Multiple Issues

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Multiple Issues

Postby Glorishan » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:10 pm

1. When memming, if you try to prioritize a spell that isn't in your spelllist, you stop memming. Is this inteded?
  2. According to the news entry on 5/15/05 - You will no longer permanently lose skill notches when losing and regaining a level. - however, there is a scenario where this isn't the case.
    • You're a level 40 rogue, learn assassinate, then lose level 40. Once you regain 40, you have assassinate listed as (unlearned) again, and have to waste more money.
    • I imagine the same is true for any class upon losing a level where they gained a skill
  3. Gsay doesn't break hide, however, grep does. Why?

Glorishan
Touk says 'ac > glorishan > mr > touk > hps'
Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'
Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:59 pm

Sigh, go lose 50th...you never complained until now! :P

*teasing*
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:07 pm

I'm bumping this, cause I've had to pay to learn Assassinate 3x now. Which I understand it's my fault for dying and losing level 3x, but if the policy is that you don't lose skills perm after losing level, why in this case?

Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'

Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
Pril
Sojourner

Re: Multiple Issues

Postby Pril » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:42 pm

Glorishan wrote:Gsay doesn't break hide, however, grep does. Why?

Glorishan

Also the "group" command breaks hide which is rather annoying.

Pril
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:39 pm

Does GCMD still break hide too? That was a real pain..
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:46 pm

2 more gripes.
  1. The Blindness spell is WAY too difficult to land. I don't mind its short duration, but the fact that you can have a mob cursed/hexed and still fail time after time is awful.
  2. Cleric silence is WAY too difficult to land compared to other spells. As it stands, both druids and elementalists can land their silence probably 3 times for every 1 of the clerics. When zoning, if assigned to silence a mob, it's almost pointless for the cleric to try. Even with curse.

Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:04 pm

hrmm..whenever i worked with Kyrh, her shammer blinds seemed to work more often than not. Maybe thats just me.
Kallinar goes MOO
Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:51 pm

Ok, at level 50 with a spellcast generic of 94, it just took me 13 attempts to silence a cursed specter in the tower by CC. Am I alone in my thinking that it should never be that bad? 13 is easily the most attempts it's taken, but it's not uncommon to fail 6-8 silences before landing one on a spectre that's been cursed.

Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:55 pm

yeesh.

Ok so lets just vote for upgrade Glorishan!
Kallinar goes MOO

Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
Maedor
Sojourner

Re: Multiple Issues

Postby Maedor » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:03 pm

Pril wrote:
Glorishan wrote:Gsay doesn't break hide, however, grep does. Why?

Glorishan

Also the "group" command breaks hide which is rather annoying.

Pril

Group should break hide
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:55 am

Glorishan wrote:2 more gripes.
  1. The Blindness spell is WAY too difficult to land. I don't mind its short duration, but the fact that you can have a mob cursed/hexed and still fail time after time is awful.
  2. Cleric silence is WAY too difficult to land compared to other spells. As it stands, both druids and elementalists can land their silence probably 3 times for every 1 of the clerics. When zoning, if assigned to silence a mob, it's almost pointless for the cleric to try. Even with curse.

I think one of the reasons ice tongue/suffocate may land more often than silence is they are both spells in specialized areas while silence is a generic spell. So druids should have a greater chance of landing their nature spells (like suffocate) due to specialize nature, and elems should have a greater chance w/elemental spells (ice tongue) due to specialize elemental.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:44 am

Sots - I disagree. I understand your logic, but unless I'm mistaking, ice tongue and suffocate also do damage. Silence is just part of those spells (tell me if I'm off base here, always possible). With the clerical spell silence person, that is it's ONLY intended function. If it fails, there is no benefit to having cast it at all.

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:51 am

Ice tongue doesn't do damage. What makes it nice is it's * to cast tho
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:22 pm

The primary function of suffocate is silence. The damage is secondary and very minimal. I _have_ used suffocate for damage after I'm out of doom, hail, flame blade, spiked stones, sticks to snakes and mob is still alive :-P That is, if the mob isn't globed in which case suffocate is too low level to do damage. So yes, the spell does damage but it's definitely a silence spell, not a damage spell. Contrast this with invoker's sandblast which is primarily a damage spell, doing some very nice bloodying of the mob with a chance to silence. Now if invoker sandblast lands silence more often then cleric silence spell, there is definitely something amiss!
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:52 pm

Especially since sandblast BLINDS, then silences...
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:14 pm

Just my 2 cents, I tried a ton of blinds last night, they don't land well at all. Was less than 10% - cleric blind that is. Oh, and target was relatively same level..within 5 lvls. Wasn't trying on ds mobs.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:52 pm

I disagree with cleric silence rate being upped. They can silence well enough even though druids and elementalists can probably silence about 30% better with a single spell. With curse, clerics can probably silence as well as a druid/elementalist.

Being able to silence well is one of the best reasons to bring a druid or elementalist.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:05 am

Silencing a Mob isn't healing in nature, therefor it is understandable that other classes could surpass a cleric's ability to be more effective at doing so.

If it's right to give Elementalists such an effective silence ability, when they have an effective blind, and an effective tank creation ability, and effective teleportation spells, and effective self healing ability..

One has to wonder if perhaps the wrong class was given this adept ability to silence a mob?
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:23 am

kiryan wrote:Being able to silence well is one of the best reasons to bring a druid or elementalist.

That's exactly why I hate vitting anyone but myself in a zone, since vit is the same circle as suffocate.

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:58 pm

I would gladly give up Ice Tongue for an effective Ice Layer that was worth casting in anything more than minimal scenarios. I've griped about how quake >> ice layer a bunch of times, actually. When it's all said and done, each class is better than another at something, and worse at other things. It's diversity.
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:47 pm

Glorishan wrote:As it stands, both druids and elementalists can land their silence probably 3 times for every 1 of the clerics.

Druids suffocate blows compared to ice tongue which is way superior - and shamen seem to land silence better than clerics.
Io

Olit tells you '2000hrs on each of your 5 corpses'
Dugmaren responds to your petition with 'It'd be less spammy if you just deleted again.'
Lilithelle says 'to divine most peoples fates you need to read palms or tea leaves, but in ionari's you just read the corpses'
Alurissi tells you 'no, you're not safe, you're a suicide machine'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:42 pm

unless its changed, i dont think shaman silence lands any more often than cleric. However, shamans do tend to land more silences because they cast more silences and they hex (after clerics land curse its usually time to start healing)
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:32 pm

Ionari wrote:Druids suffocate blows compared to ice tongue which is way superior - and shamen seem to land silence better than clerics.

I know experiences differ according to mob/zone/etc but I have a lvl 50 druid and lvl 50 elementalist and my experience has been the opposite. I have a ball with suffocate because it lands so well and get annoyed with ice tongue because it generally seems more unwilling to make the mobs shut up (although the fast cast time of ice tongue is quite a lovely thing).
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Thu May 11, 2006 6:23 pm

Figured I'd bump this since so many things seem to be on the 'being addressed' list. Any of this stuff make that list?

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri May 12, 2006 1:23 am

What would be wonderful if they made "west" break hide. You can go either north, south, east, up, or down and maintain hide, but west should always reveal the player.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri May 12, 2006 2:45 pm

All of your issues are also being addressed, Glorishan.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri May 12, 2006 8:34 pm

Yasden wrote:
kiryan wrote:Being able to silence well is one of the best reasons to bring a druid or elementalist.

That's exactly why I hate vitting anyone but myself in a zone, since vit is the same circle as suffocate.

I thought it was just because you're a horrible druid who whines too much.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri May 12, 2006 9:34 pm

Says the paladin who can't even layhands his goat.

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat May 13, 2006 5:04 am

Oh, he 'lay goat' alright!

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”