Please remove grid zones

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Gormal
Sojourner

Please remove grid zones

Postby Gormal » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:49 am

They were a really good idea, but they serve no purpose any longer other than to clutter up the mud. Why not just bid them all goodnight?
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:50 am

2nded.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:01 am

And if they still are to remain, at least make mobs have a class, or have eq load maybe! Well, eq on mobs that are rareload. Would influence exploring more.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:51 am

Certain grids serve a purpose especialy for rogues that like to work skills.. so please dont get rid of all grids.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:47 am

I never really understood the point of these... what was the value in coding in big sections of territory populated by mobs that give crappy exp and no loot?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:39 am

There was a point but I don't think anyone remembers....
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:35 pm

Corth wrote:There was a point but I don't think anyone remembers....

I'll bet they were mini-scardales. And heavens no don't take them out especially if they are good for rogues because we all know they need more advantages ;) Newbie gear should be in there, these would be excellent transition spots going from scardale to the real mud, give them a little upgrade.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:20 pm

Not to mention if you live way down south near... calimport, and are portal fishing for a northern zone.

Class the mobs, and give them some rareload n00bie eq that is at least on par with what you get from scardale.

But cluttering the mud? Laugh... its a virtual game that takes no real space, and i doubt they slow the processor down any... I kinda like em, especially the ones with hidden exits. Just put in some more tricks. =)

Add zones, dont remove em.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:11 am

maybe just boost the number of mobs and change to warrior class and level 60 to make em worth killin comparative to DS?
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:14 am

Toril has so many great zones with storylines and well-written descriptions, the grid zones are barren wastelands of boring mobs/rooms. The original point was to help low level players solo around, however there are just so many other areas now that facilitate this need that are far more appealing and have better exp values to boot.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:22 pm

Yeah, the original idea was to give people a place where they could go and solo, albeit slowly and painfully. The idea never really caught on as far as I remember, as the exp rewards for killing unclassed mobs is so horridly low that few people spent any real amount of time in the grids.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:19 pm

Please. They're fun to explore, nice for XPing locations, just give them some class!! er.. well the mobs anyway. *wink*
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:25 pm

actually, heh, I once took my troll down to one of the UD grids when he was in his forties and stood toe-to-toe with one of the bigger troll mobs i could find.

After about 20 mins, it was more than obvious that neither one of us could really hurt eachother over regen (i had n00b eq), and I got bored and AFK-ed...

About two hours later or so I suddenly remembered I was still online, and I checked, and I was still fighting that troll. Heheh... I made like 20% damage xp without ever killing the mob =P
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:27 pm

rofl!
Hsoj
Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Postby Hsoj » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:37 pm

there's an exp penalty for non-classed mobs?

it's little gems of knowledge like this that someone needs to tell me about!
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:52 pm

Can't say as I'm entirely in favor of removing them. However I do agree that they need looked at and made worth leaving in.
Will add it to the list and see what we can do with em.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:23 pm

They're extremely worthless unless you're talking about the one with the traps. All they do is provide a faster way to hit a good gate to a safe area. If you guys want to stimulate a real world, put the grids ON the road rather than adjacent to them. Think duris map.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:24 pm

Fix or remove "Neverwinter Beta" too, please. It's just obnoxious, and currently serves no purpose other than to kill barbarbian and dwarven newbies walking to WD.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:51 pm

No Hsoj, but there is an xp bonus for classed mobs, multiclassed mobs, mobs that DI, mobs that aggro, mobs that track, etc. etc..

Basically, the tougher it is to kill, the more its worth. Usually.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:07 pm

as more and more of homelands roads and zones come in, neverwinter woods will likely become an optional passthrough if its not removed all together. From maps I've seen, Neverwinter isn't even in the woods like the zone seems to describe it being.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:16 pm

Could you guys at least fix the road pretty pretty pretty please??

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”