Artimus

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Artimus

Postby Thilindel » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:28 am

He was considerably upgraded, yet the eq unchanged...was that supposed to happen? Found it odd that that was priority over the downgrading of rogues and those damned DS solo'g khanjari's *halo*
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:38 am

I wouldn't say he was upgraded any at all, more like fixed.
As for rogues.. thats code, not areas. ;)
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:30 am

Rogues can't solo DS effectively, most other classes can. Rogues are fun. Arti certainly needed something in order to substantiate the future when they are going to fix ring of raw energy which was downgraded from 50HP to 0.... :P :P :P... damn ansi schemes hating areas! :P
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Marthammor » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:08 pm

While not on topic, I'll address the thoughts on the raw energy ring here.

I wasn't the one that changed the stats on the ring, but I can see why they might have been changed.
Being a ring of raw energy, mana/psp seems to fit it better then hps.
However, if enough people would like it changed, I could do something like 40mana 30hps or something around there. I don't want to drop all the mana, nor do I want to drop it below useful levels. I also can't make it 50/50. If it were changed, it would also have to loose its 9power stat as well (I know, like anyone would miss it).
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:21 pm

+stat gear doesn't really belong on any high level items because it's basically a worthless stat. This is why items need to have more than 2 modifiers.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Marthammor » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:53 pm

All of us who write areas would love to have more modifiers on objects to make them more unique. I think its on a list someplace, but until that happens we're stuck with what we've got :(
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:56 pm

Really? I think I was told 2 years ago it would never happen.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Marthammor » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:02 pm

I thought it was mentioned that it was on the list of things to do. Of course, it could just be wishful thinking, heh.
Lathander
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Lathander » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:08 pm

It was something we had on Homeland where we had 4 effects possible. It was great, but as Marth said, it is something that the coders have on that big Christmas list we area folks give them. We did get some really cool stuff like actual stat bonuses which we asked for.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:32 pm

Wow 4 effects? Must have been after my time.

Hsoj
Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Postby Hsoj » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:40 pm

I'm just begining the halflings gem...

is this artimus, artemis entreri?
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:14 pm

Nope

That Artemis is alive and well in the Calimport Rogue's Guild.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:58 am

Even when you only talk about the 2 classes that mosly use mana, none of them would use raw energy rings. The absolute only time I could imaging using a mana ring like that instead of hitpoints is to plevel a small squid. When they were changed from 40 hp, to 50 in first round of changes, then 50hp to 50 mana in second, we figured it was someone doing just that, since changing the innate nature of an item doesn't have much to do with it's balance. There were and certainly are some great hitpoint rings that are much easier to get. If it was 50/50 a mana class would probably wear it over an ele ring, the mage classes would not. But over a signet / avernus / flower? Raw energy rings were hard to get just for the rare factor, I worked for AGES to get a pair just to fit a nice ansi scheme, they were still no where near as good as other rings at 40hp, or then upgraded to 50 hitpoints. I can't say I've tried new artimus yet, but if he is harder then I guess the rings need a look in even more than ever. I might wear them again if they had some hitpoints because I think they look nice (i'm in the minority here), but I now have a pair of 65HP 13str rings that I soloed much easier (and are also blue).
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”