DESCRIPTION

Good luck :)
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:16 pm

omg acceptable descriptions are the bain of my existence, they major para me bigtime, i just sit there staring at the screen waiting some something to write itself
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:44 pm

Shar wrote:help assoc

ASSOCIATIONS ORGANIZATIONS GUILDS

Associations on TorilMUD are relatively simple to start. To begin a new
association, you must have 5000 platinum, 5 founding members and an
approved name. Each month, associations are charged 200 platinum for each
of its first 25 members. Associations with more than 25 members will be
charged an additional 1000 platinum for each member up to the limit of 30.
No associations are allowed more than 30 players.

Maximum fee for a guild of 30 players (per month) : 10,000p
Maximum fee for a guild of 25 players (per month) : 5,000p
Per-member fee, up to 25 members (per month) : 200p
Per-member fee, between 26-30 members (per month): 1000p

Guilded characters are *not* allowed to have any other alternate
characters in any other guild, regardless of the reasoning.

To get started, type "assoc ?" for a list of up-to-date commands.

Note: Every player within an association is to have an acceptable
description to gain a title. Players without a(n) (approved) description
will be un-titled and asked to write up a description. Upon approval
of the new description, a title can be added.

See also: TITLES, DESCRIPTION

Good luck :)

Oh, sure! Well anyone could of typed help assoc. We wanted to do it the hardway and piece it together from peoples ramblings way to ruin it shar! :o(
Eshacin
Sojourner

Postby Eshacin » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:34 pm

Hsoj wrote:anyone else got a leadership fetish? or have a problem w/ mine?

I'll assume that's not intended to be as challenging as it appears :)

I question the idea that there is any need for one "leader". Sounds very feudal.

Assuming you can make a case for a leader, why do you think

a) there has to be only one, the same one at all times, and
b) you are particularly qualified to be one?
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:41 pm

Eshacin wrote:
Hsoj wrote:anyone else got a leadership fetish? or have a problem w/ mine?

I'll assume that's not intended to be as challenging as it appears :)

I question the idea that there is any need for one "leader". Sounds very feudal.

Assuming you can make a case for a leader, why do you think

a) there has to be only one, the same one at all times, and
b) you are particularly qualified to be one?

I took it to mean that he is planning on starting an actual association. By default, an association can only have 1 leader and he is offering to take on that responsibility while asking if there are any objections or if somebody else felt they would be better suited to the task of organizing it.

I am sure I flowered up the language a bit, but that's what I thought he meant.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:50 pm

I challenge you to the death Vokerboy!

Having not been in a guild yet on Toril I do not know the association structure rankwise but have heard there is 1 leader, if it was a position able to be shared I'm all for that.

as for why i'm qualified, lets leave the cart behind the horse for the moment and worry about gettin' people to lvl 20 and gathering enough cash.

hehe vigis said flower, i said fetish... bb in 5, need some alone time
Eshacin
Sojourner

Postby Eshacin » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:59 pm

Hsoj wrote:I challenge you to the death Vokerboy!

You're on! Earliest opportunity in the arena. Fun :)

I didn't realise you were just talking about an assoc. I wouldn't be joining so my vote doesn't count.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”