Lightning bolt is a joke...

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
daggaz
Sojourner

Lightning bolt is a joke...

Postby daggaz » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:23 pm

Ok its ages since I ever needed this spell, but now I am doing a pwipe drow and I have noticed that lightning bolt *consistently* does far less damage than magic missile cast at 16th level and seems to even do less damage most of the time than chill touch.

Is this the meaning? I figure there is a big point spread, like 0-x damage on bolt, and missiles has a better average,.... but it seems bolt is completely disadvantaged here, rarely if ever beating the average. When you take into account the mem time for it (and chance of failing at 4th circle), it just doesn't seem fair to the little enchanters who have worked so hard to finally get it.

Maybe tease up the average damage a bit, so that if you dont fail too many times casting, it might actually be worth memming?
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:34 pm

funny you should mention it, few levels ago it appeard my cause lights did more damage than cause serious. Now I have cause crit, haven't noticed if that seems weaker than the cause serious.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:24 pm

Is lightning bolt perhaps weather dependant? .. being cast indoors maybe handicaps it some?

I read in one of the player guides that spells like lightning bolt that cast multipule strikes are usually a staple until nearly 30th.. Like Invokers with Magic Missile and Minute meteors... Those are old guides out on the web so not sure if they still hold true or not.
Popowidle (Gnome, Invoker), Edek (HalfElf Ranger), Calarum (Grey-elf, Druid)
Hsoj
Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Postby Hsoj » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:38 pm

Chill touch has always been one of the more powerful lower circle spells. In my understanding it grows in strength as you lvl. Is lightning bolt rangable here? Are any spells rangable, rather?
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:17 pm

Chill touch is one of the most powerful lower level spells on Duris. On Toril, it's crap.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:45 pm

what's duris' addy now?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:47 pm

Dalar wrote:what's duris' addy now?

Duris just got up again but is really unstable

Here is the homepage: http://duris.game-host.org/index.php

the only port open is the 6666 one.

(hope its not illigal to post address to other mud, after all it has a different PK focus.)

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”